Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our experience with building the Emerald 29..now 30...with G

Page 1 of 1
I am new to this forum and would just like to share my experience with building the Emerald 29 with Granvue Homes.

I hope this will become useful to those that like me are trying to know more about their builder and the journey they go through when building.

Before we finally decided to go with Granvue homes, we were supposed to build with volume builder Simmonds. But due to a lot of reasons, such as price, experience, and wrong decision with regards to design, we did not continue on with them. So we gave up our deposit and then tried to find another builder.

After shopping around again and researching, we stumbled onto Granvue homes. We had Steve, who's the general manager, and he was very detailed, up front and honest. He gave us a rough estimation on how much our site cost would be, which was at the moment a big problem because of the slope that we had on our land. We definitely needed a retaining wall and had to cut our land that had nearly a 2 metre height slop. We knew our soil needed a H2 slab, so we knew our site costs would definitely cost us. In addition, we live in the country side of Central Victoria so we knew a surcharge was going to occur.

We were happy to only get a $3,000.00 out of area surcharge which was quite low compared to the volume builders having a $10k to $18k base difference to Melbourne Metropolitan areas.

We also got a move in pack included and got discounts from Steve which I think was good. We accepted the Sales Quote and then proceeded onto the next stage.

Sash did our tender appointment, and once again he was really good. He was honest about what we needed to add, which is something we greatly appreciate because we wouldn't want to have the whole house finished and then just realise that one area of the house was dark because a downlight was not put there. We added a few downlights and power points throughout the house and changed very minor things. The variation was reasonably priced and we left happy and not worried.

We did our colour appointment with Evelyn. We were supposed to do it with Jacki but she was (my speculation) trying to train Evelyn to do colour appointments now. Jacki was there and was always available when certain questions or uncertainties were raised. I was still happy with the choices we made. I just regret that I didn't take any pictures of our selections and neither wrote them down. I also hoped that prices of the upgrades were readily available when doing the appointment. They still have to get back to us with regards to our "hoping-to-be" upgrades.

And BTW, we did our tile selection at Beaumont Tiles in Hoppers Crossing, while we did our colour selection at the Melton South display house.

Right now, we are just waiting on the variations that we did on our Colour appointment and hoping to do our contract signing ASAP so that this building process goes quick.

We are so excited and are looking forward to building with Granvue.

We will keep you posted on our progress.

Our Emerald 29- Granvue Home Timeline:

November 16- Initial Sales Registration of $1,000.00 given
November 29- Accepted the Sales Quotation and provided another $1,000.00
December 9- Lisa called to book a Tender appointment and a colour Appointment
January 16- Had our Tender appointment with Sash and gave an additional $2,000.00
January 23- Had our Colour appointment with Evelyn

Here was our floor plan during our Tender...rear half of the house was flipped to suit our crossover and have the alfresco facing the north side. Due to the flip, they had to adjust the entrance hallway which now is bigger and also made our master bedroom WIR larger as well. We had to pay a couple thousands due to the adjustment but am happy especially because of the larger WIR. Our house is now 30sqs.
Hi danden14

I am also thinking about building with Granvue (not finalized yet). How is your building process going so far? how is your experience with Granvue so far?

Cheers
Aamer
Hi mate hows the house going after hand over?
we are looking at building the emerald 29 also
Related
8/02/2024
Survey for those who built recently, building now or soon

Building A New House

https://form.jotform.com/240284569218058 Please spare a moment to fill out this survey form for a project. You stand a chance to win a digital gift voucher. Legitimate…

24/04/2024
Carlisle Building Experience

Building A New House

Carlisle use to sneak a water resistant "Performance Solution" into their contracts. Have you checked your contract for same?

15/08/2023
I often get asked if now is a good time to build

Building A New House

Well thats a relief! The whole family is sick of waiting.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum