Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

I have to raise my house 1.8m! is this even possibly True ?

Page 3 of 3
zc12345
what does FFL stands for?

AHD i understand but not sure about FFL

I sent you a PM - check your messages.
Finished floor level which is the end height

I'm not technical, but Ryde Council has Flood Maps. They use to be on their website, but I can't seem to find them these days. I know they are available if you go in to Council and ask to see them. This shows whether your home is listed in a Flood Zone. About 20 years ago, there was a huge flood, especially around the Eastwood area and many homes are listed as flood prone. (1 in a 100 year flood). This is probably due to the fact that there were many creeks (in the old days) that our now concrete streets with no place for water to run off. I have heard of others in the area wanting to build in a flood zone and the requirements are quite large now. Many of those people have decided to "renovate" rather than rebuild due to those issues.
Related
29/07/2023
House possibly built on spring (1960's home)

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

We purchased a 1960s property that is on timber stumps mostly, and a newer section is on concrete stumps. We had a building inspection initially and they reported some…

30/05/2023
Replace roof, raise wall height vs extend

Renovation + Home Improvement

ok thanks - yes was wondering if that should have been listed as Option Three!

20/09/2023
Does this concrete perimeter raise any concern? Help please!

Paving & Concreting

i had the my concreters concrete right up to the fence. I have pits all along my path, so the water tends to drain away from the house and into the pits. There's only one…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum