Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

H3nl3y KDR Mont3r3y belle q2 - post handover work

Page 27 of 28
What size architrave and skirts did you get?
Good luck jessicana10... what a hard slog it's been for you 😔 hope some of the disappointment lifts once you're in your own space...

Good luck with handover tomorrow.
Wishing all the very best for your handover tomorrow Jessicana10. Don't be rushed in any way, keep positive thoughts and yes there is light at the end of the tunnel!
Good luck Jessica.

Mainvue Amalfi 530 - Our First build
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81745
So we got the keys yesterday and a list of things still to be fixed. The flooring guys turned up that day but the floor still needed further leveling so they poured that yesterday and came back today to lay the timber. This is the progress

Floor looks great Jessica.

Mainvue Amalfi 530 - Our First build
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81745

So so happy with the guys from F@wels - they did a great job. The floor looks awesome. Will take a few mops to get clean though.

The floors look great! I hope your feeling a bit brighter about your house now.
Hey Jess,
Hope you're settling in and starting to love your new home

viewtopic.php?t=81336 Building with MainVue...Modified Ivory 436...our journey
It's so much work. Our things have been in storage for 12 months so I'm cleaning everything. Dust and dirt everywhere
- the carpet goes in tomorrow which is great as then we can put things in the bedroom and free up the over cluttered living area. Soooo much to clean in the house too. There is dust everywhere

Trying to keep the kids busy

Concrete prep underway now

Some concrete done and more to go tomorrow

That looks awesome! Very nice.

Knockdown and rebuild - Sahara Q2 with Henley

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=75715
That's some lovely looking concrete you have there. Glad to see it is all finally coming together for you
Ok so the after hand over tasks are full steam ahead. The concrete is due to be sealed this week.
Henley guys are coming and going fixing bits and pieces. I must say living in the house is not great. Looking at our * tiles and finishes everyday is driving me crazy. Do we love our home?? No. Would we build with them again???? Hell no.
This is our ensuite in its current state, after the caulker came back to 'fix' bits

Wonky tiles

Our newly caulked - never used shower niche

Some caulking fixed

General finishes

It's goes on and on. I spent an entire day scraping grout off the skirting and cabinets.

Looks like the missed a few bits here - must be too hard to reach

Tiles cut short - gap filled with grey??

So we have been living in the house for a month now.
The after handover tasks are underway and looking good. Here is the side of the house progress

Before :

Current:

We are still waiting on lots of things to get fixed including our top two kitchen drawers that still don't fit - they are currently sitting on my bedroom floor.

Things I would change now that we have lived in here for a while:

1) higher ceilings - wish we upgraded this. I think it is a must have.

2) white kitchen - should have done this.

3) lighter floors and engineered oak.
The laminate looks great but it's hard under foot and cold. After standing on my friends floor which is engineered oak it feels much nicer.

4) wish we had a skylight in our kitchen. I don't think this was an option with Henley anyway but the kitchen is dark.

5) would have got bigger windows in the kids bedrooms. They don't get all that much light in them.

Hey Jess, your sideway outside looks good
I was reading your list of suggestions...too late for us of course
but curious anyway.
What height ceilings have you got?
We have white overhead cupboards, so half a point there
and a tick for our lighter colored timber floors

Our configuration is quite different so kitchen shouldn't be too dark, although I am not convinced about our splashback colour. I was at Cosham recently...there is a much bigger range of colours offered now.
We will possibly put a skylight or 2 in over our rear passage as our neighbours have a tall brick garage only 1.18m from a couple of our rooms which will block afternoon light significantly. We will check that out when we are in.

Hope you have a smile on your face now that things are getting done.

viewtopic.php?t=81336 Building with MainVue...Modified Ivory 436...our journey
what a journey you have been on Jess. Thankyou so much for sharing it as there is plenty of great advice and things to look out for which I have a feeling I'm going to need soon. I hope you and your hubby fall in love with the house again now that things are coming to an end.
Related
28/09/2023
Carlisle KDR site cost after second soil test

Building A New House

We were lucky in that our old house was so small (86 square metres) compared to the new house, they were able to take enough readings around the old backyard house before…

21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum