Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

H3nl3y KDR Mont3r3y belle q2 - post handover work

Page 13 of 28
Hope you informed your SS bcoz sometimes they dont fix mortar or change bricks unless u tell them. I had to keep telling the SS on my previous build to fix those. Bad thing was the brickie came and fixed but I think its a different sand or cement mix and the colour was different to the other Mortar.
Looks like we are going to get an independent inspection report now. Too many things are looking rough. Now to figure out how to organize it.

Hope these things get fixed. I know they are only little but they are right at the front

jessicana10
Looks like we are going to get an independent inspection report now. Too many things are looking rough. Now to figure out how to organize it.

Jessicana10 I think that's a very good idea, we used BE from this site. Very helpful and informative. Good luck with getting all your issues fixed.
Not much to update today. Just downpipes put on but not connected. I must say I do love our bricks just not the close up work of the mistakes

They look great all clean! They are quite similar to mine really aren't they! You won't be far off finishing now!

It's funny as we were tossing up between hawthorn and hawksburn for so long and in he end they are so similar. I love the range of colour variation in the bricks

Yep me too i love them!

So we have a few little issues to sort out.
SS said they took the tiles off the wall as they are thicker than the cornice. Not sure what they are going to do to fix this.
Also our facade is wrong.
We can leave the full length pillars or they can take the top few rows off but then they have to move the 3 JB in the pillars.
Anyway, no work going on today or tomorrow so I'll worry about that later in the week.
In the mean time I've found a program where you can enter in all your walls and windows etc then play around with furniture and colours - I'm addicted here is a few examples

Green and white

Brown and white

Corner couch

The quality is much better I just took photos of the computer screen.

No progress in the last two weeks, if anything we have gone backwards. All this cornice ripped out now

Oh dear
that sucks Jess. I guess at least it's being fixed and done properly

Oh and I can't imagine it's ideal to have all our downpipes dumping water on the edge of the slab in this heavy rain

Hey.

It must be disheartening I know but there will be a good reason for the plaster mods.. better to get them fixed now than once its painted.

Also dont worry about the down pipes.. a different person does the storm water connection and it will have an elbow in it thats buried and will connect up perfectly.. mine looked like that too. Get good photos so you know where they are now and youll be able to run drains if you concrete down the side of your house

So our site got cleaned today which was nice. It's super muddy now. But after all this rain I'm not surprised.
The tilers came and grouted the floor and remaining wall tiles. Still more tiles need to go up. In pleased to say our grey tiles look much better than our white ones.
There is still a lot of work to do with them. A lot of the grout is messy and will need re doing and more tiles need to be laid but at least we got a little bit of work done today.

Shower base is looking better

Kids shower

Ensuite bathhob

Laundry

Laundry splash back. They need to do more tiles on the sides so it's same height as the rear wall and I'm annoyed they put the cut tiles on the top and not the bottom -

And timber cladding between the living room windows has been done

And what's the go with this? Some of the cupboards have huge hinges and some little ones????

Oh good! Lookin good! How are you still getting in!!

Our house has never been locked, all the doors are always open and we have a front window missing so plenty of ways to get in

The new tiles are looking great.
I'd suggest your large hinges are for soft close options. While the other ones aren't.
Btw, your tiles in the shower look very familiar. 😄

The hinges stump me as the big ones are on one side and the small on the other in the same cupboard.
Anyway: on Monday they came and did some plaster fixing and started the timber staining.
Yesterday didn't really do anything but take all the doors off and I'm not sure what they are doing today. Maybe the eaves.
It's is in slow motion now. Hardly any work in the last 3 weeks

So they have started the eaves and that's looking great

The windows are being stained - that's also looking great

Our ensuite however makes me cringe. It's being butchered even more

And who ever is tiling it can't tile straight to save themselves

Related
28/09/2023
Carlisle KDR site cost after second soil test

Building A New House

We were lucky in that our old house was so small (86 square metres) compared to the new house, they were able to take enough readings around the old backyard house before…

21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum