Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Guide with Building new house with Burbank

Page 1 of 1
Good morning,

I got my loan unconditional
, end of this month there is land settlement, till now I had done all building paperwork with Burbank, now I was about to go and sign final building contract today with Burbank, but right now I am so confused after reading all these review form everybody and their experience,
Can someone suggest me how should I processed to the building new house, my loan is on the basis of Burbank, so I have to stick with them, what caution I should take, I lost my whole interest with this house building thing
Please provide me some suggestion,

thanks
All I can tell you is that I have had three new houses and in my opinion it beats buying someone else's idea of what a home should be like.

I have also lived in several 2nd Hand homes so I can compare.

One thing that will reduce any troubles is take the contract home and read it thoroughly.

Also check all the plans to make sure they show what you have asked for.
Hi DEEPMOB

I too heard many mixed reviews about them. Some great and fine and dandy and others enough to put you off for a lifetime.

I think if you have done your due diligence in choosing a builder then really whats out of your control is out of your control.

My opinion only: your guide to building with burbank is to do all you can prior to signing with them to support that decision AND get an Independent Building Inspector as well. Although it doesn't guarantee smooth sailing you are doing all in your power to reduce risk.

Hope this helps let me know if there is anything specific else you may want to know...
bashworth
All I can tell you is that I have had three new houses and in my opinion it beats buying someone else's idea of what a home should be like.

I have also lived in several 2nd Hand homes so I can compare.

One thing that will reduce any troubles is take the contract home and read it thoroughly.

Also check all the plans to make sure they show what you have asked for.

Thanks will do that
EmmaW84
Hi DEEPMOB

I too heard many mixed reviews about them. Some great and fine and dandy and others enough to put you off for a lifetime.

I think if you have done your due diligence in choosing a builder then really whats out of your control is out of your control.

My opinion only: your guide to building with burbank is to do all you can prior to signing with them to support that decision AND get an Independent Building Inspector as well. Although it doesn't guarantee smooth sailing you are doing all in your power to reduce risk.

Hope this helps let me know if there is anything specific else you may want to know...

Thanks for reply EMMA,

so you recommend to have Building Inspector, what you think if I need inspector before sign contract or after building.

kindly regards
Def a building inspector and apparently a min of 3 stages but the more the better. I can only afford 3 at this point.

However with my contract I didn't get any third party to check it. Possibly you could get some legal advice at an additional cost I haven't met many who have to date.

Do as much research as you can, back yourself and go for it as thoroughly as you can.
Related
22/01/2024
Regarding Burbank Bricks

General Discussion

Hi All, Recently we have signed a contract with Burbank and we are not aware that they have just DORSET, SURREY, HAMPSHIRE, KENT, PILBARA and REDGUM bricks from PGH are…

26/06/2023
New House

Building A New House

Yes well there solution is to blame everyone else while I a 65yr old woman with major medical problems have to just continue to boil water and wash myself in a bucket…

7/09/2023
Leak in wall new house

General Discussion

If you make sure all taps inside and out are turned off, what does the water meter show if you leave it for a while.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum