Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our new home

Page 17 of 17
surtees
Looking great Sarah only just catching up but looks awesome bet you cant wait to be in.

Fingers crossed for handover before Christmas! urghhh hope the bank don't delay :S I've estimated 2-10 days for the bank... that should be ok thats what its been in the past. So even if we don't have anything till 14th that will be the 24th unless they decide thats a public holiday. Was suggested may have final invoice before the 14th if we are lucky..

Carpet in study and master complete, carpet throughout cut out ready to be laid tomorrow. Everyones be told to finish by lunchtime tomorrow because the cleaner is coming at lunchtime tomorrow! Still need the rest of the electrical finished, the shower screens and mirrors... and what else? flyscreens... painter is to come back also but Chris said he will come after the cleaner has been.
Wow! We had the cleaner in this afternoon! who would have thought that. Mirrors, shower screen, lights, carpets, heater getting done today.

Still to go- plumber hasn't put bath mixer on, oven, solar hot water, evaporative cooler and the painter to come back and finalise his job. Also got to replace/repair? the shower screen in the kids bathroom as it is chipped already!

Got to see the lights on this arvo- or at least I did through the photos haha.

Only one real thing they missed- the power point on the water fall end of my kitchen bench- they have put under the bench at the back where the stools go!
Thats not what I wanted! I wanted to be able to cook at the bench and now I fear I won't be ablate as the cables won't reach that far. Anyway we will be discussing that on Monday.

Kids bathroom

ensuite
Love this!! My walk in robe.

Kitchen pendants and dining room.. Theres a black fan to the right in the family room.

Kids room, we bought some plain light fittings for the kids rooms. They were nice enough to fit them for us
Looking fabulous.
It’s all looking so good - well done!

- B

A vue of the pines on the Gold Coast
forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=87210
Solar panels started getting installed today, only half got done as they thought it was getting too windy up there, this doesn't matter so much as its getting done separately to the house build. We had the plumber onsite testing everything and fitting the hot water system, oven and dishwasher. The kids bathroom is yet to be finished- the bath plug didn't pop up it stayed lock so another one has been ordered and is on its way, the tap is also missing (not sure why).

The evaporative cooler is not installed yet. Do we get flyscreens? They haven't put them on yet, I'm sure it said we did...

The cleaner was in again today, (and will be tomorrow).

Have our inspection/ walk through at 3.30pm on Monday and will bring with us our list of issues- mostly cosmetic stuff, i.e. today I noticed a chip off a tile in the kids bathroom.

No new photos, I mean there are plenty of new photos but I can't put them on because I broke my laptop! It was chris's fault though he didn't put the screws into the bottom that I had been asking him to do for months and I've done something when I've picked it up... he is fixing it for me though. Anyway things are looking good, waiting for building inspector to come through so we can get the final invoice! All going well handover will be Friday 22. Anyway solar panels finally done, heater and cooling, fly screens and doors, place is clean, painter is back in today. Eeek
Got the change of occupancy certificate this morning along with the final invoice. The invoice has been submitted to the bank, so it's really up to them now. Chris was told by site supervisor that they want us in by Thursday next week! Hopefully it could be sooner then that???

The painter was in again today finishing off everything and painting a feature wall we got him to do last minute... as far as I know only the site supervisor was coming through today other than him.

At work today myself and my boss got a special delivery from the builder as we both built with them this year, a lovely gift basket of local homemade biscuits jams and rocky road etc just as a Christmas present and to say thank you for building with them. Didn't get a photo before chris ripped into it haha.
Well guess what! Chris called the bank today to see that they had everything they needed (and to see if we could do anything to speed up the loan) to be told someone had been assigned to our case, so we have been waiting all day for an email/text from the bank to say its been paid as per previous payments but nothing. Chris checked his account on his phone at like 11.30pm to find we are now in debt! Guess that means we will be getting keys soon!! Yippee!!

I had to count how many days the build has been.. as of today its been 130 days! Tomorrow the cleaners will be in to have their final clean and hoping we might get keys tomorrow??!!!! Could do a happy dance but its midnight!

Feature wall in the theatre- I haven't got a photo of it finished yet its so blue!
We have a big framed NFL jersey to go up on this wall so should look good when its up!

*Happy dance*
Hope you can get keys tomorrow... but you should try and get some sleep now!

- B

I tried sleeping it’s not working yet haha!! Whoops :s going to go get some water and try get to sleep urghhh
Princesssarrah06
Well guess what! Chris called the bank today to see that they had everything they needed (and to see if we could do anything to speed up the loan) to be told someone had been assigned to our case, so we have been waiting all day for an email/text from the bank to say its been paid as per previous payments but nothing. Chris checked his account on his phone at like 11.30pm to find we are now in debt! Guess that means we will be getting keys soon!! Yippee!!

I had to count how many days the build has been.. as of today its been 130 days! Tomorrow the cleaners will be in to have their final clean and hoping we might get keys tomorrow??!!!! Could do a happy dance but its midnight!

Feature wall in the theatre- I haven't got a photo of it finished yet its so blue!
We have a big framed NFL jersey to go up on this wall so should look good when its up!

*Happy dance*
Yay !! I bet you've never been sooo excited to be in debt! LOL! Nearly there now - thrilled for you! 130 days - that's awesome. Fingers crossed ours is just as swift when we finally begin!

Hand over tomorrow at midday!! Didn't happen today unfortunately. The roofer was supposed to come yesterday and fix up our roof and resident bird family but didn't get there till today, which left the cleaner to come this afternoon instead, bit of a pity because I don't finish till 5 tomorrow night today I finished at 3 (2 whole hours extra moving I could have gotten in)! Oh well.

132 days from first action on block till hand over of keys. Wonder how long it was before that...
That’s disappointing... hope all goes well tomorrow

- B

All keyed up.. and moving in! Done 5 loads already?? Maybe more we had the brother in law help out with a trailer. Looks like a bomb site already and only been in a few hours hahaha. God our furniture and junk is horrible?!!! Really need some new stuff ;(
Congratulations!!!

- B

That blue is amazing

Congratulations!!

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t
Tinkster it’s called star spangled and is tabaums(???) brand although we used Dulux paint haha. Anyway the name of the paint suits the room it’s for our America room! Haha. NFL related merchandise and stuff we bought home from America! I think if I let Chris do it we would have his flags as curtains haha.
Related
22/01/2024
Builder connecting our new toilet for his trades

Bathrooms and Laundry

"Losers" "humanity" "off time" "your" "top notch" "love symbol" Sounds like ponzo is done using other people's toilets

16/08/2023
QS fees for building a new home

General Discussion

Is it just a report written to give to the bank initially and it is based on what and how your payments are made up for, or is it a full service where they go out and…

19/08/2023
New home

Building A New House

Skjm You might want to watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKx-bsOr2jg If that link doesn't work go to youtube and search for Zac Homes ACA I am really…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum