Mojo Homes

Page 49 of 62
Sediment control was done within 24 hrs and fence within 48 of site cut

Wed site cut
Thursday sediment control
Friday fence up

Monday piering is booked in!

I may start a new thread as

1 i drive past the block everyday as we are renting down the road.

2. Im also a subbie involved in the build. Which is great as i have control of the tiling only.

Those interested in timeline we went to construction list 9 months and 1 week after tender.

From Construction list Mojo started exactly 20 working days after. Bit of delay with 3 shortened weeks. (Easter and anzac).

Good part is soil had some time to drain after all that march rain and less likely to get any settlement post construction of a water logged substrate!!

No bunched public holidays till xmas so qe should see some good productivity up to end of November.

We are currently in the planning/budget stages and are seriously looking at Mojo or Wisdom. Both companies don't really have a heap of information from clients available for review. This thread is great.

We have a 1.5m back to front slope on our block. We had 1 builder quote $40k additional site works, needless to say we won't be using them. Most builders don't see it as much of an issue and have quoted between $7.5k and $15.5k. Has anybody had any experience with Mojo and a block that has required more than the standard 1m cut and fill?

thanks
Nathan_Everett
We are currently in the planning/budget stages and are seriously looking at Mojo or Wisdom. Both companies don't really have a heap of information from clients available for review. This thread is great.

We have a 1.5m back to front slope on our block. We had 1 builder quote $40k additional site works, needless to say we won't be using them. Most builders don't see it as much of an issue and have quoted between $7.5k and $15.5k. Has anybody had any experience with Mojo and a block that has required more than the standard 1m cut and fill?

thanks

We were not charged for the cut and fill. In the initial stages I was told up to 1m is no extra charge.
Nabrolkellyville
Nathan_Everett

thanks

We were not charged for the cut and fill. In the initial stages I was told up to 1m is no extra charge.

Hi Nabrol thanks for sharing the information. I am wondering what was the total sitecost for your build? Did they use any drop edge beam? We are looking at a block which has similar slope .

Did they charge you a lot for the garage stepdown?
Thanks a lot
Nabrolkellyville
Nathan_Everett

thanks

The apartment block errmm i mean enigma 43 ready for piering!

ja-mez
The apartment block errmm i mean enigma 43 ready for piering!

how
Exciting!

Anyone for waffles?

Piering wed
Internal drainage thursday
Forming up friday

Can't get smoother than that! Ready for pouring wednesday next week! Marl our slab supervisor is a champ. Still waiting to hear who our supervisor will be once he hands over the frame stage!

Looking good! Can't wait for ours to start.
Sun beating down on a fine autumns day! Mojo gettings their concrete on... Surprised at the number of blokes still with a shirt on

Sun beating down on a fine autumns day! Mojo gettings their concrete on... Surprised at the number of blokes still with a shirt on

ja-mez

Look great and very quick

Great progress ja-mez.

Update: our build is finally moving again! thanks to our new SS. He is our third one and so far been the great during his short time with us. Our house is now 1-2 week from PCI. Plumbing complete, only electrical to go and site clean up.
I'd written a nice big post but the iPhone refreshed the page, spewing...

Anyway, everybody needs to lighten up. You are going to have a rubbish experience everywhere unless you build a strong working relationship with the builder and work together. They don't have all the answers, our sales guy was willing to let us go before we came back with another design off their site requesting some mods to get the result we need. This is a project home company, not a bespoke builder.

Anyway, aside from the rough patch, Mojo have been good. Our timings as follows:

Initial tender - May 2016
Plans - June 2016
Contract - June 2016
Colours - ~August 2016 I think
Elec - ~September 2016 I think
Then wait for land to rego
Land registered 4 months late, settled - April 19, 2017
Plans sent to council - May 15, 2017

Da would have been sent sooner if CBA didn't hold up the registration of the mortgage (they still haven't registered it with LPI!!). We were able to arrange communication between Mojo and our conveyancer to confirm ownership and facilitate DA.

Our tender expires 30th June, so will be tight to maybe hit construction list.

I've added our stairs quote and plans for reference.

Building Escala 27, with some mods in North Kellyville

HLC that's Escalexellent!!!

Nice stairs.
We didnt do.anything fancy. With our active and naughty kits we opted for black japan stain with stepped stringer as my wife likes that detail insteaf of the raked look.

HLC333
I'd written a nice big post but the iPhone refreshed the page, spewing...

Anyway, everybody needs to lighten up. You are going to have a rubbish experience everywhere unless you build a strong working relationship with the builder and work together. They don't have all the answers, our sales guy was willing to let us go before we came back with another design off their site requesting some mods to get the result we need. This is a project home company, not a bespoke builder.

Anyway, aside from the rough patch, Mojo have been good. Our timings as follows:

Initial tender - May 2016
Plans - June 2016
Contract - June 2016
Colours - ~August 2016 I think
Elec - ~September 2016 I think
Then wait for land to rego
Land registered 4 months late, settled - April 19, 2017
Plans sent to council - May 15, 2017

Da would have been sent sooner if CBA didn't hold up the registration of the mortgage (they still haven't registered it with LPI!!). We were able to arrange communication between Mojo and our conveyancer to confirm ownership and facilitate DA.

Our tender expires 30th June, so will be tight to maybe hit construction list.

I've added our stairs quote and plans for reference.

Building Escala 27, with some mods in North Kellyville

Thanks for stair case info.
I spoke to general stair case and discussed some option. I think I
Can get something I like or work with in about the same price as urs. It looks like we would be going ahead with Mojo.

Our construction started in November last year. Since then we have only received 3 email updates on the progress.

Is this your experience as well? What can we reasonable expect in terms of communication during construction?

HomeTweetHome
Our construction started in November last year. Since then we have only received 3 email updates on the progress.

Is this your experience as well? What can we reasonable expect in terms of communication during construction?

I have always call to my site supervisior to find out status or you can visit site for progress . I am only received email from them for progress payment ..

HomeTweetHome

You should contact your site supervisor, your SS should be initiating contact to keep you in the loop.

I contact mine usually once a week/fortnight to ask for updates if they dont contact me first lol.

This way you know anny issues your ss faces, eg shortage of tradies so you know reasons for delays.
private081983
HomeTweetHome

I have always call to my site supervisior to find out status or you can visit site for progress . I am only received email from them for progress payment ..

I usually get an email every two eweeks and a phone call the week in between. You should definitely contact your SS.

Related
26/11/2023
Mojo Homes site costs

General Discussion

Is anyone building with Mojo and have a recent site cost tender

8/01/2024
Mojo Homes, Enigma 46 - Gables NSW

Building A New House

Hi all, We are considering Enigma 46 from Mojo Homes in Gables, NSW. Has anyone built with Mojo and any pointers and feedback. Also, if anyone has built similar design…

2/04/2024
Any feedback on Mojo builds on sloping sites and in Thornton

Building A New House

Hi, We are looking for a builder that can build a small home (smaller length) on a sloping site. We came across Mojo's Zephyr design 10.6 m wide and 11.5 m length. Does…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum