Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Mojo Homes

Page 46 of 62
I look at the negative feedback from a different angle.

Everyone loves to complain when things don't go their way and jump on Social Media in an attempt to influence others not to use the company that they dislike.
Not many people jump on Social media to give compliments, so the feedback found online will always be negative biased.

What I see are a few jobs that haven't met the customers expectations. Whats the root cause of the issue? The feedback states it is all Mojo's fault. But as well all know, there are two sides to every story. Each person will subconsciously bias their story to suit themselves.

Now I'm not discounting the negative feedback at all. I put it into perspective with the jobs that have gone as planned and we haven't heard about. 4 negative reviews out of 8 on Product review. Ok, thats 50%. But Mojo have built more than 8 homes.

I take the negative feedback as a tale of caution, but not a reason to disregard them altogether.

There are horror stories for all the builders.

Look at Huxley for one, or Clarendon building a house with no piers!

Like everything in life, there are choices.
Some people love Android and hate Apple.
Some people will love Mojo, and some won't.
Warwicks2016
I look at the negative feedback from a different angle.

Everyone loves to complain when things don't go their way and jump on Social Media in an attempt to influence others not to use the company that they dislike.
Not many people jump on Social media to give compliments, so the feedback found online will always be negative biased.

What I see are a few jobs that haven't met the customers expectations. Whats the root cause of the issue? The feedback states it is all Mojo's fault. But as well all know, there are two sides to every story. Each person will subconsciously bias there story to suit themselves.

Now I'm not discounting the negative feedback at all. I put it into perspective with the jobs that have gone as planned and we haven't heard about. 4 negative reviews out of 8 on Product review. Ok, thats 50%. But Mojo have built more than 8 homes.

I take the negative feedback as a tale of caution, but not a reason to disregard them altogether.

There are horror stories for all the builders.

Look at Huxley for one, or Clarendon building a house with no piers!

Like everything in life, there are choices.
Some people love Android and hate Apple.
Some people will love Mojo, and some won't.

Abso-bloody-lutely!

Does mojo charge for subway tiles to be laid in a 'brickwall' pattern?

newwyhouse2233
Does mojo charge for subway tiles to be laid in a 'brickwall' pattern?

Yes, those subway looking tiles for Bathrooms are also more expensive extra $600.
Just a word of advice from someone in the ceramics industry with 20 years exp.

Aside from the fact Subway will date.
Too many grout joints!! Family bathrooms are rarely kept as clean as we'd like. Grout can and will discolour and go mouldy. Then you have alot of ugly grout.

I Certainly do no do it in a kitchen unless the grout is epoxy or youre happy to live with stained grout due to fats and oils. Remember its porous and absorbs water.

The current commercial fad is large format tiles 3x1.5m yes meter!! This is one we just finished at 255 clarence st

Interesting!! too late for us now though =(...we are using it for the kitchen for splashback for the bit around the window. Hopefully it's not too bad =(

So with your industry experience - can you tell me - what is the price and a good place to get those giant tiles?
And what do you think is the best flooring for a kitchen and living area? We are still deciding and have no idea.

THANKS!
If you have this grout the first day younget the keys apply a grout sealer. You can buy it at bunnings. Follow the instructions.. quite simple

Best for kitchen imo any decent tile.
Try not tonuse polished porcelain. Make sure the tile is atleadt an R9 in slip rating.

Living i would say timber
Tiles are to noisey.. but with enigma we are just tiling the whole gf in a timber look tile. Similar look to the souls floating boards

As for the large tiles a few companies sell thin set porcelain in large format.
Living
Skheme

Cost wise they cost anywhere from 600 to 2000 per panel plus installation. Hence why its popular in commercial hehhehe not for the faint heartes or budget conscious. Our last house our entire rumpus was done in it. The RE agent had never seen it. Flipped out. We had left over stock from a large job and though why not. Hahhaa

been a while since my last post. Our house was progressing really well until the chrissy break. After the break it call halted, gyprockers never returned to fix damaged walls, site supervisor resigned. By the time our temporary ss picked up our job we lost a month in transition. So frustrating! Looks to be true Mojo have taken on too many projects and cant deliver on time. Really hope the end result is worth this crap.
shams
been a while since my last post. Our house was progressing really well until the chrissy break. After the break it call halted, gyprockers never returned to fix damaged walls, site supervisor resigned. By the time our temporary ss picked up our job we lost a month in transition. So frustrating! Looks to be true Mojo have taken on too many projects and cant deliver on time. Really hope the end result is worth this crap.

How many months since you have started construction now?

What's was the plan now?

We stared end of Aug, looking at completion early May now.
Hey Shams
Thats still under 9 months! As much as it pains you the lack of progress its still within an acceptable timeframe. If we get ours done in the same time i'd be stoked!!

Gyprockers and hebel are going to be the slow points.

We Should be on construction list anyday now, our DA was council approved 5 weeks ago so as you im riding the waves.

April has 3 public holidays. Hopefully they kick off before hand and use those days for curing.. doubt they'll get the slab down within 3 weeks. Fingers crossed. You never know!

We're also sweating on the Fence going up, over 10k in clearing costs to date. I have a 3T truck and we've done 7 loads to the tip. At $350 a tonne. Plus the time spent!

I managed to catch one in the act from modern view homes, modern view were great about it. The subbie and the site supervisor not so much. Acted like they did me a favour. Lots of F words used by them Hehhehe. Took them 4 hours an escavator and a 4T tipper to clean it up. I guess they dont like paying their fair share..

Any one suggestion? My job is in construction list. Do mojo homes jump in to land for construction with in 20days or they will take more or less?

Once I was on the construction list Mojo had started grading the land within 7 working days

Recently days?

tuckems
Once I was on the construction list Mojo had started grading the land within 7 working days

When your construction has started? This year??

I think I went on the construction list around 9/10th Feb. The file went to site 16th Feb and site excavating was done 17th Feb

There was a few weeks delay cause of all the rain recently but I'm upto frames now. Fingers crossed the weather stays nice.

tuckems
There was a few weeks delay cause of all the rain recently but I'm upto frames now. Fingers crossed the weather stays nice.

Where about your building the house?

Contract signed with Mojo today for a Nova 30 with a few alterations. Staff have been amazing in all aspects, from Sales, Project Coordinator and Interior Designer. I wasn't confident when I saw some of the Young ladies at the My Choice design studio but was I wrong never judge a book by it's cover. She gave us the right ideas and colour choices for what we wanted and didn't miss one thing at all amazing. Exciting times ahead. I've been very quiet here but I thank all of you for your contribution it has helped along the process too as I've been reading a lot.

private081983
tuckems

Where about your building the house?

I'm building the enigma 36 at Gledswood Hills

Related
26/11/2023
Mojo Homes site costs

General Discussion

Is anyone building with Mojo and have a recent site cost tender

8/01/2024
Mojo Homes, Enigma 46 - Gables NSW

Building A New House

Hi all, We are considering Enigma 46 from Mojo Homes in Gables, NSW. Has anyone built with Mojo and any pointers and feedback. Also, if anyone has built similar design…

2/04/2024
Any feedback on Mojo builds on sloping sites and in Thornton

Building A New House

Hi, We are looking for a builder that can build a small home (smaller length) on a sloping site. We came across Mojo's Zephyr design 10.6 m wide and 11.5 m length. Does…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum