Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Mojo Homes

Page 3 of 62
I'll definitely have to go check out the showroom in Wentworthville too! Great tip!

Tonia22
bradandpenny1
Hi All

Haven't been on in quite a while, but we've decided to build with Mojo - we're building the Melody 39.

Feels like we've had slow progress but compared to the experience of some on this forum I think things have progressed reasonably quickly for us.

We first looked at Mojo in early Feb and were provided with a preliminary estimate a couple of weeks later. We decided to proceed and paid our deposit, and about five weeks later the first tender arrived. We have since proceeded through second and third tenders as we modified the plans slightly (a couple of times), have had our first colours appointment, and were presented our Consolidated Tender a couple of weeks ago. The process has been reasonably smooth thus far, however at this stage the queries we have are no longer about the house itself, but are more related to getting it out of the ground (e.g plumbing and sewage issues that were only raised in the CT that "may" require additional works for which there are no provisions in the tender and no estimates for potential costs).
Our Sales guy is very helpful, but has to take all questions on notice, correspond with head office and get back to us. We would really just like to talk to someone with some technical knowledge to give us an idea of what we may be in for.
Anyway, we have agreed to proceed with certain provisos and are expecting to see plans in about four weeks (fingers crossed)

We'll keep you all updated as we go along...

By the way - has anyone actually started building yet?

We are building the melody sheike too
Where are you building? We are building in stonecutters ridge. Thinking of starting up a blog once the build starts if you want to follow it hehe

Hi Tonia,
Good to see someone else building the Melody! We're building at Kirrawee. Waiting on plans at the moment as we have the plans walkthrough next Wednesday, then we have colours in early August. Bit worried about spending more at colours
. Having seen the basic ranges at the colours intro meeting we think we'll be happy enough with that

Looking forward to following your blog!
Tonia22, This is creepy but we are like house sole mates! I'm going for exactly the same look and feel!!, modern/industrial!

Questions for you:

Does Mojo do concrete for the bench tops? I thought we were going to get stuck with caesarstone or whatever limited selection they had! Due to this I was going to just end up with a 60mm top, in a marble look. (Check the kitchen page in the Mojo Selection Folder thing for image)

Also those Italian concrete tiles are EXACTLY what I'm after too! I saw some at CTM in wentworthville, in that size and just fell in LOVE!!! Where will you be sourcing yours from btw? CTM can't order them for me as they have them on display but not in their systems, but I'm absolutely in love with the size! Getting those with minimal gaps between them should give me my desired look!

Upstairs, basically in the same boat, oak vs bamboo, biggest problem i see is matching the stairs, I REALLY want those see thru stairs, but we need the extra storage room below the stairs, and I absolutely hate Bullnose with a passion, but it seeming like I might just have to settle for bullnose, because no one seems to do a square edge!

and that idea of the oak timber for the walls is something I love too! just trying to source them at prices that don't break the bank seem to be hard, I plan on doing them after handover too, so luckily have some time for those!

I wanted to get a darkish grey wall colour too, but got veto'd by the family, sticking to white (for now!). External Colours to match the photos of the Sheike from Mojo, happy with the way that the two tone looks!

What is your choice for the colour of the doors and frames etc? I was thinking black matt or similarly dark colours from the mojo range, white skirting (as square and low profile as possible) and square set cornices (maybe ShadowLine depending on cost).

I'm currently going thru the taps and smaller selections with the family, but I've chosen the sink to be this:

I love the square and sharp edges, not sure about a draining board however, but I've seen some covers for the sink at Ikea, that will cover the second sink but act as a draining board!

We are also getting a butlers pantry put in, with just a sink, no gas connection, just to use during parties and the like, without messing up the big kitchen.

The rest is still up in the air for us at the moment, slowly going thru it all with the family before our appointment, lets see how it works out I suppose!

I'll put together a better post with more pictures and ideas when I have a little bit more time, watching countless videos on Youtube, browsing Houzz and Pintreast just leaves me in confusion more than anything, want everything, trying to stick to a budget! So damn hard!
Hi everyone,

We have just decided to go with Mojo Homes thinking as they are part of well known Builder MJH and waiting for our Consolidated Tender. We are building Mamboo with Mojo in Kellyville. Hows the everyone experience with Mojo so far? Has any one already start building with Mojo?

Cheers
Hi Colaz,
We are building the mambo in north sydney too! Nice house choice

Are u requesting many changes in the tender or keeping things as per standard?
Elizabeth

I meant north kellyville not north sydney

colaz
Hi everyone,

We have just decided to go with Mojo Homes thinking as they are part of well known Builder MJH and waiting for our Consolidated Tender. We are building Mamboo with Mojo in Kellyville. Hows the everyone experience with Mojo so far? Has any one already start building with Mojo?

Cheers

Hi,

We are considering building with Mojo too for the same reasons but we are building down the south coast.

Im glad i found this page to follow

Hi nkelly15,

Wish that would be in North Sydney

Well, I did not ask for much alterations except widning the entry door and adding the sliding door for home theatre. They offered mojo.me promotion package. what about yours? have you done many alterations? Any promotion that they offered you? When will your land be ready? Mine one is not until early next year.

Cheers
Hi peternkye,

Welcome to the Mojo Homes Forum.

what is your house design? Any promotion that they offered you? Are you ready to build now or you are waiting like us to land get ready.

Cheers
colaz
Hi peternkye,

Welcome to the Mojo Homes Forum.

what is your house design? Any promotion that they offered you? Are you ready to build now or you are waiting like us to land get ready.

Cheers

I think its the vibe or verve? I want a study/activities room for our kids. We havent made the decision as yet to be honest im a bit hesitant with them being so new, thats why im glad i came accross this
we actually walked straight past their display up at Gregory Hills if my husband didnt just pop his head to ask about other designs we wouldnt have even looked at them. The guy was awesome he took his time with us . We are first time builders eeek

Our land registers July next year so we have plenty of time.

Hi Colaz,
We got mojo me promos etc
We are just making a few tweaks... Extending back out my just a little and changing a window or two. I don't think we can change our door size as we aren't zero lot. Did u have to push the garage out to get a bigger door?

Well first time posting on the forum but after months of looking have decided to KDR with Mojo. Building the Melody 39 in Baulkham Hills.

Gave them the initial go ahead 2 weeks ago and went through our first tender today. We are doing very minimal changes - just extending the garage, adding a few doors and a butlers pantry.

So far they've been great. Very helpful.

Looking forward to hearing from other Mojo clients about their progress and ideas. Will keep posting updates as we progress.
Hi guys

Is there anyone on here who has already started building with Mojo Homes?

I think that there are currently 2 or 3 houses being built and would love to know how they are progressing.
Looking at getting quotes for Oracle 49. Has anyone done this home if so what modifications have you looked at. I am trying to get a void over the living and the sales guy was already giving up. Other modifications are 3rd garage and ensuite in place of study and formal living.
Hi Guys,

Thought i'll share my experience so far with the process of a knock down rebuild with Mojo Homes.
We are building the Nova 33 with a few minor modification. We paid our deposit back in May and have just gone through to drawing, mind you we made about 3 changes and would get back to the building consultant within a day or 2.
We waited 3 weeks for our Consolidated Tender to be send back to us with 3 new points added? I still had to chase up the building consultant to ask if our sewerage, water lineal metre was within the standard cost (if you check the last page of your tender you will see how many lineal metres for your sewerage etc they average your price on).

Anyhow we were advise that the whole process will take 12mths from start (i believe when our deposit was paid) to completion of the building. We are booked in for our preliminary which is not until late Sept and was advised our color will be booked in about 3rd week of Oct, followed by council approval in Nov and knock down might not start until Jan =(
Hi,

I have visited the display home at homeworld and I liked the layout of Nova32.
I am impressed with the inclusions and base price as package and even the initial deposit is onle $3k so it's very good deal in terms of value for money but I am not sure about the quality of finish and speed of build .
Anyone has experience so far at actual construction phase? I am being offered Nova30 with passionately promotion free and also if I pay the Tender deposit this saturday I will get one more bonus promotion free. I am not sure whether I should go with MOJO ?
Ask them to throw in free aircon & then u'll sign

I drove past a Mojo home being built in North Kellyville yesterday... Frames had gone up.

We have our plan presentation in Sept & colours in Oct

Dear All,
I'm new to the Mojo forum. I've gone through all the messages in this forum and can see people have had different experiences with Mojo.

I and my partner have decided to go ahead with Mojo and going to request a quote. Can anyone please clarify if Mojo offers free Actron aircon promotion with other promotions such as Passionality & ILVE promotions? If not, then it means we're probably looking to spend another $12k on top.

Related
26/11/2023
Mojo Homes site costs

General Discussion

Is anyone building with Mojo and have a recent site cost tender

8/01/2024
Mojo Homes, Enigma 46 - Gables NSW

Building A New House

Hi all, We are considering Enigma 46 from Mojo Homes in Gables, NSW. Has anyone built with Mojo and any pointers and feedback. Also, if anyone has built similar design…

2/04/2024
Any feedback on Mojo builds on sloping sites and in Thornton

Building A New House

Hi, We are looking for a builder that can build a small home (smaller length) on a sloping site. We came across Mojo's Zephyr design 10.6 m wide and 11.5 m length. Does…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum