Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Mojo Homes

Page 60 of 62
Start now. You will regret it later. Particularly if you are going to be paying two mortgages.
In terms of timelines, I'm still building at the moment but, within 3 months we have completed

- Slab
- Frame
- Roof
- Hebel
- Rendering

Not sure how that compares to everyone else's timeline.

onggie
In terms of timelines, I'm still building at the moment but, within 3 months we have completed

- Slab
- Frame
- Roof
- Hebel
- Rendering

Not sure how that compares to everyone else's timeline.

4 months for us and we are up to gyprock now. Rough in and Insulation (internal and external facing) finished today.
Thanks guys!
Still waiting for my estimate pricing to come back. Not sure if I should continue to wait or if I should just sign with another company who is falling over themselves to help me.
Mojo bloke has taken 2 weeks so far and I've got 4 others back in that time 🙄🙄
Thanks guys!
Still waiting for my estimate pricing to come back. Not sure if I should continue to wait or if I should just sign with another company who is falling over themselves to help me
FYI anyone looking to build, allow at least 9months for the admin process.

Our build is nearing completion.

So a quick rundown of our experience

We had amazing experience with the sales team. I cant speak highly enough of our sales person.
They were our go to person if we had any issues.

Our CLO was great although we think she was probably overworked as she was probably the best CLO and most experienced. There were a few little things that needed to be addressed but overall, it wasnt a bad experience.

The build went pretty quick. We had perfect timing as we started the last week of November, meaning the slab went down early December, leaving it to cure during the holidays.

Once onsite, we had a few issues due to our changes to plans. I picked up on the mistakes and they were addressed.
I would have thought communication of the build specific changes would be critical, but it seemed like the trades just get in a rhythm of spec home after spec home and the changes get overlooked.

During our build, I raised our concerns with Mojo. I have been told that changes in management recently (probably towards the tail end of HLC33's build) and policy changes have been implemented to address the negative customer experiences voiced on forums. Management do read the forums and are proactive in rectifying the issues.
Due to their improved quality inspections, we now have a house about to handed over that is pretty much defect free.

Backstory:
I work in the industry and in Quality.
I have been a problem customer for Mojo. I advised the Construction manager I would be either a great customer, or their worst. It all depends on them. If they get it right, great customer, but I would let them know when they don't get it right.
So would I build with Mojo again. Probably. But I would be more careful and take more notes. Would Mojo have me as a customer again Well, thats another story.

Overall, if you're like most people and arent in a trade or similar occupation, Mojo do a good job, especially if they can improve their finished quality the first time around, and not have to fix things along the way.
No doubt you will walk into your new home and get that warm and fuzzy feeling and live happily ever after.
I should add. Our tender expired while we waited for the land to register, so we got a price rise.

Now, I've heard people kick up a stink when Mojo then hit them with a price rise after the tender expired.
I've heard some of these people had their tender expire due to admin issues.

For us, it was waiting for the land to be registered. As much as it sucked, and blew the budget, we had to think. How much would the land have gone up in price had we waited? Would we have had the same inclusions? What packages would have been on offer?

Overall, it was a small price to pay for the end game result.
Hello Everyone,

We are going to sign the tender with Mojo this week and wanted to get everyone's opinion before going ahead. We have decided to go with Lido 29 as ours is a narrow lot in Elara Marsden Park. Can i get feedback re finishing and the time it takes from slab to handover. Have heard that Mojo's finishing is not up to the standard and there have been cases where there were major defects identified after handover.

Also we are going ahead with Hebel. is Hebel a strong material? How does it compare with bricks?

Any major setbacks faced during the build with mojo?

Will appreciate everyone's comments as this is our first home and we are not sure what all we should be looking at. i have heard and read a lot of horror stories.

Appreciate your time and thanks in advance.
Scroll back a few pages. Plenty of mixed reviews.

My experience was extremely positive. 8 months from Slab to handover on a similar sized 2 storey house.

Only minor issues on the defect list, and through the build.

Defect resolution has really only been my sore point. It's SLOW.

Hebel is OK. You can't really anchor anything to it, so it's a bit of a nuisance in that respect. But it's fast and looks good.
HLC333
Scroll back a few pages. Plenty of mixed reviews.

My experience was extremely positive. 8 months from Slab to handover on a similar sized 2 storey house.

Only minor issues on the defect list, and through the build.

Defect resolution has really only been my sore point. It's SLOW.

Hebel is OK. You can't really anchor anything to it, so it's a bit of a nuisance in that respect. But it's fast and looks good.

Thanks for your reply.
colaz
Hi everyone,

We have just decided to go with Mojo Homes thinking as they are part of well known Builder MJH and waiting for our Consolidated Tender. We are building Mamboo with Mojo in Kellyville. Hows the everyone experience with Mojo so far? Has any one already start building with Mojo?

Cheers

Hello,

I have just found out this forum. I know it's been awhile now since this topic was opened (4yrs). Most of you have already settled into your new house. I am currently building a Mambo 22 with Mojo Homes in Box Hill. The land was just settled in Feb 2019 and is still waiting for CDC prior to commencement of construction. I am asking if anyone who have built a similar Mambo 22 to pls (if not too much to ask) send me pictures of your built homes (internal/external) so I can have ideas how our dream house will look like when it's built. I have not yet seen any built Mambo 22 anywhere only on the design/plans. I will appreciate any help. Thank you very much.
nkelly15
Hi CharlieMojo,
We are building the mambo, which is similar to the Bolero.
What sort of changes did you make to the plan? And what upgrades did you go with at Colours?
We haven't received our consolidated tender yet, but I want to make sure we haven't missed anything we want.
We are also having a hard time trying to figure out what colour external render we want! We thought we might like a dark colour, but don't want to have to pay for 3 external coats.
Great to hear things are progressing well for you!

Hi nkelly15,

How's your Mambo house so far? I am currently building a similar Mambo 22 house in Box Hill, still in the CDC stage prior to construction. Do you mind showing me some pictures (external/internal) of your house as I want to see a built Mambo house? Which suburb did you build your Mambo? TIA!
Ibmg70
nkelly15
Hi CharlieMojo,
We are building the mambo, which is similar to the Bolero.
What sort of changes did you make to the plan? And what upgrades did you go with at Colours?
We haven't received our consolidated tender yet, but I want to make sure we haven't missed anything we want.
We are also having a hard time trying to figure out what colour external render we want! We thought we might like a dark colour, but don't want to have to pay for 3 external coats.
Great to hear things are progressing well for you!

Hi nkelly15,

How's your Mambo house so far? I am currently building a similar Mambo 22 house in Box Hill, still in the CDC stage prior h construction. Do you mind showing me some pictures (external/internal) of your house as I want to see a built Mambo house? Which suburb did you build your Mambo? TIA!
For those who have chosen the Coastal facade, are the corner edges of your balcony balustrade straight? My edges don't appear to be?

Hi All,
I have a frustrating situation.

We are looking to build with Mojo, and we would like them to hand over the house without handles to the drawers in the kitchen/pantry etc. However we been given the "we cannot do this due to company policy” line and as such have come to a standstill....over drawer handles !!!

The background being is Mojo/MJH do not supply "flush lip pull" handles (e.g. https://bit.ly/2GFTHgt) and we do not wish to use traditional handles that screw into the front of the drawers and can't afford to spend nearly $4k on "Sharknose" profile drawers.

Has anyone here built with Mojo and had them hand over their house without handles (not push to open etc either) ?
Or....is there any "legal" reason (e.g occupancy cert) that Mojo won't flex on this or are they just being difficult?

I find it hard to believe that something simple like drawer handles should be such a problem leaving off given it will cost Mojo nothing, infact will save them money to follow this request.

Cheers, Pok
pokolbinguy
Hi All,

We are looking to build with Mojo, and we would like them to hand over the house without handles to the drawers in the kitchen/pantry etc. However we been given the "we cannot do this due to company policy” line and as such have come to a standstill....over drawer handles !!!

The background being is Mojo/MJH do not supply "flush lip pull" handles (e.g. https://bit.ly/2GFTHgt) and we do not wish to use traditional handles that screw into the front of the drawers and can't afford to spend nearly $4k on "Sharknose" profile drawers.

Has anyone here built with Mojo and had them hand over their house without handles (not push to open etc either) ?
Or....is there any "legal" reason (e.g occupancy cert) that Mojo won't flex on this or are they just being difficult?

I find it hard to believe that something simple like drawer handles should be such a problem leaving off given it will cost Mojo nothing, infact will save them money to follow this request.

Cheers, Pok

Just get them to fit the door poppers/push openers instead.
HLC333
pokolbinguy
Hi All,

Cheers, Pok

Just get them to fit the door poppers/push openers instead.

Have to pay for "push to open" on drawers. $110 per drawer. There is something like 17 drawers....adds up quickly !
Be careful with "push to open" drawers on the ground cabinets, especially near the working areas. They will be frustratingly opening up every time you lean by the cabinets and it will take some time to get used to them.

They are quote good for the upper cabinets though.
alexp79
Be careful with "push to open" drawers on the ground cabinets, especially near the working areas. They will be frustratingly opening up every time you lean by the cabinets

Yep, thats one reason why we don't want them.
Related
26/11/2023
Mojo Homes site costs

General Discussion

Is anyone building with Mojo and have a recent site cost tender

8/01/2024
Mojo Homes, Enigma 46 - Gables NSW

Building A New House

Hi all, We are considering Enigma 46 from Mojo Homes in Gables, NSW. Has anyone built with Mojo and any pointers and feedback. Also, if anyone has built similar design…

2/04/2024
Any feedback on Mojo builds on sloping sites and in Thornton

Building A New House

Hi, We are looking for a builder that can build a small home (smaller length) on a sloping site. We came across Mojo's Zephyr design 10.6 m wide and 11.5 m length. Does…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum