Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Stoneleigh Dale Alcock Baldivis

Page 2 of 40
Also if anyone has any other ideas for the front render feature please let me know
We chose the travertine tile, there was also a beautiful travertine cladding at the European ceramics store. Feeling overwhelmed with too many options!
Depends what appliances you are talking about eg deep fryer definitely not lol other thing to consider is we put an exhaust fan in the scullery/pantry area if you are thinking of putting appliances in the pantry eg kettle, toaster an exhaust fan would be beneficially just don't get a c$ap one like we did lol we thought a small one would be less obvious in a small area

butterbing
Depends what appliances you are talking about eg deep fryer definitely not lol other thing to consider is we put an exhaust fan in the scullery/pantry area if you are thinking of putting appliances in the pantry eg kettle, toaster an exhaust fan would be beneficially just don't get a c$ap one like we did lol we thought a small one would be less obvious in a small area

Thank you I wouldn't have thought to put an exhaust fan in there so that has defiantly been jotted down on my list. Thanks heaps for your help, you have been extremely helpful
You have given us loads of great tips and lots to have a think about and some ideas to put to our prestart consultant
tanyaw
Love all your colour selections jelbell55.

Looking forward to following your build.

Thank you tanyaw!
Hi everyone,

So our intelligent homes consult and prestart is just a week away and we are both excited that our construction phase is getting closer and closer....

In the mean time I have been madly getting quotes to so we can make quick decisions at prestart for what we will get included through the builder and what we are best off getting done afterwards....

We had an in store consultation with Beacon Lighting and they were fab at helping us out with our lighting plan.

Total downlights required: 52 (mix of dimmable and non; 9 external (alfresco and porch) and the remainder internal)

Starlights total: 16 (7 in bulkhead to living room, 3 in bulkhead to study, 3 over vanities in master bathroom, 3 in bathroom 2 over vanities)

2x cabinet feature lights to underneath of overhead cupboads in kitchen

3 feature lights over kitchen bench

2 external alfresco fans

1 flood light to future pool area

5 bunker lights to external

5 pillar lights to front render and tile feature of home.

We received our final drawings and there are still some bits and pieces that need rectifying before prestart

Hopefully all will be rectified before then:

We requested the front window to master to be a big 3 panel as close to display one rather than 2 separates,

For some reason the games room slider was reversed when we did not request it to be (we only requested the dining to be reversed)

Apparently we can re configure the master ensuite at prestart (vanities at external wall, double shower on wall backing onto dressing room)

At prestart we are hoping to:

Add a bin drawer to kitchen

See if we can do something in kitchen pantry so we can put appliances in there (larder idea?)

extend stone bench to alfresco and underneath cupboards (leaving space for our glass door bar fridge underneath!)
put same tiling as bathrooms as splashback here above bench top. this will also have bracket and connections for wall mounted tv for hubby and mates to watch sport while lazing on deck area

provide overhead cupboards to laundry

possibly get quote for a custom walk in robe to dressing room (any recommendations for after handover?)

provide frosted brentwood to kitchen pantry in lieu of standard door.

upgrade remainder standard internal doors

see what it costs to upgrade cornices

upgrade entrance door handle and kitchen sink tap

extend bench and cupboards in bath 2, and mirror right across over bath area to external wall and provide extra splashback tiling.

Intelligent homes:

alfresco speakers,

tv to be mounted to theatre, master, alfresco, and games room
The plan is looking great! I love what you have done with the master space and your idea of swapping the shower sounds perfect! Good luck for prestart, it was such a fun day for us! Just remember to get everything priced, even 2nd and 3rd choices as you never know what the up charge will be! Surprisingly most of there selection weren't too unreasonably marked up. It's when you ask for things that aren't in the showroom that you can get a shock!
How exciting. I'm looking forward to getting to Prestart. I'd be interested in your costings when you get them. Have fun
Wow huge house and great lay out, look forward to following
Looking forward to watching your build unfold. We loved the Stoneleigh but it just didn't suit our block. Your colour selections look great.

We had a similar experience with our plans and found that we were still amending aspects of our design at pre-start albeit having requested them numerous times previously. They were mostly internal changes, but also some window sizes and the like. I like the changes you're suggesting to the ensuite.

Like Kelsey, we got lots of options costed at Prestart and Intelligent Homes and then picked and chose what we'd get the builder to do and what we'd do after. In general, besides for making provisions for future work (i.e. Conduits for speaker, lights, wall hung tv's etc), and upgrading inclusions (i.e. doors, taps etc.), we're doing a lot of work ourselves after (i.e. flooring, driveway, alresco paving etc). In our mind, the price difference didn't match the inconvenience of organising these things ourselves.

Good luck next week!
Kelsey78
The plan is looking great! I love what you have done with the master space and your idea of swapping the shower sounds perfect! Good luck for prestart, it was such a fun day for us! Just remember to get everything priced, even 2nd and 3rd choices as you never know what the up charge will be! Surprisingly most of there selection weren't too unreasonably marked up. It's when you ask for things that aren't in the showroom that you can get a shock!

Thanks Kelsey! That is a really good reminder thank you I think we will be getting everything quoted, like you said you never know! And just discovered your building thread too, wow your home is looking great!
D_rail
Looking forward to watching your build unfold. We loved the Stoneleigh but it just didn't suit our block. Your colour selections look great.

We had a similar experience with our plans and found that we were still amending aspects of our design at pre-start albeit having requested them numerous times previously. They were mostly internal changes, but also some window sizes and the like. I like the changes you're suggesting to the ensuite.

Like Kelsey, we got lots of options costed at Prestart and Intelligent Homes and then picked and chose what we'd get the builder to do and what we'd do after. In general, besides for making provisions for future work (i.e. Conduits for speaker, lights, wall hung tv's etc), and upgrading inclusions (i.e. doors, taps etc.), we're doing a lot of work ourselves after (i.e. flooring, driveway, alresco paving etc). In our mind, the price difference didn't match the inconvenience of organising these things ourselves.

Good luck next week!

Thank you very much! I think what you and Kelsey have said about getting everything quoted and going with what is easier for the builder to do rather than later is a really good idea. We have decided to do all flooring afterwards, exposed aggregate, painting as really like you say they really aren't too much of an inconvenience like the other things afterwards
My partner and I are SOOO excited we put down a deposit for our flooring today!! There is a shortage of supply of this product in Oz so we thought we better secure it right away!!

Big River Spotted gum engineered timber floors (raw) 138x14mm including Tasi Oak splaybeading and Bona Satin floorseal

We require about 125sqm of it as we are doing the entire entrance, master and dressing, study, kitchen & pantry, living and dining, games room, WIL, and back hallway. Carpet will be to bed 2,3,4 and theatre.
Are those photos from the Wisteria display? Love the colours in that house and we've copied the under island cupboards along with the recessed cupboard in the living area. We'd love to go with flooring like that but are resigned to choosing a laminate. Hopefully something similar in colour! Looks great!
D_rail
Are those photos from the Wisteria display? Love the colours in that house and we've copied the under island cupboards along with the recessed cupboard in the living area. We'd love to go with flooring like that but are resigned to choosing a laminate. Hopefully something similar in colour! Looks great!

I got the photos off the website through the flooring company but I am guessing it is one of their display homes.

I was surprised that when we went for our colour consult that this flooring was not an option in their showroom when their displays are done in this.... their flooring options in the showroom are a prefinished engineered timber (not a raw engineered timber) which is the flooring used in the displays. Glad we picked up on this and probably prefer doing it after handover anyway.

The cupboards and in the island will look fantastic.. they are such a lovely feature. There are so many laminates to chose from these days, I know you can get samples of this particular type of flooring so it may be worth looking into to help match up the laminate as close as possible
Your floors will be absolutely stunning. Love the Big River Spotted gum!
Loving all your plans for Prestart too! Hubby really wanted tv outside but couldn't find enough wall space on our alfresco as we extended the bifold window size.
House is going to be great!
I Love Big River Spotted Gum so much!! It was my preference but the OH one this one, we have gone with Big River Blackbutt, I haven't seen the Big River Blackbutt except for the sample at BJ's timbers. I'm hoping I will love it as much as Spotted Gum.
Your comment about Dale Alcock not doing Big River scared me a little. I was sure when we were at pre start we had Big River as an option. Had to go back and check the addenda, luckily we do have Big River... phew!!
DAH must have changed their supplier. We noticed when going into the showroom recently they don't use Caroma anymore, its amazing how much can change in 8 months!
Kelsey78
Your comment about Dale Alcock not doing Big River scared me a little. I was sure when we were at pre start we had Big River as an option. Had to go back and check the addenda, luckily we do have Big River... phew!!
DAH must have changed their supplier. We noticed when going into the showroom recently they don't use Caroma anymore, its amazing how much can change in 8 months!

Hi Kelsey, I think what jelbel meant was the Big River available at prestart is a pre-finished timber whilst what they don't tell you is the Big River in their displays is a raw product which gets finished (ie: satin or gloss applied on site) - I also found this out after some research.
+Tbrown2012
Kelsey78

Hi Kelsey, I think what jelbel meant was the Big River available at prestart is a pre-finished timber whilst what they don't tell you is the Big River in their displays is a raw product which gets finished (ie: satin or gloss applied on site) - I also found this out after some research.

Ohhhh! That makes me nervous then. We asked at prestart and where assured it was the same as what was in the display homes! Only time will tell I guess.
Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum