Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

We have a slab (NOT slab of beer)

Page 1 of 1
At least the framework for said slab.

Nothing else to report.....after all, it's only exciting to us LOL

Oh - and perhaps to Rellie, who gets to see what's happening to our house before we do!

Fiona
Yay, isn't it great to have some action
Not long now for the slab party

I got excited just seeing the bin and portaloo arrive at my place
Congrat's - it is exciting isn't it. We're about a week behind you.
We got too excited when we saw some action on the block late May. It was almost time for the slab.... until rains started pouring down. Nothing much has happened since then. Will have to give the site supervisor a call tomorrow to see what is happening! driving past the block in anticipation of some action is driving me crazy
Hi Fiona, we must be at the same stage as you - our builder called today to say the concreter was onsite!

Look forward to following your progress!
Just drove past our block - lots of plumbing but no people on site and all this wonderful weather they are wasting!
Woo hoo! Very exciting, isn't it?! I think we are up to the exact same stage - does yours look like blocks of chocolate??!! (see my blog if you can't make sense of that!!!!). I have no idea of the process, so don't know what happens next. Do you have any idea when it actually turns into a proper slab??!

Donuts, I'm very jealous that you actually get phone calls telling you what's going on?!!! We just have to keep driving past and hoping to see stuff going on!

xMadmel
http://marshallmansion.blogspot.com/
Well it wasn't just to tell me that actually ... he needed an answer to a question and just mentioned it in passing! He's not that good ... I'd probably be a bit worried if he had enough time on his hands to ring me to tell me that

So Fiona, Mel, Brittany, Rav, we are all at the same stage it seems! Exciting
Hi Fiona,

Congratulations
I am extremely happy and excited for you! I hope in about 12 days I'll be saying the same thing! Who are you building through?

Toni
Wow Fiona... it's great to hear that you'll soon have a slab!

Looking forward for photos

We share with your excitement.. we've been there before..
now, there's another group of people building their houses..
very exciting!
Personnes, bonsoir!

Thanks so much for the responses!!

Toni - I'll pm you about which builder we're using.

Fiona
any sign of the concrete trucks?

hope the pour goes well

Anne
Related
22/04/2024
Door not closing properly but I have a fixed hinge

Windows & Doors

My door tends to rub against the frame during winter and I'm looking to fix it so it closes smoothly. Looking online on Youtube I'm seeing methods to fix the alignment and…

12/11/2023
3m ceilings - how high would you have your kitchen cabinets?

Kitchen Corner

Thanks mate. Yeah good points! Leaning towards Option 3 to get a bit extra space in the cabinets but not going too crazy high (and expensive). Would require a mini…

14/03/2024
Contract Works Insurance - Why your builder should have it

Building A New House

Hi All, I just wanted to close this topic out with an update. So we ended up agreeing to a number with the insurance company, and after an extensive amount of hand…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum