Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

What is "Weather Access?"

Page 1 of 1
Just reading my building contract before I sign and one thing I am not sure about which it says in one of the clauses:

The owner must provide at the owners cost, provide the builder with all weather access to the building site for any vehicle or machinery required for delivery of materials and for continued construction of the building works. The owner acknowledges that the cost of all weather access is not included in the contract price

What is weather access ? Is this normal for the owner to pay this ?
The term is 'All Weather Access' which basically means provide a hard surface from the nearest road to the point where the house is being built. It doesn't really apply for a typical subdivision but is relevant for a house on acreage or a battleaxe block.

For more info see the following link http://www.anewhouse.com.au/2013/01/contract-docum…vehicle-access/
Related
29/06/2023
Location manhole access

Rental Property

do you have a flat metal roof

20/07/2023
Building Site Access - Victoria - New Build

General Discussion

For reference, this is the Austlii reference. My take on this is, that they would be breaking the law denying access to a homeowner in Victoria, or their agent from having…

3/12/2023
Neighbours rights to house access during reno

General Discussion

The only thing to add to these comments is that where possible it's always good to try and work with people than just say "no" because you can. Having someone…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum