Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Floorboards

Page 1 of 1
How much did it cost you to put floorboards in ur new house!?
We are looking at about $4500 from memory for bamboo in our bottom floor, all rooms but the theatre room, think it's 80sqm? That's just the product we are installing it ourselves
We took up the timber look & carpet flooring package with Metricon for $3900. We then upgraded and I think the 1-strip 14.5mm Spotted Gum timber flooring cost just under $8k for roughly 100m2. We also paid $2k to have the privilege of having no scotia beading around the house! Total ripoff but I hate the beading so no choice.

Archetto - we are also looking at installing ourselves. Have you had any difficulty?
Our house is no where near done yet but my partner is doing it and has done a few timber floors before and is a carpenter by trade, I think the only spot we may not do ourselves (if we decide to timber it) is the staircase. He is also doing our decking.

Saves a lot of money!
Related
4/12/2023
Miners Cottage floorboards

Flooring & Floor Covering

Hi All New to the forum and looking for some advice, has anyone else renovated an old miners cottage in or around Ballarat and been able to identify the flooring? We…

24/04/2024
Ensure rubber gym floor is flush to floorboards in hallway?

Flooring & Floor Covering

Hi there, looking to have a gym in a new build. Planning to install some sort of rubber mat flooring (on concrete) i.e. Asking the builder to not do floorboards in the gym…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum