Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Byford Central-M3 Residential - PCI Defect Remediation

Page 3 of 8
Hi all,

Not much of an update but I received an email from M3 about 3 days ago stating that they are now just waiting for the approval of plans and building permit to come through from the shire and that most of the issues were due to the shire not having the correct DAP - which I agree with but am holding my breath until the actual approve comes through.

I did end up calling both the Nedlands council (overflow work) and the shire of jarrahdale myself, as M3 kept saying they could not get through or any traction - I got through first time both times and to the right people. They seemed very keen to help, and low and behold I get that email from M3 the day after.....

Not saying that M3 didn't have trouble, I know what councils are like, but was a bit strange that I could get contact and traction very easily.

Here's to waiting.........
Hi Excited_Much

We had the same with our permit - we were told that it was with council and sat with them for 2.5 months... I work for a council and when it is independently assessed (as M3 did with us) it is a MAX 10days with council. There were NO discrepancies with the paperwork at all - they just had not lodged it for two months as we received the paperwork in the mail when it was completed and it has the lodgement date and sign-off date on there.

Once it starts check every new bit of work with your plan in hand - thats what let us down was a non-existent SS so many mistakes were missed and sloppy work was seen as acceptable. The earlier the mistakes are picked up the easier it is for them to fix it and have it all in writing. If you call, follow up with an email stating you are just confirming what you had just discussed over the phone and keep every email.

Keep me updated!
Hi All,

Here's an update - Building permit and plans were approved by the Shire on the 4th June. I got an email from the builder on the 5th saying that the pad would be going down in the next few weeks!!!!! Thank God, lets hope the weather holds out.

Also got a invoice for the first progress payment within hours of finding out the permit etc had been approved - Talk about quick to act when it comes to the builder wanting money!! No surprise there though.

So here's to hoping no more major hold up's.

Have organised an inspector to audit the pad once its down
congratulation Excited_much, please let us know which independent inspector you go for. thanks.
Visited the block today and we have site works!!!

Hi Guys,

The image hosting site I was using is no longer, so I am having to upload all the pics again, but for the life of me cant remember the exact ones, so sorry if something is missing
Thought I would share some newish photos

Water Metre installed

NBN Pit Fibred
More site work done - trenches dug for footings and rio has arrived.

Would have thought at least the concrete footings and plumbing would have been done, but I guess it's better than nothing. Fingers crossed the weather holds enough for the slab.

Two blocks next to mine (that were only purchased a few months ago) have their slabs down already (have been for a few weeks)

Excited_much
Update on the block - Settlement due TODAY!

Rear retaining wall - Cracks noticed and reported to developer, they are having their civil contractor repair it and undertake a full structural report, and if it is structurally unsound they will fix it.

Hi Excited_much
Unfortunately to be honest I am not surprised with some of the details and workmanship Ive seen out your way
on retaining walls.
I suggest you contact the developers or the Council and get a copy of the engineering details, then have them checked by the engineer.
The developers should have a long term warranty on your retaining walls.Unfortunately theses walls continually crack
You will need to check the rebar details.
BTW. I suggest you take a lot of detailed photos preconcrete slab pour, for future reference, should you need them.
Hey BIMGuy, I have spoken to the developer ages ago and they had it all checked etc, never less I will continue to check while site works are happening!

Also - PAD WAS POURED YESTERDAY!!!!!!

WWWWWOOOOOOOOHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Excited_much
Dr House
Looking good! I think the only suggestion I have (if it is not too late) is probably to change the direction of your master bedroom door so it is not facing the dining room and living room. Having a door there means people (guests) can look directly into your bedroom unless you have the door closed. Even with the door closed it is still kind of weird to have it there.

Hi

Im not sure where I would move it to? I dont want to put it in the WIR.

And TBH my bedroom is that neat that I wouldn't care who saw in haha

Sorry for the late late reply, been away for a while. If its not too late :
My suggestion is to shift your WIR to the right to occupy the door space, while the door switch around to be open on the left side of the WIR. That way your public space (dinning and living) won't directly look into your private space.
Yeh to late
Photos of the pad

Visiting site today, hopefully pad has been loaded up with bricks

hi excited_much

your slab looks good.

mine was poured around last week as well by m3.
had an independent inspector inspected the slab.
was told by the inspector that my slab poured is of high quality work.
so i'm pretty sure yours is too.

keep us updated of your progress. enjoy your weekend.
i like the style of the wall behind your block. The top strip is a nice change from just finishing off with blocks.
woofiekz
hi excited_much

your slab looks good.

so i'm pretty sure yours is too.

I thought the same, looks like a great slab
Thanks guys, we have had someone look at it and tell us the same - high quality.
so great news for all of us!!

Where are you building woofiekz? Do you have a thread on here ?

Update from today - not much changed but waste water plumbing installed.

Water mains tap has been bent/broken off. Some has left a block of retaining wall on our slab. NBN pit was completely covered over with sand. Power dome has been uprighted.

Only bad news is that my neighbor is almost at plate height!!!! They only had their bricks sitting on slab last Sunday!!

Hi, Excited_much, congratulation, nice slab !!
Related
15/01/2024
Is this a defect in my window frame?

Windows & Doors

Its the flashing and is normal. Some builders cover them up others just leave them handing. You can cover it up with an aluminium bracket or ask the builder.

11/07/2023
Building inspection after 90 Day Defect period

Building A New House

you need to understand the breakdown of warranties. 90 warranty is considered as minor defects rectification period where as the longer ones are more major/structural…

31/01/2024
Building defect - sill flashing under window on concrete sla

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

There doesn't look to be any rebate in the slab to prevent water from scooting under the window. AS4654 is the Australian standard to look at/refer to. They have…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum