Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building At Macarthur Heights (UWS Campbelltown)

Page 13 of 15
Hi Coref1

I know exactly how you feel. I was saying to my husband the other day how I am so over it and will never build again. After sacking our first two builders I was ready to sell the block but after all the effort we have put in to get this house right, I want to see the damn thing built! Hang in there and whilst your DA is in Council use the time to make sure you have all your selections and upgrades finalised so your builder has no excuses to delay getting a construction certificate and getting in site soon after your DA is approved. I was hoping to move in by Xmas - 3 years since we put a deposit on our block but that isn’t looking likely.
Mish018
Hi Coref1

I know exactly how you feel. I was saying to my husband the other day how I am so over it and will never build again. After sacking our first two builders I was ready to sell the block but after all the effort we have put in to get this house right, I want to see the damn thing built! Hang in there and whilst your DA is in Council use the time to make sure you have all your selections and upgrades finalised so your builder has no excuses to delay getting a construction certificate and getting in site soon after your DA is approved. I was hoping to move in by Xmas - 3 years since we put a deposit on our block but that isn’t looking likely.

Thanks Mish018,

Head down and don’t take a backward step.lol
We’ll get there.
Hi all, for those interested I spoke to the person responsible at Council a week or so ago about the extension to University drive that runs to Brian Smith Drive. and was advised it is treated like a subdivision and Council was advised by Landcom to focus on processing stage 4 etc so people can build their houses. For that reason they are only starting to process the road subdidivision now so could be a while before it's opened.
Also for those who have to lodge a da with Council rather then private certifier don't bother wasting time and money on a bushfire report as in my experience Council will ignore the report and give a bal of 29 anyway.
Hi guys i recently found out we have a sewer manhole at the rear corner of our block. How will this affect our build? Do we need a larger setback for this? What kind of extra costs should we look for with this in our block? TIA
Also anyone built with ansa kaplan or casaview just need any feedback from these builders thanks
Juls
Hi guys i recently found out we have a sewer manhole at the rear corner of our block. How will this affect our build? Do we need a larger setback for this? What kind of extra costs should we look for with this in our block? TIA

The water/sewage plan from Sydney Water should give you a better idea of where the sewage line runs thru your property. The manhole by itself will pose lesser challenges than the actual sewer line.
We are a corner block in stage 2 release 7 and have had to consider this. We have an easement to drain water 1.5m wide at the rear of the block, a sewer line along the secondary road boundary and a sewer manhole at the front. You will have a minimum setback of 3m at the rear of your block so this should be ok (we are doing this). Due to the size of our house we will need to encase the sewer line where we are building too close (around 9m of encasement in concrete). This is not cheap but much better than the alternative if something goes wrong.
IamSAM
Juls

The water/sewage plan from Sydney Water should give you a better idea of where the sewage line runs thru your property. The manhole by itself will pose lesser challenges than the actual sewer line.

Thank you for your reply. Based on the plan it is on the rear end of our block around 1.5m. Does this mean i wont be able to build even a garden on that 1.5m allotment? The manhole is big around 1.5m in size as well. Its an eyesore for me but I think you cant put anything on it?
Stargazers
We are a corner block in stage 2 release 7 and have had to consider this. We have an easement to drain water 1.5m wide at the rear of the block, a sewer line along the secondary road boundary and a sewer manhole at the front. You will have a minimum setback of 3m at the rear of your block so this should be ok (we are doing this). Due to the size of our house we will need to encase the sewer line where we are building too close (around 9m of encasement in concrete). This is not cheap but much better than the alternative if something goes wrong.

Oh thats an additional cost for you. How did you landscaped that manhole?
Juls
IamSAM
Juls

Thank you for your reply. Based on the plan it is on the rear end of our block around 1.5m. Does this mean i wont be able to build even a garden on that 1.5m allotment? The manhole is big around 1.5m in size as well. Its an eyesore for me but I think you cant put anything on it?

I expect that you cannot plant large tress near the manhole or along the sewer line. Building anything (retaining wall, fence, steps, permanent decking) on top of these will also be prohibited. A large pot will easily hide the manhole.
A little bit off topic, but did anyone have a break-in in their house over the weekend?

As I was getting into my car to leave, these 2 blokes were getting into their car that was parked outside my house. They looked at me but didn't say anything, then drove off. A minute later I left my house and when I turned left near the park, I saw them parked on the other side of the road and I drove past them not thinking too much, but my missus said they looked *******.

Literally about 3 minutes later, my video doorbell rings and I answer it film my smartphone and it's the same guy! Couldn't understand what he was saying and then he got frustrated and just left. But I'm thinking they were waiting for us to leave, then they could come back to the house and break-in...

Why wouldn't he talk to me when he saw me exit my house only 3 minutes before?

If anything happened to anyone's house, I have video recording of his face. They are also driving an old red Ford Laser, and dressed in tradie type clothing. But their car definitely wasn't your typical tradie ute or truck, plus it was a Sunday so nobody really works on a Sunday.

Is anyone building in or near MCGUANNE St. Have just received our CDC approval, almost ready to start bulding
rayDC2R
A little bit off topic, but did anyone have a break-in in their house over the weekend?

As I was getting into my car to leave, these 2 blokes were getting into their car that was parked outside my house. They looked at me but didn't say anything, then drove off. A minute later I left my house and when I turned left near the park, I saw them parked on the other side of the road and I drove past them not thinking too much, but my missus said they looked *******.

Literally about 3 minutes later, my video doorbell rings and I answer it film my smartphone and it's the same guy! Couldn't understand what he was saying and then he got frustrated and just left. But I'm thinking they were waiting for us to leave, then they could come back to the house and break-in...

If anything happened to anyone's house, I have video recording of his face. They are also driving an old red Ford Laser, and dressed in tradie type clothing. But their car definitely wasn't your typical tradie ute or truck, plus it was a Sunday so nobody really works on a Sunday.

Hi ,
Which street was it ?
My friend had a theft in his nearly done house 2 weeks ago in Westview street , kitchen appliances and many more gone .
HI guys anyone planning to rent their house in MacAathurr heights in early January? we are looking for a 4bedroom house in M Heights but not much property on the market for rental. The only few houses on the real estate market, they want tenant asap. Do you think for rental houses will come up after Xmas?
ABanks
Is anyone building in or near MCGUANNE St. Have just received our CDC approval, almost ready to start bulding

Yes, we are building in mcguanne st as well.
rgs
ABanks

What stage are you up too?
SATHYA
rayDC2R

Hi ,
Which street was it ?
My friend had a theft in his nearly done house 2 weeks ago in Westview street , kitchen appliances and many more gone .
Mahoney Drive, although I'd assume they were driving around everywhere to look for potential houses...

Banksy_2212
rgs
ABanks

What stage are you up too?

We are in inital stage, got cdc approved and now site is locked out by builder for construction. How abu you?
Started living in from dec , building gone well , completed in 4 months .
faykis
HI guys anyone planning to rent their house in MacAathurr heights in early January? we are looking for a 4bedroom house in M Heights but not much property on the market for rental. The only few houses on the real estate market, they want tenant asap. Do you think for rental houses will come up after Xmas?

Have a 2 bed granny flat to rent
Related
26/10/2023
Queensland ceiling heights - help!

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

We bought a house in 2015 advertised as a 7/2/2, 4br up, 3br down (7br), and to date, it’s a great house. However, we’ve just had it valued and it’s come in as a…

9/05/2023
what to add for energy efficiency building volume home

Eco Living

go upvc window frames ensure insulation under colorbond. not just sarking, lighter color roof also not sure if you have seen this viewtopic.php?t=5823 last couple of pages…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum