Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building At Macarthur Heights (UWS Campbelltown)

Page 9 of 15
I would think a pretty big one on a block that size. There's already a few houses with granny flats at Mac Heights on considerably smaller blocks then that.Two for sale at present, one in Australis street and on in Lunar Place.
Anyone know when they're going to open up the new road from the uni that comes off Narellan Road?

Been wondering the same. Looks like it's ready to go to me.
Hopefully they will open it up soon. Just lodged our DA with Council. Anyone had experience with Campbelltown Council? Wondering how long their DAs take to approve.
Mish018
Hopefully they will open it up soon. Just lodged our DA with Council. Anyone had experience with Campbelltown Council? Wondering how long their DAs take to approve.

I'll be lodging a DA once my land registers in stage 4. I take it your unable to use the private certifiers as well?
Can anyone recommend a budget builder for our sloping block? Our site costs have blown out by 70k from the estimate to the paid tender. That can’t be right. We need a builder who knows the area but is at the lower end of the market. What ball park figure shall I be looking at for single story 4 bed with single garage and granny flat on 2-3m slope (no upgrades and basics finishes).
Unfortunately site costs on sloping sires will be significant. We have a relatively flat block at Macarthut Heights and our site costs are around an extra 2OK so about 60K all up. Unfortunately most builders site costs will be roughly the same and it’s not something you really want to skimp on.
Amarshdoll
Can anyone recommend a budget builder for our sloping block? Our site costs have blown out by 70k from the estimate to the paid tender. That can’t be right. We need a builder who knows the area but is at the lower end of the market. What ball park figure shall I be looking at for single story 4 bed with single garage and granny flat on 2-3m slope (no upgrades and basics finishes).

The problem with Mac Heights, most of the blocks there have at least some slope. Then there's issues like when the water board builds the sewer line inside your block boundary and your forced to pay thousands of $ to encase the sewer line. This is land which suposedly designed for people to build houses on. Sorry to be negative but sometimes the frustration cannot be contained..
Amarshdoll

http://nuerahomes.com.au/about.html
miss peach
Hi thx for the info. Lucky you. The proposed BAL rating for stage 3 opposite bush corridor is 29 (document was made in 2014...i think), hopefully they clear more trees by the time the land is registered and assessed.

Hi Miss Peach,

We are opposite the bush corridor in Stage 3. Any idea where I an get the document you are referring to? Would be much appreciateed
Is anyone looking to get rid of dirt. We need some clean fill

Correct. Not sure why weren’t able to use a private certifier though. Wasn’t really explained by our builder.
"Correct. Not sure why weren’t able to use a private certifier though. Wasn’t really explained by our builder."

The way it's been explained to me is to use private certifiers the build has to meet specific criteria. Basically it has to be a straitforward build. Not just the house but the land as well. Some builders apparantly always use the Council because their houses are more complicated designs. For me it is because of the shape of my blockand how they have to position the house to fit.
Our block is pretty standard with a double storey home which isn’t really anything out of the ordinary. We have plenty of backyard and side access. Perhaps it was the size of the home?
CDC has a list of criteria you must meet. If you fail anyone of these you will be forced to get DA approval via your local council.

Off the top of my head:

3rd garage
E4 zoning
MInimum 450sq lot

Floor space ratios (FSR) also come into play
We have 532 sqm block and 340 sq home so that’s probably why I guess. Just so frustrating how slow Council is.
"We have 532 sqm block and 340 sq home so that’s probably why I guess. Just so frustrating how slow Council is."

340sq, that really is a Castle.
Ha Ha - when we initially chose the design we thought to was huge. But every time we go back to the display home it seems smaller
I'm sure it will be worth the wait. Who's your builder?.
Wisdom Homes. Who are you building with?
Related
26/10/2023
Queensland ceiling heights - help!

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

We bought a house in 2015 advertised as a 7/2/2, 4br up, 3br down (7br), and to date, it’s a great house. However, we’ve just had it valued and it’s come in as a…

9/05/2023
what to add for energy efficiency building volume home

Eco Living

go upvc window frames ensure insulation under colorbond. not just sarking, lighter color roof also not sure if you have seen this viewtopic.php?t=5823 last couple of pages…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum