Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes general build thread

Page 447 of 579
kandd
Ryalls_first_build
kandd
Hi all new to all of this, my husband and I are building the grange 23 on the NSW mid north coast. Were currently waiting for council approval and have completed our tile selection. We had our heart set on wood grain tiles which we selected (heartwood walnut) We have been told that they will only lay this a square stack and not a staggered lay!!! has anyone else come across this?? Anything we should look out for come colour selection time. Wanting to stay within the designer range!!

Hu and welcome!

You should check out Becs Coral's thread, Im positive she has the woodgrain in the brickbond pattern.

Good luck with your build!

Thanks, I have had a look and yes that is how we want them. I have saved photos as a reference and will take up with tiler when the time come I guess?!?!

Hi kandd
You should be able to get the stretcherbond/brick setout for your tiles but it may attract an extra labour fee. I think Coral has something written about "no bond setouts" somewhere from memory but argue with them and see if you can get it, I say! My tile supplier (Beaumont in qld) was quite helpful but she also knew that coral had limitations on what they'll do. She was able to price the extra labour on the day of tile selection (for things like non-standard grout, larger or differently proportioned tiles and cutting tiles in shower base). However she also said sometimes even when everything is chosen with Beaumont, if you have a non standard tile or laying outside coral's rules, Coral can sometimes come back and make you reselect if they really have an issue with the tile. So be prepared to fight or have a backup plan!
klea
kandd
Ryalls_first_build
[quote="kandd"]Hi all new to all of this, my husband and I are building the grange 23 on the NSW mid north coast. Were currently waiting for council approval and have completed our tile selection. We had our heart set on wood grain tiles which we selected (heartwood walnut) We have been told that they will only lay this a square stack and not a staggered lay!!! has anyone else come across this?? Anything we should look out for come colour selection time. Wanting to stay within the designer range!!

Hu and welcome!

You should check out Becs Coral's thread, Im positive she has the woodgrain in the brickbond pattern.

Thanks, I have had a look and yes that is how we want them. I have saved photos as a reference and will take up with tiler when the time come I guess?!?!

Hi kandd
You should be able to get the stretcherbond/brick setout for your tiles but it may attract an extra labour fee. I think Coral has something written about "no bond setouts" somewhere from memory but argue with them and see if you can get it, I say! My tile supplier (Beaumont in qld) was quite helpful but she also knew that coral had limitations on what they'll do. She was able to price the extra labour on the day of tile selection (for things like non-standard grout, larger or differently proportioned tiles and cutting tiles in shower base). However she also said sometimes even when everything is chosen with Beaumont, if you have a non standard tile or laying outside coral's rules, Coral can sometimes come back and make you reselect if they really have an issue with the tile. So be prepared to fight or have a backup plan![/quote]

Wow this is crazy! I can't understand why they will do herringbone and not some of these other laying patterns. That said I had to go to site and show Coral's tiler how to lay herringbone

As long as it is noted in your tile selections and your variation is signed they have to do it at that point. Surely no tiler is gonna have a problem with that.

C U S T O M. C O R A L. B R O N T E. 43
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=79581
Caydenn
Hey all,

We got the email yesterday that our land is now in council!! Any idea how long this process generally takes from the developer lodging the land with council to get to registration.

Thanks

Hi,
Land is registered with the titles office of your state, not local council.
Probably depends what state you're in and how busy they are.
kandd
Ryalls_first_build
kandd
Hi all new to all of this, my husband and I are building the grange 23 on the NSW mid north coast. Were currently waiting for council approval and have completed our tile selection. We had our heart set on wood grain tiles which we selected (heartwood walnut) We have been told that they will only lay this a square stack and not a staggered lay!!! has anyone else come across this?? Anything we should look out for come colour selection time. Wanting to stay within the designer range!!

Hu and welcome!

Hi. Was just about to reply and saw Ryalls referred you to my thread. We had no issues. I said to the Beaumont last brickbond, and she suggested 1/3staggered brickbond. Love it.

So there's a video on Coral homes Facebook page with a couple who built a Noosa but they are in a daydream for the video ???

dougang287
So there's a video on Coral homes Facebook page with a couple who built a Noosa but they are in a daydream for the video ???

I saw that. Looked so fake and scripted.

Coral Homes Avoca 25 in Gainsborough Greens Gold Coast

Viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81406
vonsta76
dougang287

I know they loved the Noosa so much but walk round a Daydream - why aren't they walking around their Home

dougang287
vonsta76
dougang287

I know they loved the Noosa so much but walk round a Daydream - why aren't they walking around their Home

Lol omg so fake!!

I was just saying before we have only had trades for 6 days all month. We are 11 weeks in tomorrow. On the video they say 12 weeks... we are not even close.

https://www.homeone.com.au/member/bribiebell
dougang287
vonsta76
dougang287

Coral Homes- built on Bullsh!t!!

Bahaha that video is gold - strange how they never asked 'how was the admin stage?'
MrsJM
dougang287
vonsta76
[quote="dougang287"]So there's a video on Coral homes Facebook page with a couple who built a Noosa but they are in a daydream for the video ???

http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=79581[/quote]

I couldn't resist commenting the following

They are sitting in a daydream - why not do the video in the Noosa that they say they love so much - or their home?

dougang287
MrsJM
dougang287
[quote="vonsta76"][quote="dougang287"]So there's a video on Coral homes Facebook page with a couple who built a Noosa but they are in a daydream for the video ???

http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=79581[/quote]

I couldn't resist commenting the following

They are sitting in a daydream - why not do the video in the Noosa that they say they love so much - or their home?

[/quote
Oh if you put that on their Facebook page it will mysteriously disappear this morning. Funny how the only comments on their fb page are positive.

kandd

We have just started building and have brickbond in our selection. It did cost us extra though. If they say no, I would speak directly to the tiler.
Seeing the comments about the timber look tiles laid in brick bond, is it better to have them laid half or third? We have only specified "brick bond" but I haven't even thought about the half/third aspect.
dougang287

Just watched it. It is the display home at Yarrabilba! I have been through it many times (our sales guy is in Yarra) and I never noticed anyone living there lol.
Random question about stamp duty.... We are buying a house and land package with Coral homes would stamp duty have been included in the costs or will we have to pay stamp duty on the land... I really don't need another $1500 of fees
[quote="Caydenn"]Random question about stamp duty.... We are buying a house and land package with Coral homes would stamp duty have been included in the costs or will we have to pay stamp duty on the land... I really don't need another $1500 of fees
/quote]
I am sure stamp duty is on top. It is usually done through your solicitor.
Tamara1975
dougang287

Just watched it. It is the display home at Yarrabilba! I have been through it many times (our sales guy is in Yarra) and I never noticed anyone living there lol.
exactly hubby laughed cos I started yelling she's in my house not a bloody Noosa lol

dougang287
Tamara1975
dougang287

exactly hubby laughed cos I started yelling she's in my house not a bloody Noosa lol

lol
hi all looking for opinions
received back form consultant quote to build winton 26 with attached granny flat modified with elegance pack and higher pitch larger garage timber look garage door air con etc. does the consultant quote differ much from the head office tender price. as we need to pay the thousand before we get the tender price.
or do we go gj gardner smaller house not as many extras weathertex not brick home for ten to fifteen thousand more then coral. gj will come with out concrete driveway and crossover for council coral will come with the driveway and crossover. also no air.
we took advice from this thread and added to coral the extra bricks raising the pitch of the roof. having an electrical allowance of five thousand and extra tile allowance of 5000 as well and also considering an allowance of five thousand for upgrades when at queensland show room. these allowance will still keep us in budget for coral.
everyones opinions help thanks what would you do. we understand about how slow coral is and am taking this into consideration as well.
Related
18/09/2023
General questions about building before I go to my builder

Building A New House

You should check your detail drawings, it may show downpipe within brick pier.

2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

14/04/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

In Qld it is a requirement that a builder must have a cost breakdown, for building a home to the same specification, with the same inclusions and the same finish. So ask…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum