Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes general build thread

Page 443 of 579
StephLee
Corallake
Sorry to say but be prepared for disappointments. Coral's turn around on variations/changes can vary from one week to six weeks.

Eeeeeek, I am going to be so mad if there is delays on their end. I want to try and be in by Christmas and every week matters at the moment.
/quote]

Yep expect delays I was hoping we might be in by Dec our plans went to certifier back end of March
we were starting end of May we didn't do many changes hoping that would help
still no idea of start date as admin is a nightmare
fingers crossed yours is polar opposite to ours.

What is up with Coral sending invoices before work has actually been completed or actually completed properly

dougang287
What is up with Coral sending invoices before work has actually been completed or actually completed properly

Then head office will fight you about it and tell you it's been done.. even when you send them photo evidence lol. Very good at asking for money. Not so good at sending cheques when required!

C U S T O M. C O R A L. B R O N T E. 43
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=79581
Hmmm well we haven't paid two and I have left hubby to deal with it so we don't end up in your boat

dougang287

Our slab was poured yesterday and I thought I would have had an invoice by now.
Tamara1975
dougang287

our first two didn't come through until week later due to an IT glitch at their end so enjoy it while you can

Sharing my most excellent news this lovely Friday afternoon!!!

Jeeze coral are on fire today aren't they? Lol woo that's so exciting!!!!

Building with Perry Homes: viewtopic.php?t=84756
Tracyt

Oh how exciting. Have you got a build thread?
Tamara1975
Tracyt

Oh how exciting. Have you got a build thread?

Yes. It must have dropped off my signature!

viewtopic.php?t=85959
Tamara1975
dougang287

Are you happy with Coral's customer service and quality so far? We had a terrible sales consultant at Gledswood Hills. We paid the initial deposit and everything but she was so bad and made so many errors that I got a bad feeling about them. So we steered away from Coral and went to Metricon. Couldn't be happier with our decision but I'm just curious if they have been ok for you so far?

jessicagauci
Tamara1975
dougang287

Are you happy with Coral's customer service and quality so far? We had a terrible sales consultant at Gledswood Hills. We paid the initial deposit and everything but she was so bad and made so many errors that I got a bad feeling about them. So we steered away from Coral and went to Metricon. Couldn't be happier with our decision but I'm just curious if they have been ok for you so far?

coral was absolutely **** until we started building to be honest so was our bank. We liked the Daydream though and got sick of all the youngish girls from other companies that didn't give us the time of day. Then we found a plantation plan that we liked and one day they called and they were so rude I told them to *** off and never call me again lol - true story

Caydenn
StephLee
Caydenn
For anyone that has built with Coral, once you told them your changes to plans and upgrades etc. how long did they take to get your contract done? We are going to building contract today or tomorrow and wondering how long we should expect to wait before it comes back?

Thanks!!

We were told 2-4 weeks because we were doing an 'express packaged price' however it took almost 3 months..
/quote]
.... We are being told 3 weeks for ours. They better hope they can get it in 3 weeks because they originally were going to have it done before the end of June for FHOG. Starting to already feel deflated about all this build stuff because of finance
We put in our application on the 9th of June and still don't have an answer. We are sending our broker so many documents and important information about where we are at and don't even get a reply to our emails.

Not to mention our finance clause has now started with Stocklands so we need to get our Building contract to get our finance approved... argghhhh
/quote]

We paid our deposit for our land in September 16 was suppose to register in December. Land registered in April and by that time our bank approval was out of date. It took coral 3 weeks to give us a building contract which needed to go to the bank too. All docs were sent to the bank in May, bank sent ys our unconditional approval end of May and we were suppose to settle on the 14th June. The bank still hasn't relased the funds and claim more and more paperwork is missing thar has been sent about 7times already. We are at our last settlement extension due 28th June before the developer will sue us for no compliance of contract. Tell you if the bank doesn't get it through by Tusday I will be headless.
H Family
Caydenn
StephLee
[quote="Caydenn"]For anyone that has built with Coral, once you told them your changes to plans and upgrades etc. how long did they take to get your contract done? We are going to building contract today or tomorrow and wondering how long we should expect to wait before it comes back?

Thanks!!

We were told 2-4 weeks because we were doing an 'express packaged price' however it took almost 3 months..
/quote]
.... We are being told 3 weeks for ours. They better hope they can get it in 3 weeks because they originally were going to have it done before the end of June for FHOG. Starting to already feel deflated about all this build stuff because of finance
We put in our application on the 9th of June and still don't have an answer. We are sending our broker so many documents and important information about where we are at and don't even get a reply to our emails.

Not to mention our finance clause has now started with Stocklands so we need to get our Building contract to get our finance approved... argghhhh
/quote]

We paid our deposit for our land in September 16 was suppose to register in December. Land registered in April and by that time our bank approval was out of date. It took coral 3 weeks to give us a building contract which needed to go to the bank too. All docs were sent to the bank in May, bank sent ys our unconditional approval end of May and we were suppose to settle on the 14th June. The bank still hasn't relased the funds and claim more and more paperwork is missing thar has been sent about 7times already. We are at our last settlement extension due 28th June before the developer will sue us for no compliance of contract. Tell you if the bank doesn't get it through by Tusday I will be headless.[/quote]
We had about 5 extensions with Stocklands due to contracts from Coral and finance taking so long. I know how stressful it is. We were so worried we would lose our block. Have they told you this is the final one? Is your solicitor helping you? Where are you building?

Follow our Build:
viewtopic.php?t=85959
(Quote) We paid our deposit for our land in September 16 was suppose to register in December. Land registered in April and by that time our bank approval was out of date. It took coral 3 weeks to give us a building contract which needed to go to the bank too. All docs were sent to the bank in May, bank sent ys our unconditional approval end of May and we were suppose to settle on the 14th June. The bank still hasn't relased the funds and claim more and more paperwork is missing thar has been sent about 7times already. We are at our last settlement extension due 28th June before the developer will sue us for no compliance of contract. Tell you if the bank doesn't get it through by Tusday I will be headless.[/quote]
We had about 5 extensions with Stocklands due to contracts from Coral and finance taking so long. I know how stressful it is. We were so worried we would lose our block. Have they told you this is the final one? Is your solicitor helping you? Where are you building?

Follow our Build:
viewtopic.php?t=85959[/quote]

We are building in Delaneys Creek with qm properties. Our solicitor has been fantastic she has managed to stop us paying $80 interest per day since the 14th due to not settling and also put the bank and our broker on notice that we can sue if we do not settle on Wednesday. Very very anxious times
H Family
(Quote) We paid our deposit for our land in September 16 was suppose to register in December. Land registered in April and by that time our bank approval was out of date. It took coral 3 weeks to give us a building contract which needed to go to the bank too. All docs were sent to the bank in May, bank sent ys our unconditional approval end of May and we were suppose to settle on the 14th June. The bank still hasn't relased the funds and claim more and more paperwork is missing thar has been sent about 7times already. We are at our last settlement extension due 28th June before the developer will sue us for no compliance of contract. Tell you if the bank doesn't get it through by Tusday I will be headless.

Follow our Build:
viewtopic.php?t=85959[/quote]

We are building in Delaneys Creek with qm properties. Our solicitor has been fantastic she has managed to stop us paying $80 interest per day since the 14th due to not settling and also put the bank and our broker on notice that we can sue if we do not settle on Wednesday. Very very anxious times[/quote]

That's good that at least one party is being helpful! I hated how the bank and Coral couldn't seem to work together for us. Every step should be about the best outcome for a mutual client but they just kept citing required time frames on both sides. And both sides stuffed up paperwork!

Hang in there! Hope it all comes through for you.

Follow our Build:
viewtopic.php?t=85959
Tracyt
H Family
(Quote) We paid our deposit for our land in September 16 was suppose to register in December. Land registered in April and by that time our bank approval was out of date. It took coral 3 weeks to give us a building contract which needed to go to the bank too. All docs were sent to the bank in May, bank sent ys our unconditional approval end of May and we were suppose to settle on the 14th June. The bank still hasn't relased the funds and claim more and more paperwork is missing thar has been sent about 7times already. We are at our last settlement extension due 28th June before the developer will sue us for no compliance of contract. Tell you if the bank doesn't get it through by Tusday I will be headless.

Follow our Build:
viewtopic.php?t=85959

Thanks will let you know on Wednesday if we were successful in settling on the land. Fingers crossed I have come too far for it to fall apart now.
A tip for those wanting to get impregnator for their tiles - we went to Beaumonts today, hubby dealt with a lady in showroom who informed him it was $110 for the 500ml bottle - he told her how ridiculous the price was. She offered a 10% discount. He left and looked elsewhere. Anyway we were a bit nervous about getting something from Bunnings etc so went back, saw the same lady who asked us to go downstairs to pay. Go downstairs and say we bought our tiles here - the guy sells it to us for $55 - so tip to fellow builders.
Some help please guys I have gone through our contracts and I can't see we're the clause is that states once PCI is done coral don't have to compensate. Our PCI was 4 weeks ago and we have just gone over our contract time. 216 days build timeline. They can't claim rain only public holidays that is already included and our date was the 23rd so we have just gone over and looking like no end in site yet. Just want to be armed and aware as I lose my brain when my emotions get involved and I want to be factual when I call tomorrow.

Coral homes Modified Stradbroke 30weeks
Milestone
Some help please guys I have gone through our contracts and I can't see we're the clause is that states once PCI is done coral don't have to compensate. Our PCI was 4 weeks ago and we have just gone over our contract time. 216 days build timeline. They can't claim rain only public holidays that is already included and our date was the 23rd so we have just gone over and looking like no end in site yet. Just want to be armed and aware as I lose my brain when my emotions get involved and I want to be factual when I call tomorrow.

Coral homes Modified Stradbroke 30weeks

Ours was written as $50 per day ill pull it out and check exactly where it is written
Related
18/09/2023
General questions about building before I go to my builder

Building A New House

You should check your detail drawings, it may show downpipe within brick pier.

2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

14/04/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

In Qld it is a requirement that a builder must have a cost breakdown, for building a home to the same specification, with the same inclusions and the same finish. So ask…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum