Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes general build thread

Page 439 of 579
nicolawhitelaw
Milestone
Help me please guys I turned up today to let the NBN guy into the garage and I got into the house I m not meant to be in but the led light strip is so not what I thought I would be, also it comes on all the time with the kitchen lights and doesn't go on by itself

I'm so late to the party here and obviously not building with coral but did you imagine it something like mine? I've never seen them with the cover on it before

Building with Perry Homes: viewtopic.php?t=84756
thats what I thought I was getting ☹️

Coral homes Modified Stradbroke 29 weeks
Milestone
nicolawhitelaw
Milestone
Help me please guys I turned up today to let the NBN guy into the garage and I got into the house I m not meant to be in but the led light strip is so not what I thought I would be, also it comes on all the time with the kitchen lights and doesn't go on by itself

I'm so late to the party here and obviously not building with coral but did you imagine it something like mine? I've never seen them with the cover on it before

thats what I thought I was getting ☹️

Coral homes Modified Stradbroke 29 weeks

Dang

It is strip lighting just with a diffuser ive seen these installed plenty of times
im sure if ur very nice to ur lecco he will sort it out for you

So has anyone else on here got the standard sliders in your build - we have two - one out to the alfresco and one out from our bedroom - has anyone found these quite loose? Ours were put in a couple of weeks ago and have gaps to the outside and rattle like anything. We questioned this and have been told they get serviced before hand over so they won't be like this - is this correct

dougang287
So has anyone else on here got the standard sliders in your build - we have two - one out to the alfresco and one out from our bedroom - has anyone found these quite loose? Ours were put in a couple of weeks ago and have gaps to the outside and rattle like anything. We questioned this and have been told they get serviced before hand over so they won't be like this - is this correct

Ours were the same, a service fixed them all up..

Yes ours were terrible till serviced and now are great

That's great to hear. Thanks guys

dougang287

They do get serviced but depends what the issue is. Mine were too tight and could hardly move them. When you say rattle- just the single doors not the entire frame??

C U S T O M. C O R A L. B R O N T E. 43
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=79581
MrsJM
dougang287

They do get serviced but depends what the issue is. Mine were too tight and could hardly move them. When you say rattle- just the single doors not the entire frame??

the doors aren't connected properly at the moment - the doors are the issue you can actually see gaps so plenty of ventilation

Has anyone else noticed in their contract it says you can't select tiles over 400x400 for bathroom floors or they won't lay them? Something to do with the shower space.. The tiles we want are 450x450
[quote="StephLee"]Has anyone else noticed in their contract it says you can't select tiles over 400x400 for bathroom floors or they won't lay them? Something to do with the shower space.. The tiles we want are 450x450
/quote] go into beaumonts tell them your building with Coral and they will give you an information sheet that will tell you. We are using 300x 600 in our wet area and shower floor

[quote="StephLee"]Has anyone else noticed in their contract it says you can't select tiles over 400x400 for bathroom floors or they won't lay them? Something to do with the shower space.. The tiles we want are 450x450
/quote]

We are having 450x450, they just charge you extra laying cost.

xjanex
StephLee
Has anyone else noticed in their contract it says you can't select tiles over 400x400 for bathroom floors or they won't lay them? Something to do with the shower space.. The tiles we want are 450x450
/quote]

Do you know much much extra approx?

So upset about it! Just assumed it would be standard because everyone would want 450x450!
StephLee
xjanex
StephLee
/quote]

Do you know much much extra approx?

So upset about it! Just assumed it would be standard because everyone would want 450x450!

If I'm reading it right, 116 for main bathroom and 270 for ensuite.
Our whole tile variation was $835 which includes grout upgrades and the 450x450 tiles.

/quote]

As others have said, you should be able to get the 450x450 but there is extra labour cost. I have 450x450 (and wanted 600X600). The shower is the main issue because they need the floor inside the shower to slope towards the floor waste (drain). To achieve this the tiler often needs to cut larger tiles into smaller pieces so they can create the fall they need.
klea
StephLee
/quote]

As others have said, you should be able to get the 450x450 but there is extra labour cost. I have 450x450 (and wanted 600X600). The shower is the main issue because they need the floor inside the shower to slope towards the floor waste (drain). To achieve this the tiler often needs to cut larger tiles into smaller pieces so they can create the fall they need.

Thank you and damn that's such a pain! I am really trying to not spend anymore money and then things you don't even know about or think of like this pop up
StephLee
klea

Thank you and damn that's such a pain! I am really trying to not spend anymore money and then things you don't even know about or think of like this pop up
/quote]

Building Houses! Where budgets are imaginary and nobody tells you anything
!
Caydenn
StephLee
klea

/quote]

Building Houses! Where budgets are imaginary and nobody tells you anything
!

HAHAHA I am so glad I over budgeted!!!!! But I seriously don't want to spend another $500 to have 450x450 tiles in my bathroom
klea
StephLee
/quote]

Wow- I was just flat out told by Beaumont they were a no no. Even if I wanted to pay additional labour costs. T

MrsJM
klea
StephLee
/quote]

Wow- I was just flat out told by Beaumont they were a no no. Even if I wanted to pay additional labour costs. There is so much inconsistency with information. So frustrating.

Ahhhh, that's such a pain! Looks like I will find out on Friday at our tile appointment with National Tiles... guess il have to decide on a back up option just in case
Related
18/09/2023
General questions about building before I go to my builder

Building A New House

You should check your detail drawings, it may show downpipe within brick pier.

2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

14/04/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

In Qld it is a requirement that a builder must have a cost breakdown, for building a home to the same specification, with the same inclusions and the same finish. So ask…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum