Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes general build thread

Page 438 of 579
Caydenn
StephLee
Caydenn
For everyone that has built with Coral I have a question. What do they require in order to get your building contract together? Do you do all your colour selections, tiles etc before they do a contract or does that come after the contract is drawn up. We are going in tomorrow to start the process toward getting our contracts.

Thanks!!

I literally just asked Coral that as we have booked our appointments for a few weeks away but I don't want it to delay anything (we already had annual leave at work so wanted to do it at the same time) - il let you know when I hear back

Thanks Steph!! We are waiting for our land in Ormeau ridge to register but the bank won't go from Conditional to Full approval until the Land registers and we have a building contract so tackling the contract process this weekend

I just realised I read your original question wrong haha - all these appointments are booked after your contract is signed but if you know there is certain things you want get them included in your contract (everything I listed on my thread is included in the contract except the items pending colour appointment) - definitely add a few thousand for your electrical appointment and colour appointment! I added 5k for electrical and 2k for colour, otherwise you will need to pay it out of your pocket and not the loan. If you have any structural changes get them included too! You should get a quote estimate before you go for official contracts and double check everything! Hope that helps ☺

Has anyone been told by Coral they need a drop edge beam after contracts have been signed in a fixed price contract? They knew our contour plan from day one well before contracts signed it's about a 1.5m fall with most of it sloping down at the front where driveway is
not impressed at moment trying to be patient but this is getting ridiculous..... we chose the block we did so that we didn't need a drop edge beam

BrownDog77
Has anyone been told by Coral they need a drop edge beam after contracts have been signed in a fixed price contract? They knew our contour plan from day one well before contracts signed it's about a 1.5m fall with most of it sloping down at the front where driveway is
not impressed at moment trying to be patient but this is getting ridiculous..... we chose the block we did so that we didn't need a drop edge beam

challenge it! We got pulled up for stuff by drafting that was wrong so don't just sit and take it. Challenge it!

MrsJM
marcoola
Milestone
[quote="MrsJM"][quote="StephLee"][quote="Milestone"]Help me please guys I turned up today to let the NBN guy into the garage and I got into the house I m not meant to be in but the led light strip is so not what I thought I would be, also it comes on all the time with the kitchen lights and doesn't go on by itself

I want to do this as well so I am glad I saw your post! I thought it would be a thin strip lighting along the whole underside... I can understand why they put it on the general kitchen switch if you didn't specify a separate switch though. Fingers crossed it gets sorted for you!

Was it on your plans? My cupboards have a rebate underneath to house the strip. I can't tell by your photo but is there any diffuser casing or have they just glued the strip directly to the cupboards?

Mine is also on a separate switch. Depending where they have run the electrical cables it might still be possible to add a switch for it but they might make you pay the cost of a new wall plate

C U S T O M. C O R A L. B R O N T E. 43
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=79581
we do have the rebate and I am sure we got the extra switch for it but this isn't staying it doesn't even go along the whole cupboards and they haven't even done the pantry. I honestly thought it was just a strip all the way along but
now I am worried it's ruined the glass or suck on the cupboards and is going to mark them

Coral homes Modified Stradbroke 26 weeks[/quote]
Hey Milestone!
The place is looking awesome, white bath tile looks sensational...
Im 99% theyve just.put your led strips in a diffuser is why its bulkier..
Its hard getting what you want when trades just do what they think instead of asking... Our sparky just pulled 3 cables thru for the pendents and I just said nope this is the spacing and gave him a plan...

[/quote]

Yes can see much better with them off. Yes looks like it's in diffuser case. If you have rebates under your overheads I would absolutely be fighting to get that removed, get flat rectangular casing and put it in the rebate. Never seen that in a coral display home. And that's the standard I'm holding these muppets to now!!!

http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=79581[/quote]exactly just went through all of my photos and found some displays so look out ss Monday morning

Coral homes Modified Stradbroke 29 weeks
dougang287
BrownDog77

challenge it! We got pulled up for stuff by drafting that was wrong so don't just sit and take it. Challenge it!

Definitely not agreeing without a structural engineers (if that's who would know?) opinion just seems ridiculous first it was our driveway now this I don't think they even have the right contours as they are talking 3m fall which is double what ours is
just so frustrating ....

BrownDog77
dougang287
BrownDog77

Definitely not agreeing without a structural engineers (if that's who would know?) opinion just seems ridiculous first it was our driveway now this I don't think they even have the right contours as they are talking 3m fall which is double what ours is
just so frustrating ....

What area of your plan have they put in the beam ? If it looks like an area where they will be filling then you will more than likely require it if you have fall across your site.

If you went with fixed site costs then it should be no extra cost for you i would imagine ?

Whitey22
BrownDog77
dougang287
[quote="BrownDog77"]Has anyone been told by Coral they need a drop edge beam after contracts have been signed in a fixed price contract? They knew our contour plan from day one well before contracts signed it's about a 1.5m fall with most of it sloping down at the front where driveway is

just so frustrating ....

What area of your plan have they put in the beam ? If it looks like an area where they will be filling then you will more than likely require it if you have fall across your site.

If you went with fixed site costs then it should be no extra cost for you i would imagine ?

[/quote]

Not sure where it's proposed as they have been on ph with my hubby who is away for a month ?!? They want to charge $8000 for it. Although I know from contour plan it's not, our block when standing on it looks flat except near verge (where house won't be)
I just don't understand how this is all coming out now?!? We paid initial deposit with Coral last year and the certifier has had our plans since end of march so why are we only hearing about this now ?!? Sorry just venting as I know you all understand the frustration and need to vent somewhere
I'm sure it will all be resolved before the end of the year 🤣
🤣

BrownDog77
Whitey22
BrownDog77
[quote="dougang287"][quote="BrownDog77"]Has anyone been told by Coral they need a drop edge beam after contracts have been signed in a fixed price contract? They knew our contour plan from day one well before contracts signed it's about a 1.5m fall with most of it sloping down at the front where driveway is

just so frustrating ....

[/quote]

Not sure where it's proposed as they have been on ph with my hubby who is away for a month ?!? They want to charge $8000 for it. Although I know from contour plan it's not, our block when standing on it looks flat except near verge (where house won't be)
I just don't understand how this is all coming out now?!? We paid initial deposit with Coral last year and the certifier has had our plans since end of march so why are we only hearing about this now ?!? Sorry just venting as I know you all understand the frustration and need to vent somewhere
🤣

[/quote]
Oh gosh, that sounds tough
Ryalls had a drop edge beam at the back of her house. Not sure when she found out she needed it. Maybe check her thread to see what her fall was. Hope things get sorted soon.

BrownDog77
Whitey22
BrownDog77
[quote="dougang287"][quote="BrownDog77"]Has anyone been told by Coral they need a drop edge beam after contracts have been signed in a fixed price contract? They knew our contour plan from day one well before contracts signed it's about a 1.5m fall with most of it sloping down at the front where driveway is

just so frustrating ....

[/quote]

🤣

[/quote]
I would be chasing up that you have signed for fixed price site costs so why would you be expected to pay this additional cost they have since found.

As opposed to arguing if you need a drop edge.

Goodluck

We have our electrical appointment booked in for 2 weeks anyone have any tips of hints to help me. We have set aside $4k for it. We are going to owner supply downlights, pendants and ceiling fans. Do I tell clipsil this?
NicMac03
BrownDog77
Whitey22
[quote="BrownDog77"][quote="dougang287"][quote="BrownDog77"]Has anyone been told by Coral they need a drop edge beam after contracts have been signed in a fixed price contract? They knew our contour plan from day one well before contracts signed it's about a 1.5m fall with most of it sloping down at the front where driveway is

just so frustrating ....

[/quote]

🤣

[/quote]
Oh gosh, that sounds tough
Ryalls had a drop edge beam at the back of her house. Not sure when she found out she needed it. Maybe check her thread to see what her fall was. Hope things get sorted soon.

[/quote]
Hmmm thats weird! We were told at the point that they fix the site costs... Cant remember exactly but i know the pricing was on our contract.

Our block had about the same slope.. our drop edge beam was 12K but it wraps around the entire back half of the house.. i think the length will depend on the price

I'm sick and cranky today and just want to put it out there for the building gods that sending me an email saying"failure to sign and submit these documents may delay the start of your build" seriously making me angry, especially when said documents were submitted a week ago!

They certainly know how to go for the jugular by threatening the build date!

My response:
"Please find the documents you have requested attached. You will also find a screen shot of the email sent on 9th June 2017 to submit these documents. As they were submitted over a week ago we expect that there will be no delay in our build as you have indicated in your email."
H Family
We have our electrical appointment booked in for 2 weeks anyone have any tips of hints to help me. We have set aside $4k for it. We are going to owner supply downlights, pendants and ceiling fans. Do I tell clipsil this?

We spent just over 5k on ours and that was us owner supplying downlights and fans. You will need to tell Clipsal that your supplying them as they still need to go on the electrical plan. Clipsal charges for the install of the lights, unless you were planning on getting the electrician to do it separate? We just got Clipsal to do it and not risk the electrician saying no or charging more. Clipsal charges $96 per downlight to install

BrownDog77

We are with a different builder but were hit with drop edge beams despite having an extremely flat block. Building close to the build line was our issue (930mm on one side) Not sure if that might be the reason for yours?

BrownDog77
dougang287
BrownDog77

just so frustrating ....

z
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=79581
Jessiej
H Family

We spent just over 5k on ours and that was us owner supplying downlights and fans. You will need to tell Clipsal that your supplying them as they still need to go on the electrical plan. Clipsal charges for the install of the lights, unless you were planning on getting the electrician to do it separate? We just got Clipsal to do it and not risk the electrician saying no or charging more. Clipsal charges $96 per downlight to install

This is what we are planning - does it matter what LED downlights we purchase? Or will they install whatever we supply? How much do they charge to supply and install?

We were told it is cheaper to supply our own but now I don't know. We also want to put in 3 data points but that might not be achievable depends on price.
StephLee
Jessiej
H Family

This is what we are planning - does it matter what LED downlights we purchase? Or will they install whatever we supply? How much do they charge to supply and install?

I'm pretty sure they will install whatever you supply. I think for one downlight to supply and install was $134 from memory

Jessiej
StephLee
Jessiej
[quote="H Family"]We have our electrical appointment booked in for 2 weeks anyone have any tips of hints to help me. We have set aside $4k for it. We are going to owner supply downlights, pendants and ceiling fans. Do I tell clipsil this?

I'm pretty sure they will install whatever you supply. I think for one downlight to supply and install was $134 from memory

[/quote]

Sounds similar to what I have heard ☺ we are going to get our downlights online for around $15 each so should still be saving atleast $15+ per light by owner supplying I hope!

Milestone
Help me please guys I turned up today to let the NBN guy into the garage and I got into the house I m not meant to be in but the led light strip is so not what I thought I would be, also it comes on all the time with the kitchen lights and doesn't go on by itself

I'm so late to the party here and obviously not building with coral but did you imagine it something like mine? I've never seen them with the cover on it before

Building with Perry Homes: viewtopic.php?t=84756
Related
18/09/2023
General questions about building before I go to my builder

Building A New House

You should check your detail drawings, it may show downpipe within brick pier.

2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

14/04/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

In Qld it is a requirement that a builder must have a cost breakdown, for building a home to the same specification, with the same inclusions and the same finish. So ask…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum