Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes general build thread

Page 410 of 579
MrsJM
Actually don't know whether it's just me but I can't comment on their page anymore. Anyone else got the same issue?

C U S T O M. C O R A L. B R O N T E. 43
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=79581

Hehehhe maybe they block you! Lol

Yeah remember they told Defdaz to remove the comments on h1

When it comes to having a deck built... Would you expect the person you hire to deal with drainage or at least gravel or plastic below? Or would you only expect them to deal with the deck itself?

MrsJM
When it comes to having a deck built... Would you expect the person you hire to deal with drainage or at least gravel or plastic below? Or would you only expect them to deal with the deck itself?

Deck only

Well as long as people are telling the truth then what's the issue

Still my fav part of the house minus the old fridge

Denym

Aww pretty!!

Denym

How much did they charge you for the lighting under the cabinets? We are looking at getting it done as well as under the breakfast bar.
Tamara1975
Denym

How much did they charge you for the lighting under the cabinets? We are looking at getting it done as well as under the breakfast bar.

Interested to know this too! Also wondering if anyone has had strip lighting put under the cabinets when they have an exposed rangehood?

-B
Bridgetwitch
Tamara1975
Denym

Interested to know this too! Also wondering if anyone has had strip lighting put under the cabinets when they have an exposed rangehood?

-B

Can be done no worries with the exposed rangehood
Can anyone please tell me how much coral charges for installation of pendants, bathroom heat lamps, downlights, under cabinet lighting (for island bench and overhead cupboards), outdoor power points, vanity lighting and cat 5 cabling/data points? Just preparing ourselves for a heart attack on friday lol.
Omg! I have to call and email to get a bloody update and still no news, still with the variation team and still apparently it's been escalated. Two weeks two damn weeks we have had these issues with communication only after we have chased them! A build date of 5 April isn't going to happen! God if we could get our 15k back in full we would go elsewhrrr but not GJ either

dougang287
Omg! I have to call and email to get a bloody update and still no news, still with the variation team and still apparently it's been escalated. Two weeks two damn weeks we have had these issues with communication only after we have chased them! A build date of 5 April isn't going to happen! God if we could get our 15k back in full we would go elsewhrrr but not GJ either

Gosh they can be useless!! Whats the variation for?

Ryalls_first_build
dougang287

the activity room window that we paid to upgrade now won't pass council as per Coral and the house is positioned overhanging from the building envelope - both issues not created by us so shouldn't be our issue actually!

dougang287
Ryalls_first_build
dougang287

the activity room window that we paid to upgrade now won't pass council as per Coral and the house is positioned overhanging from the building envelope - both issues not created by us so shouldn't be our issue actually!

How come it wont pass with council ??

Whitey22
dougang287
Ryalls_first_build
[quote="dougang287"]Omg! I have to call and email to get a bloody update and still no news, still with the variation team and still apparently it's been escalated. Two weeks two damn weeks we have had these issues with communication only after we have chased them! A build date of 5 April isn't going to happen! God if we could get our 15k back in full we would go elsewhrrr but not GJ either

[/quote] because of natural lighting - why sell it then

dougang287
Whitey22
dougang287
[quote="Ryalls_first_build"][quote="dougang287"]Omg! I have to call and email to get a bloody update and still no news, still with the variation team and still apparently it's been escalated. Two weeks two damn weeks we have had these issues with communication only after we have chased them! A build date of 5 April isn't going to happen! God if we could get our 15k back in full we would go elsewhrrr but not GJ either

[/quote]
If you dont get progress soon id contact Rebecca French, she was fantastic.. We spent 5 months in council, i sent an official complaint stating my issues and requesting someone in a management position contact me within 24 hours , she called me within about 3 hours.. All our issues (and there were many!) Were sorted and approval done within a week!

Hopefully it doesn't come to that

There's a few more negative comments on Facebook

Ryalls_first_build
dougang287
Whitey22
[quote="dougang287"][quote="Ryalls_first_build"][quote="dougang287"]Omg! I have to call and email to get a bloody update and still no news, still with the variation team and still apparently it's been escalated. Two weeks two damn weeks we have had these issues with communication only after we have chased them! A build date of 5 April isn't going to happen! God if we could get our 15k back in full we would go elsewhrrr but not GJ either

[/quote]
If you dont get progress soon id contact Rebecca French, she was fantastic.. We spent 5 months in council, i sent an official complaint stating my issues and requesting someone in a management position contact me within 24 hours , she called me within about 3 hours.. All our issues (and there were many!) Were sorted and approval done within a week!

Hopefully it doesn't come to that

[/quote] thanks we have another contact but seriously why do we have to do all the chasing for answers and action it is utterBS

Deleted comment

I wonder how long it will take our comments to get deleted

Related
18/09/2023
General questions about building before I go to my builder

Building A New House

You should check your detail drawings, it may show downpipe within brick pier.

2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

14/04/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

In Qld it is a requirement that a builder must have a cost breakdown, for building a home to the same specification, with the same inclusions and the same finish. So ask…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum