Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes general build thread

Page 408 of 579
Milestone
marcoola
Milestone
[quote="BrownDog77"][quote="Milestone"][quote="Denym"]We went with snow it's it's the worst for marks way worse then our night sky so maybe all stone colours are bad

i wanted the snow and we didn't want to spend any extra on the kitchen so we stuck with osprey and it has been my biggest regret so far this build. Definitely wanted a white bench but hearing this you have made me come to peace with sticking with the osprey

Coral homes Modified Stradbroke locked out

Can I ask why you don't like Osprey? Is it the colour?

it wasn't my first choice but I didn't want to upgrade any more we spent enough and I thought it would be better spent elsewhere. Mind you I wanted the marble look
but my budget didn't... look I love it it's just not as white as I wanted and I wasn't shown the other whites that was the only whitest in the base range apparently, once the tiles are clean it will make a huge difference I am sure

[/quote]
We have it aswell Miles...im hoping against the Burnished wood and polished eggshell colored flooring it will look really white but like you we'd spent enough by that stage....
Have u git any close up pics of your stone?

Coral Homes Marcoola 30 Mod
viewtopic.php?t=85789[/quote] sure I am heading out today so hopefully I can get in for another shot

Coral homes Modified Stradbroke locked out[/quote]
Looks beautiful 😆😉
Wish we had done the handless system tho?

viewtopic.php?t=85789
marcoola
Milestone
marcoola
[quote="Milestone"][quote="BrownDog77"][quote="Milestone"][quote="Denym"]We went with snow it's it's the worst for marks way worse then our night sky so maybe all stone colours are bad

i wanted the snow and we didn't want to spend any extra on the kitchen so we stuck with osprey and it has been my biggest regret so far this build. Definitely wanted a white bench but hearing this you have made me come to peace with sticking with the osprey

Can I ask why you don't like Osprey? Is it the colour?

it wasn't my first choice but I didn't want to upgrade any more we spent enough and I thought it would be better spent elsewhere. Mind you I wanted the marble look
but my budget didn't... look I love it it's just not as white as I wanted and I wasn't shown the other whites that was the only whitest in the base range apparently, once the tiles are clean it will make a huge difference I am sure

[/quote]
We have it aswell Miles...im hoping against the Burnished wood and polished eggshell colored flooring it will look really white but like you we'd spent enough by that stage....
Have u git any close up pics of your stone?

viewtopic.php?t=85789[/quote] sure I am heading out today so hopefully I can get in for another shot

Coral homes Modified Stradbroke locked out[/quote]
Looks beautiful 😆😉
Wish we had done the handless system tho

viewtopic.php?t=85789[/quote]thanks it was included in the upgraded kitchen pack luckily

Skyepie
GCGirl
Hi

I am building a Daydream 32. Contracts have been signed, tile and colours have been picked (Yay for Mary and her help).

My big dilemma is the electrical plan (and price!!!). I have managed to find some Clipsal price lists on the forum (thanks for sharing) but am second guessing my placements for powerpoints, downlights etc.

Unfortunately my husband can't make the appointment so I will need to have a detailed plan in place before we go.

Does anyone have an electrical plan they can share? I have tried searching numerous times by only found one that was too hard to read (very blurry when enlarged).

Also does anyone know the approximate costs of adding things like a TV aerial, strip lighting under the top kitchen cabinets, extra phone point, installing outside lights?

Thank you

I'm almost finished building a Marcoola 32 - similar size. Our electrical came to $1200!!!
and that was after we "cut down" on lighting and took out fans ect. In the end we had Clipsal wire everything in and did the placement and we purchased down lights ourselves at a trades store... we saved $6000 doing this and the lights only needed up costing us under $1000. So I would definately encourage you to look at that as an option! Clipsal try to get you to go with there lighting but there are so many good quality brands at a fraction of the price. Our lights were about $10 each at trades discount, clipsal lights were $150 incl installation. The installation fee for owner supplied lights was $65. So we saved $75 per light!!!!!!
(We have around 65 lights)

M A R C O O L A 3 2 - Coral homes

Skypie was that $65 for Clipsal to install the owner supplied lights or another electrician? We are about to sign a build contract with Coral and trying to figure out how much to allow for electrical with owner supplied lights, fans and pendants.
Well coral didn't call us today about the issues like they said they would. Supposed to start 5 April

dougang287
Well coral didn't call us today about the issues like they said they would. Supposed to start 5 April

z

C U S T O M. C O R A L. B R O N T E. 43
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=79581
MrsJM
dougang287

Not surprising
Hopefully Monday hey.

C U S T O M. C O R A L. B R O N T E. 43
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=79581
I hope so. The amount of tears I have shed already and the day before our wedding last week too. I'm over the sick feeling in my stomach too

dougang287

It makes you wonder how they even run this business!!
I forget are you building in nsw?

Theres a house thats going to be built behind me with a coral sign, poor buggers have already had so much trouble and its been 3 weeks since their site was cut and all thats changed is a portaloo and a sediment fence.. poor buggers are in for a long ride

Ryalls_first_build
dougang287

Theres a house thats going to be built behind me with a coral sign, poor buggers have already had so much trouble and its been 3 weeks since their site was cut and all thats changed is a portaloo and a sediment fence.. poor buggers are in for a long ride

we are QLD so thought we would be fine. We don't find it fun or anything positive and I just feel like I only post bad stuff here now. We are so fed up and have no faith for a good build. Just too many issues already topped with shocking communication. We are building a daydream. Is that why they call it that - cos it's all in my head

dougang287
Ryalls_first_build
dougang287

we are QLD so thought we would be fine. We don't find it fun or anything positive and I just feel like I only post bad stuff here now. We are so fed up and have no faith for a good build. Just too many issues already topped with shocking communication. We are building a daydream. Is that why they call it that - cos it's all in my head

Oh qld what the?? I thought it was just us poor buggers south of the border

I know what you mean.. its hard having nothing good to say, just keep the faith that one day youll have your house and it will all be worth it!

Daydream.. yeah right! Ours is the noosa but for us 'the house of horrors' for more reasons than i have time to write lol but after everything we still love it!!

dougang287
Ryalls_first_build
dougang287

I feel for you, hope things turn around soon

- B
Bridgetwitch
dougang287
Ryalls_first_build
[quote="dougang287"]Well coral didn't call us today about the issues like they said they would. Supposed to start 5 April

I feel for you, hope things turn around soon

- B
[/quote]
Have you picked a new builder yet B?

Thanks I appreciate your comments us too. Yeah Bridget who you going with

Still deciding... but tweaking quotes with two volume builders and one custom builder so should have a winner in the next week or so!. It will come down to price.
Going with a different lender now too, and still waiting to get some deposit back from Coral!!!
I am seriously jealous of everyone's new Homes and builds though - I visit the forum more than Facebook lately!

- B
Bridgetwitch
Still deciding... but tweaking quotes with two volume builders and one custom builder so should have a winner in the next week or so!. It will come down to price.
Going with a different lender now too, and still waiting to get some deposit back from Coral!!!
I am seriously jealous of everyone's new Homes and builds though - I visit the forum more than Facebook lately!

- B
where are you - Qld?

dougang287
Bridgetwitch

- B
where are you - Qld?

Yep, Gold Coast.... will (hopefully
) be building at PineVue, Maudsland

- B
Bridgetwitch
dougang287
Bridgetwitch

- B
where are you - Qld?

Yep, Gold Coast.... will (hopefully
) be building at PineVue, Maudsland

- B

Hi Everyone we have colours on Friday
& Ive tried to find in the thread & was sure I wrote it down somewhere
but can anyone please tell me the upgrade price for the two sink mixers both chrome one has the pull out attach, gooseneck with wiring look around it (sorry terrible description) & the other is chrome gooseneck but has black on it (pics below I hope)
?

Also Does anyone have a pic of the drawer handles in the standard range by any chance? And standard range of carpets too? TIA

BrownDog77
Hi Everyone we have colours on Friday
& Ive tried to find in the thread & was sure I wrote it down somewhere
but can anyone please tell me the upgrade price for the two sink mixers both chrome one has the pull out attach, gooseneck with wiring look around it (sorry terrible description) & the other is chrome gooseneck but has black on it (pics below I hope)
?

Also Does anyone have a pic of the drawer handles in the standard range by any chance? And standard range of carpets too? TIA

We just did colours. The black tap was around $900 if I remember correctly. But they have a new one similar that is about $260 that they only had in a catalogue at the moment. Not sure about the silver one.
I think we are paying about $260 for our tap in kitchen - check out photo in our thread. Cant help with carpet sorry - we upgraded to platinum with the upgraded underlay and our carpet is shimmering coal
dougang287
I think we are paying about $260 for our tap in kitchen - check out photo in our thread. Cant help with carpet sorry - we upgraded to platinum with the upgraded underlay and our carpet is shimmering coal

We upgraded our carpet too. Didn't take a pic of the standard range.
Related
18/09/2023
General questions about building before I go to my builder

Building A New House

You should check your detail drawings, it may show downpipe within brick pier.

2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

14/04/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

In Qld it is a requirement that a builder must have a cost breakdown, for building a home to the same specification, with the same inclusions and the same finish. So ask…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum