Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes general build thread

Page 403 of 579
yucky_worm01
My partner and I are in a disagreement. So i would like opinions!!
These are our feature tiles for bathrooms ( pics below- bluestone)
our floor and wall tile are the creamy mocha colour.
going to keep the natural look of the bluestone (for now) i like the darker glossy look with the sealer that we can do after tiles are in if we dont like the natural look.
What do you all think white grout or black grout. This was the look i was after but he likes the white in between the tiles
Feature bluestone tile

Creamy mocha wall and floor tile

The look i wanted

He likes the more light natural style with the white
this is the best photo to show white and black grout.
Our tiles are 300x600
What do you all think?? I need to tell the tiler by tuesday ahh

I should also say that the stone will only be on our ensuite dwarf wall with the mirror and vanity and one wall woth the window and over the bath in our main bathroom

It all depends if you want the tile to pop with the grout
personally id go a dark grout of a few shades lighter as opposed to white with it as i think dark with white grout at times can look a little tacky
Whitey22
It all depends if you want the tile to pop with the grout
personally id go a dark grout of a few shades lighter as opposed to white with it as i think dark with white grout at times can look a little tacky

I think we have decided a gunmetal grey/ granite colour
will hopefully have this effect. Ah and the anxiousness kicks in

I agree with the dark grout option. Will look great!!

yucky_worm01
My partner and I are in a disagreement. So i would like opinions!!
These are our feature tiles for bathrooms ( pics below- bluestone)
our floor and wall tile are the creamy mocha colour.
going to keep the natural look of the bluestone (for now) i like the darker glossy look with the sealer that we can do after tiles are in if we dont like the natural look.
What do you all think white grout or black grout. This was the look i was after but he likes the white in between the tiles
Feature bluestone tile

Creamy mocha wall and floor tile

The look i wanted

He likes the more light natural style with the white
this is the best photo to show white and black grout.
Our tiles are 300x600
What do you all think?? I need to tell the tiler by tuesday ahh

Dark ground in my opinion. Are they natural bluestone? I thought you had to seal front back and sides before it was laid... That's why I didn't do it. Having said that you can get sealers that's don't Change the appearance of you wanted to maintain that look

C U S T O M. C O R A L. B R O N T E. 43
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=79581
^^^^ me too but it may of only been if the tile was going to get wet i cant remember what the beaumonts lady told me
as we looked at a very similar tile

Natural. They were sealed today with a sealer that gives a natural look. Tiler said afterward we can go over them if we desire the darker gloss look

I think we need to seal our ensuite tile it's getting water marks it looks similar to those tiles

Has anyone upgraded to the Raven Ceaserstone? If yes do you know what the cost was?

And if you have a photo you can show of the finished product that would be fantastic!

Coral Homes - Modified Grange 23

My Thread: viewtopic.php?t=85959
From memory its in the deluxe range so pending where u want to use it will determine costs if just bathooms expect around 250ish if kitchen with waterfall around 800 upwards iirc

NicMac03
I agree with the dark grout option. Will look great!!

I like the dark too

http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=84825 Coral - Marcoola 32
Ok so I just got out of hospital and went to look through the windows of the house because the floors were meant to have started... Yay!
Well got there and not so yay..: they are laying the wrong floor boards!

Can someone please send me a picture of the part in their colour selection paperwork where it says about what floor boards you have chosen?
Whitey22
From memory its in the deluxe range so pending where u want to use it will determine costs if just bathooms expect around 250ish if kitchen with waterfall around 800 upwards iirc

Thank you 😊

Tracyt
Whitey22

Thank you 😊

We upgraded to deluxe in kitchen (not waterfall) & it was $280

BrownDog77
Tracyt
Whitey22

Thank you 😊

Thank you Brown Dog! I love you. 😍 our measurements should be pretty similar as well.

Tracyt
BrownDog77
Tracyt
[quote="Whitey22"]From memory its in the deluxe range so pending where u want to use it will determine costs if just bathooms expect around 250ish if kitchen with waterfall around 800 upwards iirc

Thank you 😊

Thank you Brown Dog! I love you. 😍 our measurements should be pretty similar as well.

My Thread: viewtopic.php?t=85959[/quote]

Your welcome yes I think our kitchens would be the same

Can anyone tell me what happens if coral go over PCI date by two weeks? They have laid the wrong flooring
[quote="caitnkase"]Can anyone tell me what happens if coral go over PCI date by two weeks? They have laid the wrong flooring
/quote]
They have to pay you liquidated damages.. Im not sure if that applies if your earlier than your contract date though

Ryalls_first_build
caitnkase
Can anyone tell me what happens if coral go over PCI date by two weeks? They have laid the wrong flooring
/quote]
They have to pay you liquidated damages.. Im not sure if that applies if your earlier than your contract date though

Thanks Ryalls I'll try and find out
Can anyone tell me where abouts in the contract it mentions paint specs? Everyone seems to have aqua enamel in theres and ours only says dulux..

Related
18/09/2023
General questions about building before I go to my builder

Building A New House

You should check your detail drawings, it may show downpipe within brick pier.

2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

14/04/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

In Qld it is a requirement that a builder must have a cost breakdown, for building a home to the same specification, with the same inclusions and the same finish. So ask…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum