Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes general build thread

Page 217 of 579
Oh firstbuild, I have everything crossed that it's a basic problem with the plaster causing these delays!!!
Let's hope they are at least close with that PCI date!!

Has anybody had a next door neighbour already built and finished( or close to finished) and have put up a dividing fence already? If so were you contacted with a notice of intent to put up a dividing fence? Im in qld so i dont know if its different etiquette here.

Avoca 25 in Gainsborough Greens Gold Coast

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81406
vonsta76
Has anybody had a next door neighbour already built and finished( or close to finished) and have put up a dividing fence already? If so were you contacted with a notice of intent to put up a dividing fence? Im in qld so i dont know if its different etiquette here.

I've also wondered this i thought you were meant to contact the neighbour to make sure you both agree on the fence chosen?
Actually there covenants in my estate which only allow the good neighbour type, and thats what he's put up. So i dont have a problem with the type, moreso that he didnt try to contact me and show me some quotes first. Some people might argue that he doesnt know my name or number, but when I had to get permission from the neighbour on the other side to allow the builders to access his lot( since im on a zero lot boundary), the developer sent an email on my behalf and I was able to get permission from him, no problems. So now im wondering, when i move in, is he going to ask me for half.

Here in qld, you are meant to get a form from QCAT and have the neighbour sign it for approval and provide 3 quotes with the form.

Firstbuild92
I just received our final invoice and notice of practical completion letter for the 03rd June and handover 17th June. Not even close!
SS met a representative from the frame company today and couldn't find any issues so he is meeting someone from the gyprock company tomorrow.

Gosh I really really hope it's easily fixed. If it's just gyprock surely that's a quick fix. I have everything crossed for you. Try and keep your chin up. Hiccups and hold ups are hard but just think every day is a step closer and we are all here to cheer you on

C U S T O M. C O R A L. B R O N T E. 43
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=79581
Our walls are being installed right now and should be done tomorrow. .. please no rain lol

That's looking wonderful, Ryalls. It's a beautiful wall. Fingers crossed!
Did anyone get plumbing put in behind their fridge and if so do you remember the cost?

Also has anyone got coral to put a bank of shelves in their walk in robe, or other built ins? Also the cost of this?

Just trying to think of everything we want added in!
Jessiej
Did anyone get plumbing put in behind their fridge and if so do you remember the cost?

Also has anyone got coral to put a bank of shelves in their walk in robe, or other built ins? Also the cost of this?

$149 for the fridge plumbing. Can't help with wardrobes sorry

C U S T O M. C O R A L. B R O N T E. 43
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=79581
Jessiej

Re walk in robe , someone paid about $1300, she built an avoca 25 but that was last year. Not sure if prices have increased since.

Jessiej

Ours was about $145 from memory, We are doing our own waredrobes after handover
Thank you all, think we will also do the wardrobes after handover
Jessiej

No worries! My best advice is to add as much as possible now because its so much easier then doing variations for everything. Oh and we found that our colour consultant did absolutely no up selling, maybe go through peoples threads and look at their upgrades and speak to your sales consultant about including the items in your tender? Best of luck
Jessiej

We got the water connection. It cost $149

Ryalls_first_build
Jessiej

No worries! My best advice is to add as much as possible now because its so much easier then doing variations for everything. Oh and we found that our colour consultant did absolutely no up selling, maybe go through peoples threads and look at their upgrades and speak to your sales consultant about including the items in your tender? Best of luck

Oh yes thank you I have been stalking everybody's builds haha we are still a while away with waiting for our land to be registered so this forum has been a wealth of knowledge!
Between all of us Jessiej I think we could write Coral's price list!!

I'm happy to provide any prices we have if needed!

I just got an email from my ss that said i need to organise the gas line and meter and chase it up? I didnt know i had to organise all this, i thought coral was meant to set it all up?

vonsta76
I just got an email from my ss that said i need to organise the gas line and meter and chase it up? I didnt know i had to organise all this, i thought coral was meant to set it all up?

That is strange , I would have thought they would organise it all

Manhattan 23 Ormeau Ridge

Follow my build =
viewtopic.php?t=80441

Yup now gotta call him the morning with a please explain! Any updates to registration? Still on for tomorrow hopefully?

Related
18/09/2023
General questions about building before I go to my builder

Building A New House

You should check your detail drawings, it may show downpipe within brick pier.

2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

14/04/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

In Qld it is a requirement that a builder must have a cost breakdown, for building a home to the same specification, with the same inclusions and the same finish. So ask…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum