Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes general build thread

Page 2 of 579
Hey all, we're building a modified Daydream 30 in Logan Village and it seems we are a bit ahead of the rest of you as we are in the final stages and hoping for handover soon, very soon.
Mmmm, we'll see.
cubshome
Haha well maybe it was a good idea for you to start the general thread then and keeps us coralers in line

My partner and I are heading to my parents this Xmas up in Brisbane and I'm wondering where bouts there are some display homes apart from the Gold Coast? We will be driving up to brissy so anything on the way would be good. We are also heading to Sydney this weekend and wouldn't mind know where there are some on the Central Coast? Leppington might be a bit too far for my partner....ergo stuff it I'm just going to say Luke instead lol... To either drive or be driven as he can get a bit bored with some house things. I made him go to masters with me to have a look at some locks for the internal garage access door and I could tell he wasn't in the mood. I was quite happy to walk around and look at all the rugs, fittings, lights, garden ideas and door locks
wouldn't have been better with a sausage sizzle in hand for charity. Well that's one main reason I head to Bunnings or masters at lunch time haha

Ok, so we are on the south side of Brisbane, actually in Logan, but there are Coral displays in Ormeau which is on the way to the Gold Coast, Yarrabilba, which is out near where we are at Logan Village and the newest display is at Springfield Lakes which is out near Ipswich and not that far from Esk, maybe 30mins. They have the Daydream 30 and the Noosa 29.
Hope that helps.

Hi everyone,just going through some of our photos, 1 & 2 # pendant for our entry hallway(I love it,it looks better then the photo shows), 3 # carpet for mediaroom , its a black carpet with a stripe( it's actually,a lot blacker than the phone shows), 4 # carpet for master,beds 2,3 4, activity room,study and rear hallway(it's a beige/ taupe colour),we're having tiles for the rest of the floors. 5 # our ensuite/bathroom
Colours cupboards parchment silk finish,Benchtop Caesar stone latte.
I'll put more up when I get home from work,there's not enough hours in the day at
the moment, my son just reminded me that we haven't put our Christmas Tree up yet,will do tonight, have a good day everyone

Nice colour and light choices jul33m1! We are still deciding on pendants but might have a few in mind.

Yeah we might head to the Ipswich way ones and maybe the ormeau ones. Just depends what road we take to travel up there.

we received our 6th contract variation stating that the portico slab will be included with the driveway. We were a bit surprised as we were told that since we had the alfresco we couldn't have the portico done as part of the slab and that we had to work out what to do with the portico. Though the variation isn't costing us anything so not too sure what happened. We replied asking why the change so let's see what they say.

Hi cubshome, I think Coral HO make a lot of mistakes,they probably realised that your
portico slab was part of want they have to do for you, it makes sense if their doing alfresco and driveway that they would do the portico,good news it's not costing any extra.
Let us know what the display homes are like in Ipswich, we might take a trip the end of
January. Off to work now,talk later,Julie
Hi all. Just stumbled across this thread and thought I would join the mix.
We are building a MSP Winton at Upper Kedron in Brisbane's North West. We have just been given our start date... 16 December!!
Hi s_mack,is that a Coral Home? Congratulation on site start date,Julie
Thanks Julie. The Winton is in the Coral Homes Acreage design range, though we have made so many modifications you wouldn't recognise it a Winton anymore

We looked at so many designs, but ultimately it came down to a design that would enable us to tick the few 'must have' boxes we had set for ourselves. eg living areas facing north, and as little as possible on the hot western side. As we are on a corner block, with the long, street facing side of the land looking north... the acreage style house just seemed to fit. Well actually, we had to make it fit, which is where our SC was so helpful and why the floor plan no longer looks like the original. We sat down one day, cut up all the rooms of the Winton and glued them back down where we wanted things - 9 months later we now have a start date!
Julie, I like your pendant. We're looking for something similar, but less dangly. The boys tend to play soccer in the house, despite being told not to repeatedly!

Welcome s_mack! I just had a look at the Winton - very nice. It's quite similar to a lot of the other Coral designs, but turned on it's side. I still prefer the Coral designs over any other builder. I guess that's lucky at this stage huh? LOL

We've had sick kids for the past five days. I'm home again today with #3 who created quite the spectacle in line for Santa yesterday - that was fun to clean up! I'm feel a bit off myself and can't seem to focus on getting the house stuff done. The certifiers are waiting for a bunch of stuff from me, but I can't scan it til I'm back at work. Very frustrating and annoying.
Thanks Mellywil, I know what you mean about the Coral home designs. Something about their displays (and the early interaction with our Sales Consultant at North Lakes just felt right). I guess we were lucky the registration and handover of the land was 5 months behind schedule as this gave us ample time to get the house exactly the way we wanted it. Also very lucky to have a SC who was incredibly patient and a hoot to deal with as well.
Have really enjoyed reading everyone's threads, and am toying with the idea of starting my own to document the build. We are on the pendant hunt at the moment too. Hoping for something simple but colourful as we have intentionally gone quite muted with the colours of the tiles/bench etc.
Hi s_mack, you should definitely start posting photos and plans.
We Coral Builders all love sharing stories,photos etc I look
forward to following your build,I would really like to see what
your plans are like. In 10years once our youngest has finished
school we are planning on moving to the country,somewhere
with a few acres,we love acreage designed homes. Julie
So I think I have worked out how to post pics. Here is the heavily modified Winton. Major additions were the study nook, walk in pantry, powder room and ensuite redesign. All of which came at the expense of the massive outdoor living area which is now down to about half its original length. We have asked for two more changes which should be reflected on final drawings, shifting bed 2 door and the downpipe running down the timber posts on the outdoor living area.

I see what you mean about lots of changes to the original winton layout! I like the fact Coral are happy to change their designs to suit. I like what you have done and think it works well. Lots of storage space. I think that ensuite layout is very popular - we have changed ours to that also. When do you start? Looking forward to following your progress. Do you have photos of your selections to post?
Hi daydream_build, no you wouldn't recognise it at all, that was a running joke with our SC. Not sure why they continue to call it the Winton on the plans, but I guess they have to put some name to it. We are really happy with the way it's come together, and Coral were more than happy to butcher their design for us!! Though I still wonder whether I've got enough storage. I do have pics of some of our selections, but have upgraded the iPad since taking them. Will drag them out and post when I have a moment.
Start date for us is 16 December. One more week!!!

The plans look great s_mack! Looks like it will be a beautiful family home, will be good to follow your build
Thanks Ash. Many months spent getting it all together but happy with result. A few people we know think we are crazy for building a 4 bedder as it is just the two of us (and a couple of budgies). But the area we are building is heavily family oriented so the sensible part of me had to build something to suit us now and (heaven forbid) resale later.
Have read your thread with interest too. Sounds like we fell from the same tree as far as planning and organisation goes. You have it all sorted! Won't be long before your start date rolls around.

I love your design s_mack,can't wait to see photos of your selections.
It will be the 16th before you know it. Exciting times ahead for us all,
everyone's builds have either just started or will be very soon.
Nice design s_mack. I'm envious of all you guys who can fiddle with a design to get it just the way you like it. We have no ability in that area at all. If it's not right in front of us, we don't see it!

I've decided to hand over the demo stuff to the certifier. I've decided whatever they want to charge us for it will be worth it since I can't seem to get my head around the process through council. Kinda freaking out that we're supposed to be moving/demolishing NEXT MONTH. Holy cow that's soon!
Nice design s_mack!

@Mellywil, councils love to take their time and definitely don't make things easy.

Went to the slab today and we have a frame
heaps of pics on my thread so I don't spam this one with so many pictures haha

Related
18/09/2023
General questions about building before I go to my builder

Building A New House

You should check your detail drawings, it may show downpipe within brick pier.

2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

14/04/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

In Qld it is a requirement that a builder must have a cost breakdown, for building a home to the same specification, with the same inclusions and the same finish. So ask…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum