Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes general build thread

Page 577 of 579
shinslinger66
Hi,

Can anyone tell me if Coral alfresco slab, when coral are doing the tiling if this should include tiles on the sides? Our build is nearing completion and the site manager said coral does not tile the side of the alfresco slab?

Thanks,
Peter

We had Coral tile our alfresco last year and they don't tile the side.
shinslinger66
Hi,

Can anyone tell me if Coral alfresco slab, when coral are doing the tiling if this should include tiles on the sides? Our build is nearing completion and the site manager said coral does not tile the side of the alfresco slab?

Thanks,
Peter

I checked ours, we do not have tiles on sides. It is only in top and the trims.
Ok thank you. I would of thought that there would of been tiles on the sides...
Anyone having issues with the vanity mirrors??

Our vanity mirror looks freckled on the centre. Like old mirror. Tried glass cleaner and it doesnt seem to go. Is this something to do with mirror manufacturing?

Can anyone please help. Should I ask coral to replace it??🙁
shinslinger66
Ok thank you. I would of thought that there would of been tiles on the sides...

I thought the same but we have to bring the outer area to the slab level so I have seen few people pouring concrete to the sides of whole house in tat case it would waste I guess 🤷‍♀️
Has anyone built the Coral Homes Baltimore 32?
We have built the Daydream 32 and are looking at putting in ducted air conditioning. What brands and types of systems have people gone with?

Thanks 😊
MrsAJ

Our vanity mirror looks freckled on the centre. Like old mirror. Tried glass cleaner and it doesnt seem to go. Is this something to do with mirror manufacturing?

If your home is still in accepted fix time frame after Coral finished it (6 months or so I think), definitely ask Coral for a replacement.
Harweeeee
MrsAJ

If your home is still in accepted fix time frame after Coral finished it (6 months or so I think), definitely ask Coral for a replacement.

Thank you for ur reply. Yes. We sent out an email and they said they will take a look at the end of 1yr period. I have emailed them again asking to fix asap as we have family coming over for Christmas.
shinslinger66
Hi,

Thanks,
Peter

Hi Peter,

Coral will not do the tiling of the sides because it becomes a problem to them when the tiles get kicked out of place and they have to fix it as a warranty claim. It should not be hard to do it yourself or just render and smoothen the sides with cement.

Cheers,
Patrick
MrsAJ
Harweeeee
MrsAJ

Thank you for ur reply. Yes. We sent out an email and they said they will take a look at the end of 1yr period. I have emailed them again asking to fix asap as we have family coming over for Christmas.

That's great. Hope they fix it soon !
Harweeeee
MrsAJ
Harweeeee
[quote="MrsAJ"]Anyone having issues with the vanity mirrors??

Can anyone please help. Should I ask coral to replace it??

That's great. Hope they fix it soon ![/quote]Ooh we have this problem too but have been in the house for 2 years so I'm guessing they wouldn't fix it now.

Can anyone fill me in about what we can do about problems that pop up after a couple of years?????
We've been in our house for 2 years and I've just noticed that tiles along the shower wall are cracking in a semi circle shape. There's about 6 of them and when you push on them they move slightly. Not sure what we can do and who we contact. Any help would be great, thanks!!

NicMac03
Can anyone fill me in about what we can do about problems that pop up after a couple of years?????
We've been in our house for 2 years and I've just noticed that tiles along the shower wall are cracking in a semi circle shape. There's about 6 of them and when you push on them they move slightly. Not sure what we can do and who we contact. Any help would be great, thanks!!

It would be a warranty claim. Refer to this link - https://coralhomes.com.au/maintenance/product-warranty-guide-brisbane-gold-coast-sunshine-coast

We had an issue with our aircon controller and we contacted Coral. They gave me the right number to ring and it was replaced under warranty.
bestspecials
NicMac03

It would be a warranty claim. Refer to this link - https://coralhomes.com.au/maintenance/product-warranty-guide-brisbane-gold-coast-sunshine-coast

We had an issue with our aircon controller and we contacted Coral. They gave me the right number to ring and it was replaced under warranty.

Which aircon brand and model (which device) was faulty for you?
indo26slate
bestspecials
NicMac03

Which aircon brand and model (which device) was faulty for you?

It was the MyAir Tablet on the wall. It just died, so they replaced it. The Aircon is great.
Hi All, has anyone built the Baltimore 32 by Coral Homes?
https://coralhomes.com.au/new-homes/home-designs/baltimore
indo26slate

we are building that one; still in the tender to contract stage;
maxmahh
indo26slate

we are building that one; still in the tender to contract stage;

Me too, I haven't signed on yet. Where abouts are you building?
Hi all,

We have just finished our electrical appointment and we requested to have our vanity powerpoints to be install inside the vanities however we were told Coral no longer allows this. I'm wondering if anyone has had this same issue and if it is possible to talk to the electrician doing the job to see if they're willing to move them from above vanity to inside vanity?
Related
18/09/2023
General questions about building before I go to my builder

Building A New House

You should check your detail drawings, it may show downpipe within brick pier.

2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

14/04/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

In Qld it is a requirement that a builder must have a cost breakdown, for building a home to the same specification, with the same inclusions and the same finish. So ask…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum