Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes general build thread

Page 570 of 579
Can anyone please help....
We are having Steel frames so do we have to inform our SS where we will b hanging our clock or photos so they can do something like noggings in frame stage or we can just hang them anywhere after handover without any issues?

Please Help.
MrsAJ
We are having Steel frames so do we have to inform our SS where we will b hanging our clock or photos so they can do something like noggings in frame stage or we can just hang them anywhere after handover without any issues?

Please Help.

Have a chat to your ss, normally you can organise a cash job with the chippy, some even do it for free.

You can still hang things without extra Noggins, it’s just harder.

xjanex
MrsAJ

Please Help.

Have a chat to your ss, normally you can organise a cash job with the chippy, some even do it for free.

You can still hang things without extra Noggins, it’s just harder.

Thanks xjanex. SS said he will send us a quote. I wasn't aware we can hang them anywhere on steel frames. Thanks for letting us know. One of our friend said he tried to hang a poster and the wall got a big cavity. That scared me.
Hi All,

Need help - how much does the sparky usually charge for cash job for extra double power point inside and outside the job??
Any costing for the tracking lights??
Anyone please reply.
We added an extra power point with the sparky and was the same price as going through Clipsal.
bestspecials
We added an extra power point with the sparky and was the same price as going through Clipsal.

Thanks for letting me know. I thought we are being ripped. If I had known earlier I would just done it with clipsal.

Our SS is so bad 😭 we wanted to add extra noggings for which he initially quoted $200 but now he says "If you go through Coral you have to pay admin fees itself $200 so we can't do in this and charging us $500" poor hubby had to deal with all this. πŸ™
Is anyone else experiencing small shocks from their oven and range hood? We have tried to contact Coral but they are not replying. I think I need a shock so I can turn around and sue them...they might listen then!
Corallake
Is anyone else experiencing small shocks from their oven and range hood? We have tried to contact Coral but they are not replying. I think I need a shock so I can turn around and sue them...they might listen then!
Call the electrical contractor that did your installation. You wont be able to sue coral over it. But the lecco should be over to look at it same day if they are any good.

Whitey22
Corallake

Call the electrical contractor that did your installation. You wont be able to sue coral over it. But the lecco should be over to look at it same day if they are any good.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, it is his fault but the only way to contact him is through Coral.
Corallake
Whitey22
Corallake

Thanks for the reply. Yes, it is his fault but the only way to contact him is through Coral.
No worries threaten coral with getting a contractor out and them footing the bill due to the safety risks

Are you getting tingles from anything else in the house ? Taps etc ?

MrsAJ
bestspecials

Thanks for letting me know. I thought we are being ripped. If I had known earlier I would just done it with clipsal.

Our SS is so bad 😭 we wanted to add extra noggings for which he initially quoted $200 but now he says "If you go through Coral you have to pay admin fees itself $200 so we can't do in this and charging us $500" poor hubby had to deal with all this. πŸ™

Our ss put noggins in for free. I think we added 5.
Also our electrition charged us $800 cash for
Install 5 fans/lights, 3 pendants, 2 heat light exhaust combos, 5 outdoor spotlights, 4 extra PowerPoints, and the tv antanna.
Tash801
MrsAJ
bestspecials

Install 5 fans/lights, 3 pendants, 2 heat light exhaust combos, 5 outdoor spotlights, 4 extra PowerPoints, and the tv antanna.

Wow! Lucky you. Thanks for letting us know. We r being charged $600 by electrician to add 4 power points and 2 downlights. Noggings as I mentioned they charged $200 😭 in which he did not put nogging for TV and speakers. I hate our SS.
We are being charged for each by electrician say for one PowerPoint he is charging just $10 less compared to clipsal. Total rip off. They know we badly need them and at this stage as they wish.
Help please - In Ensuite shower, we have shower head on one side and hand shower on other side. As per the final modified plan the mixer for shower head is on right hand side. We have been telling our SS about it to change it but he is not doing it not sure why. We even showed him the plans but he is just giving excuse that it is left that is usually comfortable. Anyone with shower head can send me the picture please on where the mixer should be.
MrsAJ
Help please - In Ensuite shower, we have shower head on one side and hand shower on other side. As per the final modified plan the mixer for shower head is on right hand side. We have been telling our SS about it to change it but he is not doing it not sure why. We even showed him the plans but he is just giving excuse that it is left that is usually comfortable. Anyone with shower head can send me the picture please on where the mixer should be.

Email head office. If you have it in the plans how you want it HE needs to make it happen. Don't take any excuses from him.
MrsAJ
Tash801
MrsAJ
[quote="bestspecials"]We added an extra power point with the sparky and was the same price as going through Clipsal.

Our SS is so bad
we wanted to add extra noggings for which he initially quoted $200 but now he says "If you go through Coral you have to pay admin fees itself $200 so we can't do in this and charging us $500" poor hubby had to deal with all this.

Wow! Lucky you. Thanks for letting us know. We r being charged $600 by electrician to add 4 power points and 2 downlights. Noggings as I mentioned they charged $200
in which he did not put nogging for TV and speakers. I hate our SS.[/quote]Thats normal pricing and cheaper than most for ur lecco do you expect him to work for nothing his gotta make a living too. 120-135 a powerpoint and 75-95 a downlight you would be looking at paying.
I would be more annoyed about ur 200 noggins
unless you plan on hanging something super heavy in the spots theres no need

How much is aircon point with no connection they would charge? Is it necessary to do now?
MrsAJ
How much is aircon point with no connection they would charge? Is it necessary to do now?
What type of aircon do you plan on getting ?

The Yanks have got all this ceiling fan installation done and dusted with their safety brace systems - the pay about $20 for a unit, it shove up and into the ceiling space through a 100mm hole in the gyprock extends out and bites into the trusses with some metal teeth. Ah, ingenuity. (Mind you, there's still the wiring to be organised!) And none of this really helps us, sorry.

installing Ceiling Fan Ceiling Electrical Box
Related
18/09/2023
General questions about building before I go to my builder

Building A New House

You should check your detail drawings, it may show downpipe within brick pier.

2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

14/04/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

In Qld it is a requirement that a builder must have a cost breakdown, for building a home to the same specification, with the same inclusions and the same finish. So ask…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum