Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes general build thread

Page 568 of 579
bestspecials
Thank you so much. That's nice and bright. We will keep that as an option for sure.
MrsAJ
Hi,
Did anyone have a customer service officer who never attends your calls and not bothered to return your calls? Plz advice how do I go about with just emails flowing up and down and no proper communication.

Does the commencement letter from bank mentions anything about the start date or that's provided by Coral?

We are on our third customer service officer now and she is great! Calls me every single Tuesday.
The 2 before her were terrible though. Only heard from them once or twice in 4 months!
amyelizabeth137
MrsAJ
Hi,
Did anyone have a customer service officer who never attends your calls and not bothered to return your calls? Plz advice how do I go about with just emails flowing up and down and no proper communication.

Does the commencement letter from bank mentions anything about the start date or that's provided by Coral?

We are on our third customer service officer now and she is great! Calls me every single Tuesday.
The 2 before her were terrible though. Only heard from them once or twice in 4 months!

That's great now that you have a good customer service officer. I have no idea when she did call us. I have to call her daily asking for variations etc and she doesn't pick up. Then I email her asking me to call me🤦‍♀️
Hi all!

Its been 4 months since we moved in to our home on the central coast. All is well! Not many faults to report. We have a Coral Homes maintenance inspection happening on Tuesday next week to sort a few minor things.

More generally, we have almost finished building the mother of all retaining walls down the southern side of the house to maximise our yard space since we are not level with the street. Budget blew out by 75% that put a sizable hole in our savings - but pleased it is almost done.

Once the retaining wall is up, we can focus on making a nice functional backyard.
MrsAJ
amyelizabeth137
MrsAJ
Hi,

That's great now that you have a good customer service officer. I have no idea when she did call us. I have to call her daily asking for variations etc and she doesn't pick up. Then I email her asking me to call me🤦‍♀️

That's so frustrating! I know how you feel
Hi All,

Is it more cost effective to do security and monitors after hand over for a two storey house?

I Also wanted to add in the last two weeks i stopped receiving communication back from head office.
I think it could be because the holidays are just around the corner and they are on a skeleton team like most places around this time of the year.
Good stuff. Good luck with your builds everyone.
Hi,

Does anyone have a picture of the standard stairs for two storey house?
I am finding it really hard to visualise it when it completed.

Thank You
DarrenMonash
Hi,

Thank You

Not sure what you mean but here are ours. As mush as we love the open stairs something had to give... On the plus side we use the underside of the stairs as shoe storage and coat room.
Corallake
DarrenMonash
Hi,

Thank You

Not sure what you mean but here are ours. As mush as we love the open stairs something had to give... On the plus side we use the underside of the stairs as shoe storage and coat room.

Thank You. That is actually helpful.

I got the standard stairs and couldn't visualise it at all as it looks like
it's closed in. Like there would be a wall on all sides. here is the pic we got from our colour consultant.
The Monash is slightly different than our Bronte. I take it that you have seen the 3-D imagining on Coral's site. That has the glass rather than the railing.
Corallake
The Monash is slightly different than our Bronte. I take it that you have seen the 3-D imagining on Coral's site. That has the glass rather than the railing.

I went to the display house a few times and hopefully i get the same thing just with rails instead of glass.
I’m building a Monash as well, standard will be plasterboard and not rails, it will have a wooden banister ( handle) running along the inside edge.
Cracked mortar:

Hey guys. Has anyone here had issues with mortar? Looking for some advise regarding how Coral handled it. Happy to be PMed.

Thanks
Twigy
I’m building a Monash as well, standard will be plasterboard and not rails, it will have a wooden banister ( handle) running along the inside edge.

How are you finding the process so far with Head office ?
DarrenMonash
Twigy

Not the best to be honest I have had a number of problems with them, they changed the plans on me delayed the build by a number of weeks. I had my slab down 5 weeks before they started framing.

Supervisor tells me he also has a number of issues with head office and they are bad in sending updated plans etc
Twigy
DarrenMonash
Twigy

Not the best to be honest I have had a number of problems with them, they changed the plans on me delayed the build by a number of weeks. I had my slab down 5 weeks before they started framing.

Supervisor tells me he also has a number of issues with head office and they are bad in sending updated plans etc

Wow. They seem to be dropping the ball lately.

I haven't started the construction phase yet but I feel like they discourage from certain changes in a house that I plan to live in for the rest of our lives.
Had our tiles appointment today 😊

Floor tiles

En-suite

Main bathroom, laundry and toilet

Kitchen splash back tiles

Happy New Year! We finally got our start date and it's on February 13th 2019 (Just before Valentines day) Can anyone please tell us what happens on start date? Do they actually start on that date?
Hi guys wondering if you could all help me we through complying development and was just wondering if any omg you in the same boat received an interim occupancy certificate. We have no occupancy certificate at and have been told we don’t need one? I’m unsure if this is correct as it was my understanding that you could not occupy a building without one?
Related
18/09/2023
General questions about building before I go to my builder

Building A New House

You should check your detail drawings, it may show downpipe within brick pier.

2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

14/04/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

In Qld it is a requirement that a builder must have a cost breakdown, for building a home to the same specification, with the same inclusions and the same finish. So ask…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum