Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes general build thread

Page 562 of 579
Sorry don't know why double post.

Tips:
Book both shops if u can. I was adamant to go with b.mont but went with national because of the consultant. B.mont lady just stood there and all she did was enter the product code into her excel spreadsheet to calculate cost.

Don't sign off straight away. Take it home and think about. They will allow some changes.

Whatever price of product you see, allow 30 to 50% cost on top to lay if you go outside corals range.

My flooring promo was free, thus I didn't get any credit for taking tiles out or any upgrades.

If you paid for flooring option, most project builders factor $20 per sqm. Whether they use this figure to offset your upgrades, I don't know.

My tile selections came back at approx $4000.

For:
Full floor to ceiling high tiled for bathroom and ensuite. Both rooms have 1x feature wall played brickbomd and herringbone. Wall tiles are from standard 450x450 range. Same with floors 450x450 standard.

Feature wall is bevelled carrara @ $50 per sqm

Splashback has same feature wall. I have an exposed range hood canopy and splash back tile goes all the way up to ceiling. I also did my laundry splashback with herringbone for a 2.2mx0.4m area. Tile is crayon something... at $80 or Sqm.

Hope that gives you an idea
katsudon98

Tips:
Book both shops if u can. I was adamant to go with b.mont but went with national because of the consultant. B.mont lady just stood there and all she did was enter the product code into her excel spreadsheet to calculate cost.

Don't sign off straight away. Take it home and think about. They will allow some changes.

Whatever price of product you see, allow 30 to 50% cost on top to lay if you go outside corals range.

My flooring promo was free, thus I didn't get any credit for taking tiles out or any upgrades.

If you paid for flooring option, most project builders factor $20 per sqm. Whether they use this figure to offset your upgrades, I don't know.

For:
Full floor to ceiling high tiled for bathroom and ensuite. Both rooms have 1x feature wall played brickbomd and herringbone. Wall tiles are from standard 450x450 range. Same with floors 450x450 standard.

Splashback has same feature wall. I have an exposed range hood canopy and splash back tile goes all the way up to ceiling. I also did my laundry splashback with herringbone for a 2.2mx0.4m area. Tile is crayon something... at $80 or Sqm.

Thank you so much for your reply. This gives me so much idea and rethink abt our selections. We are also thinking of doing bevelled carrara gloss for one side of wall.

I m eager to see your selections. Did they charge extra at N.tiles for Forest wood look tile for main areas?
What about one side of the wall with forest tile (standard tile) is that considered as feature wall and charged again or is it just considered standard and no charge will incur? Inside shower one wall we r planning to do forest tile and take it till tub. Will they charge extra for this?

I have messaged you or other questions. Thanks.

MrsAJ
katsudon98

Tips:

For:

Thank you so much for your reply. This gives me so much idea and rethink abt our selections. We are also thinking of doing bevelled carrara gloss for one side of wall.

I m eager to see your selections. Did they charge extra at N.tiles for Forest wood look tile for main areas?
What about one side of the wall with forest tile (standard tile) is that considered as feature wall and charged again or is it just considered standard and no charge will incur? Inside shower one wall we r planning to do forest tile and take it till tub. Will they charge extra for this?

We have family to assist with laying tiles after hand over. We are going with the wood look tile from nationals at 1200x230 $60 per sqm. Forgot the name

The bathrooms we chose Atlantis grey

Feature wall, bevelled carrara to splashback in brick bond, herringbone to ensuite and brick bond to bath.

Laundry, we just crayon ....something. it's a pistachio coloured laid in brick bond.

Wip is 6mx2.2m long and will have a 3m stone bench top. We selected 2 different color subway tile from standard range and getting them to lay it herringbone. White and grey subway.
katsudon98
MrsAJ
katsudon98

Tips:

For:

We have family to assist with laying tiles after hand over. We are going with the wood look tile from nationals at 1200x230 $60 per sqm. Forgot the name

The bathrooms we chose Atlantis grey

Feature wall, bevelled carrara to splashback in brick bond, herringbone to ensuite and brick bond to bath.

Laundry, we just crayon ....something. it's a pistachio coloured laid in brick bond.

Wip is 6mx2.2m long and will have a 3m stone bench top. We selected 2 different color subway tile from standard range and getting them to lay it herringbone. White and grey subway.

I love your selections. Our taste are kinda similar but ours is very smaller version πŸ™‚

Wood look tile 150x900mm, if very expensive then jump to 300x600 forest woodlook tile.

Bathrooms we have chosen Atlantis ghiaccio, if they say forest 600x300 extra for laying in wet areas.

Kitchen spalsh back we have very small area to tile so leaning towards sandstone marble white which is rectified so again based on cost might change to standard tile with 2 colors white and grey. Herringbone charge that you mentioned is it only for ensuite or both wip and ensuite?

When is ur colour selections and electricals? Eager to see what you choose for colours. Yiu r selections are amazing.
Herringbone to ensuite and WIP.

Building once so going all out. Colour n electrical 31st and 1st nov. Going bare min with clipsal and pay sparky on site cash for most of upgrades.

Going with 40mm white attica (s.natural) stone, with shaker profile cabinets for kitchen. Keeping wip standard range.
Will have a wall over tower. Have 17 pot drawers all with soft close. AEG 80cm induction cooktop. Sirius range hood with motor to be installed external of house and has 1200 cubic meters air suction. The WIP will have 3x2 ppt banks with over head open shelves. Opposite that side will house a 5m long 5 level melamine shelves.

Going light grey walls. Whole house will be rendered as required by estate. Will be getting LEDs around whole kitchen.
Upgrading sink to undermount and pull out tap. Upgrading pull out bin under sink.
Probably more to add. I might post a list and costings afterwards to give people an idea of costings.

Building milan 24. Base price $175k. Sitting at $275k now. Total build would come close to $320k after color, tile hand over.
katsudon98
Herringbone to ensuite and WIP.

Building once so going all out. Colour n electrical 31st and 1st nov. Going bare min with clipsal and pay sparky on site cash for most of upgrades.

Going with 40mm white attica (s.natural) stone, with shaker profile cabinets for kitchen. Keeping wip standard range.
Will have a wall over tower. Have 17 pot drawers all with soft close. AEG 80cm induction cooktop. Sirius range hood with motor to be installed external of house and has 1200 cubic meters air suction. The WIP will have 3x2 ppt banks with over head open shelves. Opposite that side will house a 5m long 5 level melamine shelves.

Going light grey walls. Whole house will be rendered as required by estate. Will be getting LEDs around whole kitchen.
Upgrading sink to undermount and pull out tap. Upgrading pull out bin under sink.
Probably more to add. I might post a list and costings afterwards to give people an idea of costings.

Building milan 24. Base price $175k. Sitting at $275k now. Total build would come close to $320k after color, tile hand over.

Beautiful selections. Your plan is very nice. Looking forward to see your build. Good luck with ur colours and electricals. We have it around the same time.
katsudon98
Hi

Here's what I know. Did my selections few days for both b
Mont and nat.

300x600 is the standard for b
Mont for walls that wont in our labour fee. Anything beyond that size, will incur extra labour fee. 450x450 is max for floor. Similar rule applies for larger size.

To work out price walls, double the cost of product = cost for lay and supply.

Brick bond pattern is approx $6per sqm. Herringbone = $14 per sqm.

At National tiles are we allowed 300x600 tiles for wet area floors that's in standard range??
As I asked earlier if we are putting floor tile to one side wall is that standard or considered as feature wall? Any ideas on this plz.
MrsAJ
katsudon98
Hi

Here's what I know. Did my selections few days for both b
Mont and nat.

300x600 is the standard for b
Mont for walls that wont in our labour fee. Anything beyond that size, will incur extra labour fee. 450x450 is max for floor. Similar rule applies for larger size.

To work out price walls, double the cost of product = cost for lay and supply.

Brick bond pattern is approx $6per sqm. Herringbone = $14 per sqm.

At National tiles are we allowed 300x600 tiles for wet area floors that's in standard range??
As I asked earlier if we are putting floor tile to one side wall is that standard or considered as feature wall? Any ideas on this plz.

Unsure to your 300x600, question but I did see it available for selection. So presume yes.

I think you are getting a little confused. It doesn't matter whether it's a feature wall or standard tiles. They will allow it and will cost you accordingly. My previous posts talks about rough estimates. You can virtually get any tiles for anywhere if you wanted to. I even enquired 1200x600 tiles and was allowed. The larger and more the tile, the they charge for labour.

As for selection, I've mentioned before.

Bevelled carrara tile as feature everywhere.
Auto spell sorry.
I meant the larger and more delicate the tile is, the more they will charge for labour
katsudon98
Auto spell sorry.
I meant the larger and more delicate the tile is, the more they will charge for labour

Thanks. Sorry was confused. πŸ™‚πŸ€ͺ
Hi Everyone,

We finished our tile appointment and waiting for cost and as expected change of mind.

Any tips just before going for colour selection at gold coast would be much appreciated.

We are just blank.

We have chosen Forest Natural wood look tile for main areas.

What about inner wall colour to match?
Cabinet colours.
Kitchen benchtop is ice snow.
Any suggestions for vanity benchtop colours?
How much is the toilet upgrade?
Black dual shower pricing?
Is there only one option for pullout bin?

We just went once to Gold coast as it was very difficult with toddler tantrums πŸ€·β€β™€οΈπŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ

Thanks everyone for helping with the Tiles 😊
Hi all, has anyone swapped their tiles for vinyl planks with the carpet and tile promo? They are available at National Tiles which Coral use, just wondering if they allow them if it’s only tiles.
Thanks in advance!
MissLMB
Hi all, has anyone swapped their tiles for vinyl planks with the carpet and tile promo? They are available at National Tiles which Coral use, just wondering if they allow them if it’s only tiles.
Thanks in advance!

Hi!

Yes they let us swap to vinyl range 1. Goes up to range 6 I think so to upgrade range we will have to pay. All the vinyl is at the coral showroom with the carpet. Hope this helps
MrsAJ
Hi Everyone,

We finished our tile appointment and waiting for cost and as expected change of mind.

Any tips just before going for colour selection at gold coast would be much appreciated.

We are just blank.

Cabinet colours.

We just went once to Gold coast as it was very difficult with toddler tantrums πŸ€·β€β™€οΈπŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ

First of all, all the best for your color selection. Don't feel blankk - look at pre-start color selection pdf which should have been sent to you by now. Have some ideas about color matching - from roof tiles, gutter, fascia down to external wall (if it bricks its color or if render paint color, garage door. Try giving some contrast to wall and garage door.
Interior walls (only one color is allowed basic - any additional color incur additional costs), skirting board, squar set colors - we did with slight variation colors.

We did match Kitchen bench top stone (night sky) and overhead cupboards (but with variatiob back to dark-grey) and total contrast to under bench with polar white glossy (upgrade) and same to island bench. You can do same for back panel of island bench depending on floor colors - Contrast bench to back panel.

So on.... Watch time - you are likely to spend/take long on initial items like roof, bricks, doors etc as they are selected first. But move on as kitchen/cupboards etc needs bit time as they have lot of options (cupboards) to select from.

Keep your calculator (phone) - add upgrade costs as you go and you will have some ideas how much left in ur allowances/target. Remember, each and every item has options to upgrade and have some ideas about which and where you are going to upgrade (but you can delete upgrades during, but might be loosing time as well)...
Kevinmarques89
MissLMB
Thanks in advance!

Hi!

Yes they let us swap to vinyl range 1. Goes up to range 6 I think so to upgrade range we will have to pay. All the vinyl is at the coral showroom with the carpet. Hope this helps

Thanks, I might go down and have a look before our appointment.
s-X-s
MrsAJ
Hi Everyone,

We are just blank.

Cabinet colours.

First of all, all the best for your color selection. Don't feel blankk - look at pre-start color selection pdf which should have been sent to you by now. Have some ideas about color matching - from roof tiles, gutter, fascia down to external wall (if it bricks its color or if render paint color, garage door. Try giving some contrast to wall and garage door.
Interior walls (only one color is allowed basic - any additional color incur additional costs), skirting board, squar set colors - we did with slight variation colors.

We did match Kitchen bench top stone (night sky) and overhead cupboards (but with variatiob back to dark-grey) and total contrast to under bench with polar white glossy (upgrade) and same to island bench. You can do same for back panel of island bench depending on floor colors - Contrast bench to back panel.

So on.... Watch time - you are likely to spend/take long on initial items like roof, bricks, doors etc as they are selected first. But move on as kitchen/cupboards etc needs bit time as they have lot of options (cupboards) to select from.

Keep your calculator (phone) - add upgrade costs as you go and you will have some ideas how much left in ur allowances/target. Remember, each and every item has options to upgrade and have some ideas about which and where you are going to upgrade (but you can delete upgrades during, but might be loosing time as well)...

Hi s-X-s,

Thank you so much for your time and your suggestions.

We did look at our prestart pdf and have finalised few things but still not sure on the colours as it looks way too different in visualiser, pintrest and booklets

That's a great tip to have a calculator open and i will surely keep calculating the cost as and when they let us know. thanks for that

Here are few things we have finalised:

Facade - Mornington
Roof - Basalt
Gutter - Monument or Basalt (Any suggestions)
Fascia - Surfmist
Outer Render colours (Near Garage and Door) - White(not sure which white never knew there are so..................many whites)
Pier Render - Something Darker to match the Roof ( Any suggestions)
Door Colour - Ebony or Rich Chocolate (I love the darker doors, not sure how it looks in person)
Floor - Forest Natural Tile in Brickbond (That's what our Tile designer said us) Some say 1/3 offset.
Grout - So confusing whether to go with Standard or upgrade Silk grout colour?

Here comes more confusion.....................
Kitchen benchtop sticking with standard - Ice Snow
Breakfast bar panel - White or Match the flooring???
Cabinets - Lower thinking of going white and upper something darker (Any suggestions)

I am not sure the difference between Silk and Standard white cabinet.

Bricks - First thought lighter shade as our roof is slightly dark. But then reading forum came to know Off white mortar is upgrade cost. Now have to think of some brick to match the standard mortar?????

Internal Colour something lighter shade, again not sure whther white based or grey based (Any suggestion)

Sorry for clogging this page with our selections

Can I see your kitchen pictures please. Do you have a forum page of ur build?

Thanks once again!!
Mrs AJ,

Not sure what windows colours you are looking at, but we did Coal Tiles, Monument Gutter, Surfmist Fascia, Surfmist Windows, Surfmist Garage Door, Merbau front door, Linseed render, Mt Eden Pillars. This could be a similar look that you are looking for.

What colour window frames are you thinking? We tossed up between surfmist and monument and decided on surfmist as we liked the way the door frames worked with the floor colour.

This could help for the lighter brick colour you are looking for the rest of the house.

We got the Silk cupboard doors for overhead cupboards, above the fridge and the gable between the fridge and the bench top was around $450. That was the photo I put on your page.

With regards to wall colour, go into display homes and work out what tones you like, whether they have more of a grey undertone or a brown undertone. The girls at the colour centre are really good with that. We had Mel and I told her that I liked the wall colour of the display at Hervey Bay and she was able to find out exactly what shade it was.

This is our link - https://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=91042&start=280
Hi everyone. Hope your builds are going well.

Keen to hear from anyone who is at Fair Trading or NCAT with Coral. I’m just ticking the box of getting through fair trading which NCAT require before they will hear your case.

Two years post handover and Coral still have about 80 defects outstanding, some they are ok to fix (if I have ANOTHER WEEK OFF WORK) and others they are disputing.

Absolutely disgusting service and standards. What they think is β€˜acceptable’ in terms of workmanship is hilarious- they are sending out a building inspector to have a look next week. They are simply embarrassing themselves!

Anyway would love to hear from you.

Hi all,

Does anyone know how the tile appointments work? When upgarding outside of standard ranges do they charge the price you see on the tile as extra amount or does coral have a standard amount per sqm that they use to charge the difference from the standard to upgrade tile?

Hope that makes sense!
Kevinmarques89
Hi all,

Does anyone know how the tile appointments work? When upgarding outside of standard ranges do they charge the price you see on the tile as extra amount or does coral have a standard amount per sqm that they use to charge the difference from the standard to upgrade tile?

Hope that makes sense!

Hi Kevinmarques89,

We are also trying to figure out how they calculate. They just gave us the final amount for choosing a non standard 600x600 tile. There is calculations. We will ring them tomorrow and find out how it's been calculated. Will let you know if they give us a proper answer. We went with National Tiles. When is ur Tile appointment? Good Luck!
Related
18/09/2023
General questions about building before I go to my builder

Building A New House

You should check your detail drawings, it may show downpipe within brick pier.

2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

14/04/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

In Qld it is a requirement that a builder must have a cost breakdown, for building a home to the same specification, with the same inclusions and the same finish. So ask…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum