Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes general build thread

Page 558 of 579
It wouldn't be hard to replace with something like this, lift out easily, looks like without the middle tile bit in your drain, this would be similar in size.

Just noticed this past week that our kitchen/butler pantry sinks have not been sealed in. We thought we had a slow plumbing leak causing dampness in the cabinets. Turns out our flushmounted sinks are just sitting in place and any water around the edges seeps in and under. Has anyone else noticed this?
Corallake
Just noticed this past week that our kitchen/butler pantry sinks have not been sealed in. We thought we had a slow plumbing leak causing dampness in the cabinets. Turns out our flushmounted sinks are just sitting in place and any water around the edges seeps in and under. Has anyone else noticed this?

Oh my goodness 😱😱
Just a quick question.. I asked our painter if he would paint a feature wall for cash.. and he said no he doesn’t do feature walls at all? I thought we were allowed to at painting stage? All good we will do after handover.
mj-mac4
Just a quick question.. I asked our painter if he would paint a feature wall for cash.. and he said no he doesn’t do feature walls at all? I thought we were allowed to at painting stage? All good we will do after handover.

It’s up to the painter if he wants the cash job or not
Don’t know why you wouldn’t want extra money 🤷‍♀️

Has anyone noticed their walls bowing ? We moved in March last year, and we were wall mounting some storage shelves the other night, and when we held the spirit level against the wall, it’s not plumb at all! The spirit level was rocking back and forth... not sure if this is an issue or normal 😕
Ben+Lindsay
Has anyone noticed their walls bowing ? We moved in March last year, and we were wall mounting some storage shelves the other night, and when we held the spirit level against the wall, it’s not plumb at all! The spirit level was rocking back and forth... not sure if this is an issue or normal

z
MrsJM
Ben+Lindsay
Has anyone noticed their walls bowing ? We moved in March last year, and we were wall mounting some storage shelves the other night, and when we held the spirit level against the wall, it’s not plumb at all! The spirit level was rocking back and forth... not sure if this is an issue or normal

x

Actually my cinema room door runs along a bowed wall so the wall is all scraped because of it. Have repainted it, and scraped right back off again
MrsJM
MrsJM
Ben+Lindsay

Yep. Most of mine are either bowed, cracked or have plaster joins that have started to become visible. Bloody coral homes!

Actually my cinema room door runs along a bowed wall so the wall is all scraped because of it. Have repainted it, and scraped right back off again

Oh no! Our cinema room doors are cavity sliders, but they used to scrape inside the wall when we’d open them, and they had a scratch along them for ages... seems to be fixed now (when the maintenance guy came back). Same as the pantry. He said there was something caught in the framework for the door, but now that you’ve said that, it’s probably more likely to have been the walls/studs that were bowing. 😩 have you contacted them about it?
x
Any help would be appreciated please.

we are building with Coral Homes the Newport 19

Our neighbour and us both share a build the build to boundary side (unlucky us)

Our neighbour is a bit of an arse and thinks he can build right up to and share garages with eachother, which is not possible as our block sits 600mm above his and council wont approve two walls together.

We have refused our neighbours build to boundary and he has refused ours

Since we both dont agree what happens as we both share our build to boundary, can he still build to boundary? He says he can even though we declined. I thought if both parties decline then in QLD under Brisbane city council both properties have to be 500mm from the boundary. (this wouldnt affect us as we have a bigger block)

any help would be appreciated please
LovedaPopcorn

Our neighbour is a bit of an arse and thinks he can build right up to and share garages with eachother, which is not possible as our block sits 600mm above his and council wont approve two walls together.

Since we both dont agree what happens as we both share our build to boundary, can he still build to boundary? He says he can even though we declined. I thought if both parties decline then in QLD under Brisbane city council both properties have to be 500mm from the boundary. (this wouldnt affect us as we have a bigger block)

I would ask the council for clarification.
bestspecials
LovedaPopcorn

i have they said its not up to them anymore and to get a solicitor ...
LovedaPopcorn
bestspecials
LovedaPopcorn

i have they said its not up to them anymore and to get a solicitor ...

My understanding (and I am no expert) is that if the land was registered with build to boundary or zero lot boundary (which is what our estate is) then you don't have to have approval by the neighbour to build your garage wall to the boundary. Our neighbour is doing zero lot boundary which means that his garage wall will form the fence, our garage is on the opposite side, so doesn't affect us. Because we already have zero lot boundary in the contract documents and town planning, they didn't need to ask us to do this. They only needed to ask us for access to our land for the construction.
bestspecials - you are correct
IamSAM

Cool. Complete pain in the butt for landscaping down the side of the house, but hubby says to be patient.
bestspecials
IamSAM

Cool. Complete pain in the butt for landscaping down the side of the house, but hubby says to be patient.

bestspecials - you are correct about hubby too
Hi everyone,

Hoping someone can help us. So our new neighbours are building a home and they only purchased after we had put in a fence for our property. A month later they were in council and we were aware the land was sold. Now their build is almost up they have agreed to contribute to fencing costs and they said their builder covers the fencing so we need to submit our forms and quotes to them for payment. Now the builder has come back to our 3 quotes and notice to contribute to fencing with a 'no we don't want to contribute'. What can we do from here, legally they have to pay 50% for the dividing fence?
brodav83

Congratulations!!!
Related
18/09/2023
General questions about building before I go to my builder

Building A New House

You should check your detail drawings, it may show downpipe within brick pier.

2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

14/04/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

In Qld it is a requirement that a builder must have a cost breakdown, for building a home to the same specification, with the same inclusions and the same finish. So ask…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum