Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes general build thread

Page 525 of 579
xjanex
Seems we have a little problem.
Our owner supplied appliances are being installed in 2 weeks, trying to get insurance organised for them, as we were told they weren’t insured by corals insurance.
However no one will touch us until we officially handover, as the builder has insurance on the property.
I don’t know what to do...

How much it did cost you for ur own appliances in total ? If you go for ur own kitchen appliances how much credit will Coral give to u?
BrownDog77
Has anyone here built the Grange with IT hub option and if yes can you please post a pic of it? Ours does not look right & we have no shelf either

IT hub only in Grange 29 right? - We removed the little shelf in that corner - they are not in line with the wall and if you want a full length shelf in future or now it will look awkward. So asked for a quote of full length shelf. But I'm sure you can build one later - will look into IKEA options in future if Coral's quote is not cheaper...
s-X-s
xjanex
Seems we have a little problem.
Our owner supplied appliances are being installed in 2 weeks, trying to get insurance organised for them, as we were told they weren’t insured by corals insurance.
However no one will touch us until we officially handover, as the builder has insurance on the property.
I don’t know what to do...

How much it did cost you for ur own appliances in total ? If you go for ur own kitchen appliances how much credit will Coral give to u?

We bought fisher and paykel appliances, cost 8-9k from memory

We would have been lucky to have gotten maybe 1k back from coral.

Caydenn
LovedaPopcorn
How many weeks did it take to build your home? trying to get an idea

13-14 weeks for us, Noosa 23

wow quick build. we are building in ellen grove qld im hoping for a quick build around the 15week mark, so fingers crossed
s-X-s
BrownDog77
Has anyone here built the Grange with IT hub option and if yes can you please post a pic of it? Ours does not look right & we have no shelf either

IT hub only in Grange 29 right? - We removed the little shelf in that corner - they are not in line with the wall and if you want a full length shelf in future or now it will look awkward. So asked for a quote of full length shelf. But I'm sure you can build one later - will look into IKEA options in future if Coral's quote is not cheaper...

Yes we are going to do a blackboard paint wall so we’re happy to have shelf in recess only and we’re told it would be a part of frame built in not laminex like bench but it’s MIA at moment. Worst bit is our bench is completely straight & doesn’t wrap around into recess there is just a void there!!! I’m sure this can’t be right but didn’t take a pic of port maq display in that section to know and too far away to visit to chk

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=90769

is anyone on here building the Newport 19 with coral, and has a photo of the living/dining room?
Hey everyone, is any body able to take photos of their garage where the brickwork meets the gyprock/internal walls.

Ours looks pretty rough and has gaps, doesn't seem right to me?
Hi All,

We have received council approval just over a week ago. Just wondering how long it took for Coral to obtain a construction cert and then set a start date for you?

Council were so quick and stress free, now we are back with Coral..... lol!

Thanks
Caydenn
Hey everyone, is any body able to take photos of their garage where the brickwork meets the gyprock/internal walls.

ours was too and coral didn't to know

Omg this build is a joke we were meant to be in our house end of Jan then they said middle of feb now we are looking at March and what annoys me more is we just went to the house and nothing has been been done for a whole week! We are over this and just don't know what to do!!! 3 months over contract and living in a caravan is not much fun when I have a beautiful house just sitting there.
Ryan2007
Omg this build is a joke we were meant to be in our house end of Jan then they said middle of feb now we are looking at March and what annoys me more is we just went to the house and nothing has been been done for a whole week! We are over this and just don't know what to do!!! 3 months over contract and living in a caravan is not much fun when I have a beautiful house just sitting there.

Oh Ryan that’s just terrible. Sorry I have no suggestions except contacting HO & demanding a solution or you will take to the media perhaps with all the other builds on here that have had issues... really disappointing we are not over contract but def feel like we’ve hit a bit of a wall at present.

Ryan2007

Your house looks really good. I know it's disheartening but take it in your stride...nearly there and then you'll also get a cheque. Finally got ours $5300.
I know I know your so right once we are in we will look back and it will be a distant memory it just annoys me that they get away with everything! Still can't believe it's taken that long to get your cheque tho!!!
Slam them on social media Facebook and Instagram they will do something then

Thanks guys I'm just so frustrated as we mean absolutely nothing to this company and everything that seems to go wrong seems to always be our issue.
Caydenn

if your talking about next to the garage door, our brick work is covered with render. I think if your house isn't rendered they just leave it, like yours.
Hey Coral builders,

Need some more advice please, we are 1 week away from PCI and I wanted to get your opinions.

During the build there were a number of brickwork issues that were patched up. However the mortar in these patch up areas is a different shade of white (Off white mortar).

Is it reasonable to request that these get fixed as they somewhat point out the areas that were fixed?
We recently handed over our place and our SS said this is our chance to point out everything we weren't happy with. He was great and addressed everything so i'd suggest no matter how much you think its nitpicking go to town with highlighting issues (my wife picked up tiny paint blemishes on door frames you'd never notice but once you have seen it - you can't unseen it). So i'd suggest you tell them your not happy with it because you obviously are aware of it and its a source of annoyance so have them address it. One thing we noticed was a lot of visible plaster joins so look at the walls in different angles/lights off/lights on etc... It's an easy fix but we made Coral redo 5 walls (plaster, sand and paint again) because we could see the compound trowel lines or just the joins
Caydenn
Hey Coral builders,

Need some more advice please, we are 1 week away from PCI and I wanted to get your opinions.

During the build there were a number of brickwork issues that were patched up. However the mortar in these patch up areas is a different shade of white (Off white mortar).

Is it reasonable to request that these get fixed as they somewhat point out the areas that were fixed?

Yes, it is reasonable. They hope that you are keen to move in and will overlook things...don't do it!!!!!
We have the same problem but were told 'to live with it'.
Ryan2007

Ru in QLD or NSW? We haven't had anything done since they returned from holidays on 6th Jan until last week and our build started in September with end date in April (we're in Sydney). I though that if they're over contract they have to start paying you daily for that - is that correct?
Related
18/09/2023
General questions about building before I go to my builder

Building A New House

You should check your detail drawings, it may show downpipe within brick pier.

2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

14/04/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

In Qld it is a requirement that a builder must have a cost breakdown, for building a home to the same specification, with the same inclusions and the same finish. So ask…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum