Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes general build thread

Page 501 of 579
Whitey22
BrownDog77
dougang287
Jump on my page and you will find mine

Thanks Ang but ours have fridge one end and wall nib the other so wanting to know if they tile both ends? Your lucky to have doorways either end so it doesn't matter

If you have cabinentry on one end they wont tile over the top of it. Only where plaster is

Thanks Whitey Hoping I can only have on main wall and not plaster end if fridge end won't have as otherwise this won't look uniform
wish I'd thought about this earlier
Do you have pics of yours in your thread? What did you do?

BrownDog77
Whitey22
BrownDog77
[quote="dougang287"]Jump on my page and you will find mine

Thanks Ang but ours have fridge one end and wall nib the other so wanting to know if they tile both ends? Your lucky to have doorways either end so it doesn't matter

If you have cabinentry on one end they wont tile over the top of it. Only where plaster is

Thanks Whitey Hoping I can only have on main wall and not plaster end if fridge end won't have as otherwise this won't look uniform
wish I'd thought about this earlier
Do you have pics of yours in your thread? What did you do?

[/quote]Sent u a pm

Not sure about lucky - they wrapped all our electrical cabling round our frames so wach slider has been rubbing up until last week. I told them all along something not right but hey what would I know lmfao

Doors and windows today, with meeting the electrician tomorrow to talk through plans and have a mate to put in data cables through the house on the weekend.

For all of you considering building the Grange, here are some pictures of the new display in Hervey Bay - Grange 28. Well worth a visit!!

Has anyone made any colour changes after getting building approval?

We currently are pending pricing on extending our island bench overhang and change the colour of laminate however have already been waiting 2 weeks Just for a quote! Our CSO said our build will be delayed if we go ahead... and I don’t understand why, with Christmas coming up even if we get a start date this year, we won’t have frames

StephLee

We currently are pending pricing on extending our island bench overhang and change the colour of laminate however have already been waiting 2 weeks Just for a quote! Our CSO said our build will be delayed if we go ahead... and I don’t understand why, with Christmas coming up even if we get a start date this year, we won’t have frames

Stick to your guns, it is certainly possible!!

Trust me when I say that once that build starts they will not change a thing!! So while you still don't have a start date go ahead, we were making changes between BA and start date around retaining walls and things so it is definitely possible Coral just tries to avoid it at all costs!

Your CSO should be on the ball getting those quotes by the way, the longest I waited was 3 days for a change quote.

Hope this helps....
Caydenn
StephLee

Trust me when I say that once that build starts they will not change a thing!! So while you still don't have a start date go ahead, we were making changes between BA and start date around retaining walls and things so it is definitely possible Coral just tries to avoid it at all costs!

Your CSO should be on the ball getting those quotes by the way, the longest I waited was 3 days for a change quote.

Hope this helps....

My CSO hates me, she is no help at all
she didn’t even reply to my last email from Friday last week asking for an update on the quote timing.... definitely leaving a review on the level of service and who knows what else will happen during the build

StephLee
Caydenn
StephLee

Hope this helps....

she didn’t even reply to my last email from Friday last week asking for an update on the quote timing.... definitely leaving a review on the level of service and who knows what else will happen during the build

Get on the phone and ring them

StephLee
Caydenn
StephLee

Hope this helps....

If its any consilation you get a different CSO when you get on site but they are only for contacting if you are having no luck with your SS.

The SS becomes the primary form of contact with any questions/changes once you get a start date
Yeah you also get a number for the SS boss if you get a **** SS

mpricecs
For all of you considering building the Grange, here are some pictures of the new display in Hervey Bay - Grange 28. Well worth a visit!!

I love the colours. It certainly would be well worth the drive.
Stephlee

It's your house! Don't let dumb CSO's make you compromise on what you want. Email, ring to get those changes but always get the changes in writing. It's better to stall on the start date now than do something you'll regret and have to live with because you wanted the build to start. Our CSO was a muppet and did not help at all. We ended up with things that we did not ask for. We wanted to change things but were told we couldn't and that was before plans were drawn up. They just want to lock you in and pass you on to the next stage.
Corallake
Stephlee

It's your house! Don't let dumb CSO's make you compromise on what you want. Email, ring to get those changes but always get the changes in writing. It's better to stall on the start date now than do something you'll regret and have to live with because you wanted the build to start. Our CSO was a muppet and did not help at all. We ended up with things that we did not ask for. We wanted to change things but were told we couldn't and that was before plans were drawn up. They just want to lock you in and pass you on to the next stage.
Agree 100%! It's hard enough fighting for things that are in the contract!!

Follow our Build:
forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=85959
BrownDog77
Those with tiled splash backs does it wrap around both ends or just one? & if only one does it look strange (uneven?) just thinking if we could ask to only have splash back and not ends tiled?!?! Any pics would be awesome

We have the fridge cabinet on one side and plaster on the other side and we only have tiles on the back wall. I would of thought it had to go on the plaster side but I can't find anything to say it's supposed to go on that end. Our tiles are dark so I think it would look a bit funny coming around one side and not the other so I'm glad they left it.

StephLee

Steph, we feel exactly the same. We had our colour appointment this week. And we felt so rushed and felt like they really don’t give a s**t. I ended up choosing some items I don’t even really like. So I have emailed my CSO (CC) to let her know that we will be making changes and that I will be emailing them through this weekend to her. I hope it is easy to do. I second guessed myself at our colour appointment because our colour consultant kept saying I needed more colour. Oh well, hopefully it will be all worth it.
Those consultants should shut their mouths and let the home owner decide

Deleted
MrsJM
mj-mac4
StephLee

Steph, we feel exactly the same. We had our colour appointment this week. And we felt so rushed and felt like they really don’t give a s**t. I ended up choosing some items I don’t even really like. So I have emailed my CSO (CC) to let her know that we will be making changes and that I will be emailing them through this weekend to her. I hope it is easy to do. I second guessed myself at our colour appointment because our colour consultant kept saying I needed more colour. Oh well, hopefully it will be all worth it.

I feel your pain. We wanted to change a fair bit from standard (not necessarily more expensive- just went to Reece and picked different tapwear etc) and our colour consultant couldn't be stuffed writing everything up and instead just put 'owner supplied' for basically everything except the baths! I ended up having to intercept her forms, and re wrote me entire colour selections myself. It is a joke of a process. I'm sorry you have had the same experience

I don’t understand why they have to make it so a stressful process. It’s already daunting enough handing over our life savings to these clowns.
Help! Our carpet is in and you can feel the pins in each doorway!! They hurt too!

How is it supposed to be installed? Surely this isn't right. We upgraded our underlay and carpet.

On the other hand it does look good. Here's a photo of the main bedroom perfectly blending with our ensuite tiles

Follow our Build:
forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=85959
Related
18/09/2023
General questions about building before I go to my builder

Building A New House

You should check your detail drawings, it may show downpipe within brick pier.

2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

14/04/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

In Qld it is a requirement that a builder must have a cost breakdown, for building a home to the same specification, with the same inclusions and the same finish. So ask…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum