Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Lorri's One day House in Cradoc Tasmania-- update. 5/6/17

Page 5 of 5
Hi, just a quick update, the framing and trusses are all done. The roof guys are coming next week and house will be wrapped as well.
It's funny how I've thought when the house slab was first done we thought it was too small and that we should have made it bigger, well now the frame is up we think it looks big, funny tricks your brain plays on you lol.

Will be going there tomorrow so will take a couple of snaps and put on here.
We have moved about a third of those big trees from the pile, cutting the stumps and tops off and stacking them over neater the boundary out of the way, boy it is heavy work, John has a 661 sthil and even that had to work cutting some of those big ones. There are a lot of beautiful crimson robins that live on out block, my phone camera is not the best but you can see one on the last photo.
Cheers
Hi all, we are getting there slowly, the roof is half on and the roofers disappeared for a week, poured down with rain for two days after they did the first half, I hope the antcon blanket isn't ruined.

Yesterday some bricks were delivered. Half the windows are in , the rest are missing or sitting on the slab waiting to be installed.

The slope away from the house still has not been done am chasing them to do it, meeting SS on site again on wed.

Did the underground power from where the power pole will be to the spot the switchboard will be, happy we did it and not the builder, saved 10k .

Its getting there slowly
Just booked a short holiday to tassie in September.
Berek
Its getting there slowly
Just booked a short holiday to tassie in September.

If you make it down to the Huon Valley come for a look at our place if you like.

Thanks for the offer. I haven't planned much so far.
Update 15/7
Went to the block and saw a bath, shower base and three doors have been delivered, must mean someone is going to be workingsoon, the bricks have been sitting there a week, no brickie.
Hydronic guy still waiting for carpenter to install windows so he can finish running the pipes around house, carpenter is waiting for window guys who are making windows builder didn't confirm with them, what a carry On! Roll on Monday.
How’s it all going?
Well we moved in at the end of last year, been busy trying to fix drainage,driveways , retaining walls etc. Not happy with the quality of some of the work, like I can see the joins in the walls from the sheets of plasterboard. But seems they are within "standards " which are crap if they think it is good enough. Same with the windows, mark between the glass that you can see a tree certain times of day rows of lines the length of the windows, guy is coming out on Monday to look at them , bet they are within "standards " too, who wrote these standards? Blind Freddy?
Do you have any photos of the finished house? Keen to see how it all turned out!!
SileNceR
Do you have any photos of the finished house? Keen to see how it all turned out!!

Hi I should have put photos up earlier but been so busy trying to fix site drainage retaining walls etc time just got away on us.

Amazing view!! Looks like a painting!!
SileNceR

I don't want to put curtains up it's that beautiful.will take some inside photos later , just On my way out.
Lorri
SileNceR

I don't want to put curtains up it's that beautiful.will take some inside photos later , just On my way out.

You probably don’t need curtains? What can you see from the road looking up at the house? Is there much passing traffic anyway?
Yes, looking up from the road you can't really see the house at all. There's not much traffic at all. we have to do more landscaping, things are on hold pretty much over winter, no fun working in the cold and wet weather. we have major job ahead , planting the gardens, sowing grass seed over the whole front, and over the septic leech beds. Plus fencing around the front and sides to keep the wildlife out, and along the back of the house will be fenced too, not going to fence 5 acres, just where we want plants to survive as they eat it down to the ground.
Lorri
Yes, looking up from the road you can't really see the house at all. There's not much traffic at all. we have to do more landscaping, things are on hold pretty much over winter, no fun working in the cold and wet weather. we have major job ahead , planting the gardens, sowing grass seed over the whole front, and over the septic leech beds. Plus fencing around the front and sides to keep the wildlife out, and along the back of the house will be fenced too, not going to fence 5 acres, just where we want plants to survive as they eat it down to the ground.

Yeah it’s cold enough here to keep me out of the garden I’d hate to imagine how much colder it is further south!!
Related
11/07/2023
Building inspection after 90 Day Defect period

Building A New House

you need to understand the breakdown of warranties. 90 warranty is considered as minor defects rectification period where as the longer ones are more major/structural…

10/09/2023
rain day calculation

Building A New House

Yes you are correct, unless there are outside works which form part of the contract such as landscaping or driveways, and importantly, the work delayed is on the critical…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum