Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Darmon Homes

Page 1 of 1
I signed a contract with Darmon Homes in Dec 2012 and to date building has not started. Delays have been due to Monash Council not approving plans, or adding to them time and time again and the red tape involved in demolishing a house, building 2 townhouses then subdividing. I could write a book. If I had my time over, I would just buy and not build. Darmon Homes have done all the hard work in meeting with the council to get their blessing, and jumping through the various bureaucratic hoops. I haven't seen any other posts where Darmon has built a home, so will keep you posted. House is now demolished and once we have the go ahead from the electricity provider, building should start.
Hi,

Just saw this and joined to reply and contribute. Sorry to hear of your rough start-up but as someone who is building with DarMon (in Bulleen), I just wanted to add some experience.

We signed up around Nov 2013 and have been thrilled with every step of the journey. From the initial signup, we were guided all the way through (Abstract design, plans, demolition, power-setup, footing, subfloor, frame, lockup to where we are now - plaster). Our site build started about March 2014.

We probably have around 10 weeks or so to go, but couldn't have imagined such a seamless and trouble-free way to build a home (something we associated with pain and troublesome times). With DarMon having the two MDs (Darrel and Simon) as the majority contact and liaisons, you know you are getting personalised service.

Our neighbours just built with a Volume Builder in Balwyn North and our two experiences are a stark contrast. Their house is 10 squares bigger and 250K cheaper BUT wow - talk about chalk and cheese as my neighbours themselves would attest. Their budget only allowed for a Volume Build and that is perfectly fine. Our needs and block slope only allowed for an architectural build, and that's were DarMon came in. It was helpful for both of us to compare all the way.

Hope that helps add some colour to your post. Hang in there and just shout if you need any info about our build.
Related
14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum