Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Allcastle homes grandworth Newbury mkll

Page 1 of 1
Can someone help me please, I'm new to building a house. I want to go with allcastle homes but I'm just scared that they do a bad job on building the home. I need to demolish the old house on the land and wondering if allcastle homes will help me with paperwork to the council regarding the demolition. Thanks
Hi there,

This is something you must speak about with them

Most of the time, builders dont not want to get involved with demo because of liability involved. They usualy subcontracted to a demo company. the bad thing about that is, the demo company may qoutes the builder including margin, and the builder might further add their own margin as they quote it to you.

Perhaps, you can speak to demo companies directly who will do the whole thing for you, lodgement to council and demo.

then all you have to do is select a builder, and let them know that your doing your own demo.
I understand, have u had any experience with allcastle homes? And when it comes to the tender I read reviews how they change the prices when u pay the deposit.?
Some builders, once you sign the contract, empowers them to rip you off, sadly. because it may state in your contract [if you signed it] that deposits are non refundable etc etc.

also ensure that costs are fixed as much as possible. not provisional allowances, because the final price can change, and it may go over the provisional allowance.

just be careful with builders who are inconsistent with their pricing. always ask for discount before signing as well, im sure they've proped up their pricing for that discount anyway haha.
Hi Jgarcia, did you end up proceeding with Allcastle. I am building with Allcastle but on a vacant block. We are just waiting for our frame to go up. I can't help you with their workmanship/quality but happy to help out with any admin queries if need be.
Related
15/04/2024
AllCastle Homes has anyone built in 2023

Building A New House

Hi we are looking to talk to people who have built with them recently. We have signed mid range built contract but identified that a lot of things are not included.…

25/04/2024
AllCastle Cashback offer 2023

Building A New House

Was the offer also on their website? If so, you could check the Wayback Machine.

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum