Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who is building with Wincrest Home

Page 1 of 1
Hi, I am in the process of building with Wincrest. Anyone one building with them or have built with them can share their experience - good/bad experiences.
anyone building with Wincrest?
Yes I am building with Wincrest. Construction commenced in mid -July 2014 and now they have put up the interior walls, with completed roof, exterior walls, electrical rough in, a/c rough in. So far the experience has been fine.
thanks sydshopper. I am at design stage, it will be about the size of Windara, interested to see what would the tender be. I have a slope and would like to have a split level house.
Did you do a lot of upgrades after their special offers?
I made some upgrades for the kitchen appliances, sinks, garage door, alfresco door. My electrical upgrades were quite a lot including Ethernet cabling, throughout, ducted vacuum, ceiling fans. Also I went for tiling to the ceiling instead of the standard.

Progress is going on well with the internal walls done and most of the doors in place. Kitchen and bathroom vanities are in place and look good. Tiles have arrived and wet area tiling will happen either this week or in the new year.
Was your site cost high? did you ask them to do the flooring for the house as well?
yes I have reactive clay soils so had to get a H2 slab.
Floor I am doing privately after handover
We built with Wincrest and all I can say is DON"T DO IT, DO NOT SIGN WITH THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
misslisa
We built with Wincrest and all I can say is DON"T DO IT, DO NOT SIGN WITH THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see this is your first post, and on a thread that hasn't had any responses for a few weeks so not as if it was first to pop up (i.e. I suspect you've googled and come across this site).

Have you come on just to dissuade people from building with wincrest? If so you probably should back it up with some facts.
I am going for tender presentation soon, any suggestions. I am not sure what to look for.
How did your tender go firsthome2? We are thinking of going with them as they were so accommodating with all the changes we wanted to make in our initial meeting with them.
it came a lot more than what I was expecting. Being a custom build it is hard to compare, but the site cost was a lot more than what I had expected to be.
Also I was told by sales that it would cost the same per SQM of their design, but came up 50K more than their similar size.
We are about to start with Wincrest - the Windara. We have signed tender and waiting for plans. Any advise, suggestions, recommendations would be so appreciated. Additionally, we have opted for a steel frame curious to know if anyone has any feedback with regards to steel versus timber?
first ome how are you doing with the build?
I don't go with them at the end. I am still building with a small builder. It is being dragging on unfortunately, not what I had expected to be.
Related
3/03/2024
Cost to pre wire home for smart home system with builder

Lighting + Lighting Design

We already paid for somfy motors for the blinds. The quote above was purely for “pre-wiring” so the blinds company can install the motors and blinds. That’s why we…

9/05/2023
what to add for energy efficiency building volume home

Eco Living

go upvc window frames ensure insulation under colorbond. not just sarking, lighter color roof also not sure if you have seen this viewtopic.php?t=5823 last couple of pages…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum