Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building in Adelaide wth Oakford - PCI

Page 5 of 5
Facade looks great ... Just like your renders
interesting they use sealer as first coat and not undercoat which is thicker and opaque.

Really impressed with how accurate your 3d renders were. I'm also doing some for our new place now and I hope they work out as well as yours did
We've had handover now for a couple of weeks. The main jobs since then has been to get the tiles and carpets in. They're looking good, though in retrospect one of the other tiles might have matched in a bit better. I ended up pulling all the shelf units out of the pantry so that the tilers could tile underneath. One of the next jobs on the list is to put them all back in again!

The curtains are rather temporary while we get them sorted out. We're aiming at 2500 drop curtains, and there's not that many pre-made ones around in pinch-pleat. We bought a few sets from Curtain Wonderland to check out the colour, but now the colour we chose has disappeared, so I'm not sure if we can get more the same. I've been planning out how to build in pelmets for them, so have quite a job ahead of me with them. That's on top of fitting out the robes and doing the perimeter paving .. and getting the old house ready for sale! I probably need a bit more discipline, as I've been putting more time in the interesting jobs rather than so much the important jobs

Here's how the front's looking:

I'm pretty happy that it's been a fairly good match from the 3D renders that I did.
Absolutely! It's identical
and looks as fabulous! I feel for you ... We're in the same boat (still). Yes, discipline ... We need some of that too. I spent most of the long weekend dragging Mr TC around looking at furniture. He was not happy!

Congratulations on a beautiful looking home and getting in ok

Glad to hear you are in. I'm pretty sure our front garden is going to be dirt for a very long time too.

Using my LG-G4 to bring you this update.
Wow. Congrats on moving in onejohn. Good luck with all the post handover stuff.
We all still have a long way to go until the outside looks semi decent.

OJ looking great and agree your renders were spot on. Enjoy the new house look forward to sharing post move in jobs and progress.
Love the colours!

My 2016 build viewtopic.php?t=81011
Not to sound like a debbie downer but I hope your build with Oakford is better than mine.

I signed early last year and have regretted it ever since (and they are still going, they only turn up to the site maybe once or twice a week)!

My advice - take a level and check their brickwork constantly.
That's a shame that you're having troubles with your build. I did find that they were fairly slow up until build start for us. If there was an error in a plan, it would have to go back to the bottom of the pile again and take a few weeks to see if they got it right. That wasn't really a problem for us though, as we weren't pushing things forward at that stage.

After the build start though, things seemed to move at a decent progress for us. There might be times when trades would only show up on site once or twice a week, but that's not unusual in scheduling a build. They may be running short of trades at the moment though, or your site supervisor may not has much sense of urgency. Hope it picks up for you as the build goes on.
Related
18/08/2023
PCI - How thorough were you?

Building A New House

We hired Darbecca to do every stage inspection, and I strongly recommend them to anyone that asks me. They were amazing. Thorough reports with photos at every stage,…

7/11/2023
Question regarding PCI and H&C Insurance

Building A New House

i would not be signing anything on the day read your contract about when builder submits final invoice generally, have to meet builder within 7 days of receiving final…

24/12/2023
Garage builder, Adelaide

General Discussion

Building a new home, and looking for a garage builder (home builder not contracted to do this). Someone to build steel garage (double), colorbond, including supply and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum