Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone building/buying in Aspect Estate Greenvale?

Page 1 of 7
Hi all,

I have just started building in Aspect Estate in Greenvale and have noticed there is no thread to meet/discuss with anyone else who has brought in this estate.

My partner and I are first home buyers and are building with Homebuyers Centre (Boutique Homes) in Rappel Street.

Hope to hear from someone...
Hello. We have purchased land in Altitude Street but have not yet started building. Great to see the estate taking shape though! We visit the park often as my kids love playing there. Hope your build is progressing well. We hope to start in February (owner/builder).
Hi liztek,

Great to hear from someone else who is building as well. We have started in Rappel Street. Up to framing so still a while away. The estate is looking good though a few people have now moved in and construction is well on its way.

Good luck with the build process.
Good luck newbee1. Will keep you posted.
Hey Diddly-Doodily Neighbourino's (jks)!

We're building in Aspect with Porter Davis which is due to start any day now!

It's our first build and I'm finding it so exciting that I drive through the estate frequently to keep up with the development.

Hi Greychle,

Good to hear someone else is also building in Aspect. What street are you in?
Hi Newbee,

Hope your build is going well.

Seems we're going to be neighbours to some extent as we'll be in Rappel as well.

Not sure if you're aware, but the estate guidelines were updated late last year and has some minor changes such as the fencing colour from monument to Greyridge.

They've also updated the front landscaping to include one years maintenance and further selection options which is fantastic news.
Hi Greychle,

I have noticed that the fencing colour had changed as we are just starting the process of arranging quotes. Had you arranged a fencer yet?

Our house is hopefully not far away now from being at lock up which we are very excited about.

Did you choose a large block?
That's great news, we're still approximately another 5 months away!

We have only had our back fence completed so far and I was only made aware of the colour change by the fencer who was on top of things.

Our block is 465m2.
Hi all,
Great to see the estate progressing. I've purchased land in Charm Rd that has just titled so getting the building side sorted at the moment. Hoping to start in a few months. Building with Mainvue and very excited to get everything moving. I've driven down your streets heaps now and love seeing the progress.
Hi mlp18,

Good luck with your build, it's definitely a very exciting and somewhat stressful experience.

Not sure if anyone else has, but I receieved a water bill in early Jan and the plan number quoted did not correspond with our lot. I have queried it with the water authority who are investigating it further.

Eventually it might be good to get a Facebook page set up like Greenvale Gardens to share this type of community news and info.
Hello fellow neighbours. We've also noticed changes to the fencing guidelines. But they kept the wing fencing as a feature which will give the estate a lovely prestige feel as you drive through. Wondering why there are a few houses that don't seem to have this wing fencing though? The Miniscreen and stained posts look great on the Grandvue display across from the park When we submitted our plans they were quite strict to point out the fencing guidelines that we would adhere to them? Not sure if anyone else has noticed this discrepancy or heard anything about the fencing?
Hi Liztek,

I would say people might not be aware of the wing fencing. I had to re-read the design guidelines as I was always under the impression that there was to be no fencing projecting past the house; guess I learnt something new today

I haven't noticed any houses with the wing fences but I'll definitely keep an eye out during my next drive through and will ensure I get them included when I get my side fences done!
Agree with you there Greychle. I think it's a matter of not being aware of the change to the fencing once it projects past the building line at the front of the house. We submitted our own drawings to the review panel so had to make mention that we would adhere to the fencing guidelines, which is why we're more aware of the different fencing.
Hi all,

Welcome mlp18, very exciting to have someone else in the estate.
I too was unaware of the wing fencing as no one seems to have it, is it compulsory?

We are side on the a corner block so will have to have the timber pillars but only on the exposed side (if that makes sense).

Has anyone sourced any fencing quotes as yet? I have had one done through ACE fencing that seems ok but would like to get a few more.
Yes newbee1 that makes sense. In our case both sides are in view of the "public realm" so we'll have the stained posts and mini screen too. I'm assuming its compulsory if it's in the guidelines and we had to make mention of it in our submission. Maybe the first few will have to correct their wing fencing if picked up by the developer???
Our submission was similar liztek with the fencing clearly stating that we needed the timber pillars. It does not however mention anything regarding wing fencing on our building permit which is interesting.
I have noticed that there are quiet a few things though appearing that contradict the guidelines, letterboxes, house colours and now fencing.
Anyway we dont mind as long as it doesnt impact on our block. We are now at fixing stage so only 7-8 weeks to go
Hi all,

I see what you mean about the wing fencing Liztec, there's a few houses with standard fencing as opposed to the feature fence.

Newbee, we had our rear fence done through In2Fencing. I didn't source the quote, but they seemed very reasonably priced and easy to deal with.

Not sure if anyone else has been through recently, but a few houses have had their front landscaping completed and it's looking good. Has anyone submitted their landscaping form to Peet yet?

The neighbouring estate 'Lavinia' appears to be coming along now too.

Our slab is due to be poured tomorrow and we can finally see our houses footprint. It's starting to feel very real and exciting now.

You're lucky you'll be moving in with decent weather Newbee, looks like we'll be in right in the heart of winter!
How exciting newbee1 and greychle that things are moving along for you. We'll hopefully commence this month. We've noticed that some houses have had their landscaping done and it looks fantastic!
Hi all
Yes the landscaping does look good. I am a bit concerned with the time it has taken though as some of the houses have been there without it for quite some time. The Peet application says you cant apply for the landscaping until after handover.
Thanks Greychle I will contacting In2fencing for a quote.
Hope the slab went well.
Not long to go liztek then you'll be flying along.
Related
31/07/2023
Buying untitled land for a development

Buying Land

Yeah I don't know why I came to a forum. Place is full of wierdos/pedos thought internet may help but I suppose I'll try my luck with someone in person. Cheers. I tried…

9/12/2023
Anyone building with Zac Homes?

Building A New House

Wish you all the best. Once you signed the contract, they will find millions excuses to charge you. And have seen their sites unfinished for a long time.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum