Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

No shower drain in the slab

Page 1 of 1
Hi All,

Our house building has commenced and the slab has been poured.

Also framers have put the frame layout on the slab and now I can see where exactly each room will be located.

My concern is that at the place where the shower should go there is no shower drain. Tried to find the position of the drain according to the drawings and to knock it to hear that the drain is inside the slab. But it seems to me that there is no drain, only hard concrete.

Did anyone have same issue? And if it is the issue, is it fixable?

Thanks in advance.
Have you rung your site supervisor yet? 1st potr of call would be to make contact.
Adrian B, sure I have.

He said the drain MIGHT BE covered by a thin layer of concrete so that it's not visible.

But, as I said, I tried to knock the place where the drain should be and it does not sound like there is a hollow space inside the slab.

Adrian B
Have you rung your site supervisor yet? 1st potr of call would be to make contact.
It would be normal for the slab to be boxed out roughly 300 square where the trap will go. The pipe is often covered, but it would be unusual not to pick the location.
I'd check to see that the supervisor follows through & checks with the plumber.
Related
27/06/2023
Drive way channel drain

General Discussion

Yeah mine about 9 metres long and 8 wide with slope of 25% at one point but the end point of the outlet is past the side of garage and if he concretes allowing for…

7/07/2023
blocked drain in laundry

General Discussion

Agreed. I just found out today the certifier has not given the final sign off.

20/09/2023
Water around stormwater drain and concrete

Paving & Concreting

Grab a hose, insert it at the top of the inlet/down pipe and turn the water on and see where the water is escaping from. Then you'll know.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum