Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Is this PCI??!!

Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone,

Finish line appears to be in sight with our build... bathrooms were almost all complete as at last weekend, with bathtub delivered ready for install, powder room vanity delivered and only one of the bathrooms still needing a shower rail. Apart from that, kitchen splashback to be done and carpet to be laid - pretty much everything else all sweet in terms of build.

Externally - two brick pillars to be rendered and bit of paint needs finishing on the cladding... air con needs to be installed and side fences, front fence (hedge I think and retaining wall) plus turf to back (estate comes with landscaping)

SS has told us there will be an inspection in mid-Nov which he is calling the 'first inspection' where we 'put sticky tape on any defects on the paintwork etc that needs rectifying'.

I'm tipping this is of course PCI? And that given he is calling it the 'first inspection' (previously we had a pre-gyprock walkthrough) the 'only' inspection after that will be the final/handover inspection in which we check that any defects have been addressed?

I keep asking him is this what he means but he is notoriously slow, if ever, to reply to messages.

If it is indeed PCI, a read of other blogs seems to show a timeframe of about 2 weeks from PCI to handover... in which case we're looking at an early Dec handover I guess? Does this seem right?

Hubby is surprised the inspection is 2.5 weeks away as to his eye (he is a carpenter) there is barely 1 or 2 weeks work left *unless* you count the landscaping... so we're wondering is the landscaping likely to be getting done while we wait for PCI? I looked on here for some answers but seems many estates give you a grant to organise your landscaping yourself as opposed to doing it all-inclusive - so I wasn't sure how long to factor in for fence/turf/retaining wall... I just really wanna be in by Christmas... do you think that's a possibility?

Thanks in advance hopefully

Cheers,
J & J
indeed, it is PCI. The time to handover will be dependant on how many defects need to be fixed. As to remainng work time, it might look like one weeks work. It probably is 2 days full work with a whole crew, but tradies are booked via apps to come on certain days, to complete all the minor/menial stuff, then there are warranty team inspections that occur prior your final inspection etc. The time frame is consi
tent with the builders processes, not with yours
How exciting - we've got the exact same things outstanding, but have not heard a peep from the builder as to a firm date!

Hi ponzu & myh1login! Hubby went for a drive past after work & is happy to report landscaping prep is well on its way! So hopefully all looks like the mysterious pci is approaching
cheers!
We are the same, were told we would be in by Oct-Nov but no date for PCI yet
hopefully we will all be in by Christmas
[[Sapphire]]

Fingers crossed! It's still a mystery to us, but it seems there's not much else to do!? Our plumbing has just been done, waiting on shower screens, mirrors, flooring, blinds, driveway, landscaping and appliance installs. I can't imagine they all take a full 2 months to do.. I'd hate to move a couple of days before Xmas

MyH1Login
[[Sapphire]]

Fingers crossed! It's still a mystery to us, but it seems there's not much else to do!? Our plumbing has just been done, waiting on shower screens, mirrors, flooring, blinds, driveway, landscaping and appliance installs. I can't imagine they all take a full 2 months to do.. I'd hate to move a couple of days before Xmas

I know its crazy right? They would have a timeline set out but they cant let the owners know about it
Our carpets have been put in we are just waiting for them to be finished. They've finished all the tiling but haven't touched the balcony? Tiles are just sitting at the door. Waiting on mirrors, shower screens, flyscreens, our free standing bath to be installed its been sitting in our bedroom and en suite, the tap for this bath needs to be installed as well, builder to finish painting the bulkhead they stuffed up and had to redo in the kitchen, garage manhole they forgot to do has now been cut but not finished off, there is just a tarp and plaster board above our hinged garage door that leads to the backyard not sure why they didn't brick this
as birds have been getting in their. 2 exterior doors need to be painted, the front door area outside needs to have it's light installed and cover the wood base they've used for the balcony above it. And appliances which ive heard get put in just before handover. Oh and site clean
I know it may sound like alot, but it's not
I just had a little rant about some of the things they should have fixed and done already
[[Sapphire]]

I know its crazy right? They would have a timeline set out but they cant let the owners know about it
Our carpets have been put in we are just waiting for them to be finished. They've finished all the tiling but haven't touched the balcony? Tiles are just sitting at the door. Waiting on mirrors, shower screens, flyscreens, our free standing bath to be installed its been sitting in our bedroom and en suite, the tap for this bath needs to be installed as well, builder to finish painting the bulkhead they stuffed up and had to redo in the kitchen, garage manhole they forgot to do has now been cut but not finished off, there is just a tarp and plaster board above our hinged garage door that leads to the backyard not sure why they didn't brick this
as birds have been getting in their. 2 exterior doors need to be painted, the front door area outside needs to have it's light installed and cover the wood base they've used for the balcony above it. And appliances which ive heard get put in just before handover. Oh and site clean
I just had a little rant about some of the things they should have fixed and done already

That is a one week job in total if you ask me! Haha sometimes I think, we can take it from here, let us do it, just hurry~! Lol

To be brutally honest, I just want in so I can put up my new Xmas tree~! We don't have half the things we need for the house, but the Xmas tree is ready!!!!!!!
MyH1Login
[[Sapphire]]

That is a one week job in total if you ask me! Haha sometimes I think, we can take it from here, let us do it, just hurry~! Lol

To be brutally honest, I just want in so I can put up my new Xmas tree~! We don't have half the things we need for the house, but the Xmas tree is ready!!!!!!!

Update carpet is finished so should be less then a week
haha i think the same thing like just give me the paint brush hehe I'd stuff it up though
ohhhhhh another xmas person
i like you already! I know what you mean i cant wait to get in and decorate everywhere, try and put lights outside & finally get a tree to put up. We haven't got anywhere to store one atm so might have to layby as ive heard they have good sales on atm
lol we have 2 couches ordered both might not get here till mid December maybe January
but at least we will have a great xmas tree
[[Sapphire]]

Did you get your PCI date? Ours is next Friday! I've been telling everyone on here, I feel mega rushed now! LOL
Still no
was meant to be last Fri, then last Mon, then today... I can't see us getting in in time for Xmas now
congrats on your pci date tho

***edited to add I'm a massive Xmas person too
julznjam
Still no
was meant to be last Fri, then last Mon, then today... I can't see us getting in in time for Xmas now
congrats on your pci date tho

***edited to add I'm a massive Xmas person too

why do they keep delaying??
I wish I knew... Gotta be something, as they keep ignoring our messages
julznjam
I wish I knew... Gotta be something, as they keep ignoring our messages

if they ignore you for one more day, turn up at their offices, wait outside and ring their number, if they ignore - walk in and ask what's going on
That's sucks julznjam hopefully they let you know what's going on. Our pci is next week prob Wednesday as our builder inspection was pushed back because they still havent done the rail on the balcony
congrarz MyH1 on the date
Hey MyH1 & Sapphire, how did you guys go with your PCIs? Ours is gonna be next Monday morning. It looks like they allot 2 hours to it, as our neighbour on the other side has his - with same SS - at 8am then ours is 10am.
dont be pressured for time. Take as long as it takes.
Hi julznjam hope PCI went well today! We get keys tomorrow!
hope yours isn't too far away either!
Thanks MyH1 & congrats on the keys! our pci went well & we get our keys on Wed 17th
Related
18/08/2023
PCI - How thorough were you?

Building A New House

We hired Darbecca to do every stage inspection, and I strongly recommend them to anyone that asks me. They were amazing. Thorough reports with photos at every stage,…

7/11/2023
Question regarding PCI and H&C Insurance

Building A New House

i would not be signing anything on the day read your contract about when builder submits final invoice generally, have to meet builder within 7 days of receiving final…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum