Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

NEW BUILDING -ISSUE

Page 1 of 1
Hi Guys/Girls, First time posting

We are currently building a house with Coral Homes. We are up to fitting out painting and tiling has been complete.

My question is most of our internal (besides wet areas) window trims, skirtings, door trims are MDF which is fine. What I can notice is where nail holes have been filled in because of the putty the painted area is raised slightly and can be seen from about 2m away, these can be seen more if the light is shinning on it.

What do you guys think is he right approach? Is this an Issue I should raise or am I being to picky?.

As this is my first build I would like some input and thoughts

Regards

Nath
Go and look at the Coral Homes Display House, you should expect the same standard.
Good idea just thought there would be an Australian/NSW standard for this or something..
Hi NDJS,
I'm building with Coral also,and my advise is to let your SS know, I definitely would.
They need to be sanded back to flush and re painted. Good luck less us know how you
go.
Julie
I agree with bashworth on this that the standard of the display home is what you would expect. Whether to fight for it is up to you but I know that if this was going to bug me for forever and a day that I would fight for it as it will always be there. If it doesn't worry you now then it probably never will.

This is your home and your $$, you should be happy with it.

Cheers, Jenny.
Thanks guys we are going through the house with the SS tomorrow (friday) and have already brought this issue up with him. He said this was an issue with MDF and many houses have this type of irregularity but I am not buying this response. I have also been through the display home and could not see any nail hole marks and I also got it confirmed by the sales consultant that the spec home is MDF as well.
clearly never heard of a nail punch
We've previously built and had an issue with the nailing of the eave boarding, it looked like a 5 yr old had been let loose with the nail gun. Didn't really care about the sides of the house, but the entrance and the alfresco, they needed to be fixed. SS was insistent it was within tolerance, I photographed their display home and showed them how it looked there - if they are presenting their homes a certain way, they have to deliver that to their customers. Needless to say, all roofing was replaced on alfresco, eaves and entrance. And nail points were marked this time and done properly.
Related
19/07/2023
URGENT·····Garage Boundary Wall Water Proofing Issue

Building A New House

thanks Chippy, i hope they have applied sealer but i am doubt to be honest, so i am gonna do this job after handover.

27/07/2023
James Hardie Linea Weatherboard - Issue - Current Build

General Discussion

Does it wipe off? Could be because of dry dirty drips.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum