Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Newport 309 - First home :)

Page 25 of 26
I know simone.. it s a good view isn't it..saw few houses coming up there.

I'll have to come over in summer and hang out on your balcony with you

You are Always welcome
!!! Have you got doorbell in yours? If so, did you do it with builder and if not, will you able to hear in firstfloor if someone knocks. Because i havent thought of it earlier. And now cant do it with the builder

Sounds like a plan
No we didn't think of a door bell either and we don't have a peep hole so can't see who is at the door. I can here people knocking when I'm upstairs I think. I want to end up getting the doorbell with the camera though.

Regarding the door bell, we put up a wireless doorbell on the door itself, works well and if u can't be bothered ringing the bell theres also a knocker!
I should get one of those lion knockers
hehe. So the wireless doorbell doesn't go off randomly or get interference?

PEARZ
Regarding the door bell, we put up a wireless doorbell on the door itself, works well and if u can't be bothered ringing the bell theres also a knocker!

I neither knew about wireless door bell or knockers. Thanks for letting me know. Made it much easier and the problem solved without taking it to the builder now.

Front garden
Part 1

Was so much run off concrete in it wasn't the easiest to dig out lol but very happy with it. We are going to put stones on but not sure what colour yet. And we went down to Phillip Island on Saturday & found some letter box inspo
What you think? Btw that's my dad sussing it out lol

Here is one of the photo's from Saturday how amazing does this look

Nice little garden
. What a coincidence we went to Philip island on saturday too. My inlaws are here for few months . So went with them. It was such a nice weather to be there isn't it.

Thanks Jang haha great minds think alike hey. It was beautiful I didn't want to leave lol where did you go to? We went on quite an adventure seeing all the different beaches and views.

Nice work on the garden. Out front still looks like a clay pit.

Luv the letterbox !!

Thanks Jill. Lol yeah our front is all uneven clay & run off concrete & weeds that's our next project. Lol our nature strip has all the run off concrete rubble on it not sure how we are going to get rid of it. Probably a skip
blah waste of money. Yeah I liked the letter box as it's a bit different and looks sturdy plus we could put a matching box around our taps too as they are an eyesore.

That's what we have planned around our taps too. It's really terrible to look at.

Yeah I don't understand why they had to make them look so ugly and stand out so much.

[[Sapphire]]
Thanks Jang haha great minds think alike hey. It was beautiful I didn't want to leave lol where did you go to? We went on quite an adventure seeing all the different beaches and views.

Sorry for late reply Simone. True it was very beautiful, me and the kids neither wanted to leave. We went to wildlife sanctuary, amze n things my little daughter loved it, beach in cowes i think, and penguin parade.
BTW love your postbox
. May i ask you where did you get that from. It is quite different and nice.
jang25
You are Always welcome
!!! Have you got doorbell in yours? If so, did you do it with builder and if not, will you able to hear in firstfloor if someone knocks. Because i havent thought of it earlier. And now cant do it with the builder

That's okay Jang
we went down to the end of the penguin parade & walked the boardwalk part thats where I got the nice photo from. Phillip Island & Inverloch & Wonthaggi are all great places to go down to & explore with the kids. I loved it when I was younger. The wooden post box isn't ours its one I took a photo of in Phillip Island
we are going to try and replicate it or something similar.

Oh great you were also there in penguin parade. They were too cute, my son who just turned one was jumping up and down to catch them. both kids enjoyed watching them walk.
Post box is looking great. Good idea to replicate it.

Slowly getting there
First stones we bought which I love barely filled a quarter and were so expensive so had to go with these ones which I'm happy with when they are dry like in the pictures but the colour goes less white when wet. Now to tackle the rest of the front yard & build a letter box and box around the taps(do they have to put them in so high
?) Hope everyone Christmas and New Years went well
can't believe we've been in our house for over a year now!

Happy New Year Simone! You are doing so well with your front garden. I love the colour of your stone. It goes nicely with your driveway colour - dark/light contrast. We still have not done any landscaping.

Related
19/04/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

So it looks like we finally have some movement on site! Definitely later than expected, but I'll take any progress at this point. I'll drop by over the weekend to get…

3/03/2024
Cost to pre wire home for smart home system with builder

Lighting + Lighting Design

We already paid for somfy motors for the blinds. The quote above was purely for “pre-wiring” so the blinds company can install the motors and blinds. That’s why we…

9/04/2024
First Avenue Homes Experience

General Discussion

Looks like they are still building.....

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum