Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Rawson Seaview 36: Practical Completion Date - 11/3/16 (Syd)

Page 16 of 16
It's been a while between drinks but figured it was worth a quick update on our build process wit Rawson, particularly the back end of it and the warranty period and claim.

After some hefty delays and some sub par wok by the sub contractors we were left with a bad taste in our mouths but I must say that we've had a very positive experience with the warranty claim department and the team who did the work. All issues we raised have been rectified, which included: redoing all taps heights to vanities, redoing a section of the gutters due to incorrect slope causing pooling, redoing a couple sections of gyprock due to creases showing, general paint crack repairs to a few minor spots and rectifying dimmer, fan and oven minor electrical issues.

Our biggest issue was with our SS at the time and his more management skills. This caused excess delays but in the end we got there and the overall build we are very happy with. We just finished our simple landscaping and are settling nicely.

That's great! I've been worried after hearing so many post-handover horror stories.

Here's a couple pics of the end result...

Wow, looks fantastic!

red15
That's great! I've been worried after hearing so many post-handover horror stories.

This is kind of the reason why I decided to post, I've been seeing a lot of Rawson backlash but I wanted to share my experience, both good and bad. The warranty team sure made up for the 3-4 month of delay BS we went through.

Looks great iverson, I love how the facade turned out, and the grass looks fantastic. Wondered what had happened to you post handover! If you don't mind, Can you share some photos of you finished timber floors, would love to see how they turned out........

Here's a couple pics of the floor for your reference.

Also the reason for being MIA is 2 fold, plenty of work post handover going on each weekend and the best part of it is I've got a lovely little daughter as of about 10 weeks ago

Congrats! You must be over the moon with the new house and your baby girl!

It's either smashing incredible success or crushing hopeless defeat. There is no middle ground! - Calvin and Hobbes
Congratulations on the birth of your daughter! How exciting! Can understand how between the little one and the house you've been busy! You home is simply gorgeous- that flooring OMG! The facade is also divine

C U S T O M. C O R A L. B R O N T E. 43
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=79581
Congratulations on your baby girl. Thanks for the pics of the floor, finished product looks great!

Thanks guys! Over the moon on all fronts but especially with the new edition to the family. Still so many projects to take on... alfresco and porch tiling, veggie patch, garage floor sealing, driveway seal and tint, BBQ area, the list goes on

HI Iversion, one quick question mate, I am also building Seaview31 with Rawson in Schofields. Did you paid extra from the Cedar frame and balcony for the timber red color or was it part of standard range.
The fascade is extra
Hi Pongie, I am also building trend facade as what iversion has made. It just I don't have clarity if cedar will have any color selctioons
Yes, during the appointment they will ask you what colours do you want to stain the deck, matrix and stairs (if you have upgraded that too).
pongie
Yes, during the appointment they will ask you what colours do you want to stain the deck, matrix and stairs (if you have upgraded that too).

I havent gone for upgrades there. Do you have list of what standard colors in stain they offer ?
Hi Guys, got the answer from Rawson. Cedar batten and Decking follows the standard color scheme from stain colors. No upgrade cost for the same. I am not checking with them regarding Entrance Door stain colors if they also part of standard.
Related
7/05/2023
Builder not giving letter of commencement and practical comp

Building A New House

The HIA contract, in the term & conditions section states that "Commencment" is deemed when the drainage is started or the piers are dug or the slab is formed up (incase…

24/02/2024
Building in Vineyard with Rawson

Building A New House

Just started the Build process for Chifley 42 with Rawson homes, will keep you all posted with the Build progress.

24/11/2023
late completion penalty

Building A New House

Like I said the Occupancy Certificate is not the tollgate that marks the completion of the house. The contract defines…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum