Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Rawson Seaview 36: Practical Completion Date - 11/3/16 (Syd)

Page 1 of 16
Hey all,

For anyone interested in Rawson Homes, particular the Seaview 36 with some slight mods, I'm going to be tracking the build and providing some pics over the next few months.

We opted for the Seaview due to the layout which we really liked. We looked at most of Sydney's display homes for many months before settling on the Seaview. One of the main draw cards was the open plan in the living areas, ensuite and the fact it fit on our 14.5m frontage land. Below are the modified plans.

Hi,

I also consider which builder is better, I also like Seaview 36 rear. What about your price. We can communicate by email.
We are yet to have our tender presentation so I won't know costs until then. Should have the tender done in about 2 weeks I hope.
So after what feels like an eternity, we've starting our build. Surveyors have been on site and pegged it up and earthworks in preparation for the slab commence mid/late next week.

I'll provide updates and the build progresses for those that are interested. Here's a pic of our humble block.

Hello iverson_iii

We are building with Rawson, see our blog ourhomebrickbybrick@wordpress.com

You have probably already had your tender by now

We didn't notice a big difference in Tender price versus contract price. Except for the extras we added on.
Rawson were generous with the provisional allowances, it's all been smooth sailing so far.

How have you found the process so far?
Hey Brick...

We tendered about 6-7 months ago. Finally getting to the build stage now. In the end, the tender price was very similar to the contract price. Rawson were great throughout the pre construction phase.

How have you found them during the construction phase so far and where are you up to?
A couple update pics... cut/fill and piering done. Slab to go down this week I'm told.

Quick update on the build... Our builder was busy last week getting the site ready for slab pouring. All the form work, plumbing etc has been done and slab was due to be poured last Friday but the weather did not permit. Slab should be poured today fingers crossed.

Great work so far by Rawson Homes. They've been very prompt in their dealing and spot on with the timeframes they're provding.

Rawson kicked off this week with installation of the first floor frames. Very happy with the progress since construction commenced on 7 May 2015.

For anyone that's been in this position, what is the most appropriate time to get our building inspector in there? We've been advised that just before the gyprock goes up is probably the best time and most value.

We had the same priority number thing but we bought ours in March 2014 and it registered two weeks ago. Looking at an August start!

We are also building with Rawson. Love your colour choices.

Curious as to how much the flooring (laminate) and bath upgrades cost you?
We recently has our frame inspection done, organise about the time the roof finished. There are different stages, it depend how comfortable/trust you feel about your builder.
Cheers datdat. Do you mean when the roof framing is done or when the tiles are on?
iverson_iii
Cheers datdat. Do you mean when the roof framing is done or when the tiles are on?

Roof tiles
A little update on our build, we've got the lower level frames progressing nicely and the 2nd storey frames have arrived on site and we're expecting them to be erected this week.

quick question for anyone who has build with Rawson, what was your actual construction time? Not including the pre-construction admin side of things. Construction started 7 May 2015 and we're wondering if we'll get in by the end of the year?

Cheers,
D

From reading other blogs timeline and what my SS has told me is that it will take around 8 months for a two storey from slab to PCI. After PCI it will depend on issues and your bank.

So i'm into my 5th months since slab, this week our house got the staircase and cabinetry installed, my SS estimate another 10 more weeks to PCI.
Yeah that sounds reasonable time wise for a 2 storey. I was quietly hoping to be done in 6 months but that's very optimistic lol

Fingers crossed this weather holds out and the guys can start working on the 2nd level.
These guys a quick, went out there today and the 2nd level is coming up nicely.

Looking good there, their carpenter is fast and efficient isn't it.
Definitely seems like it. Its great seeing progress.

Hey datdat, after the frames are up is it bricks next, then tiles and then? Are you able to share the stages that you've witnessed on your build so far?
Yes sure, our SS focus was to get the exterior done.

Bricks is next, our one took forever, just 1 brick layer, took around around 6-7 weeks to complete. Once that is done, main roof tiles goes on, pretty quick 2 days. Then eaves, fascia, plumbing, gutter etc... bits and pieces here and there that span over a few weeks.
Related
7/05/2023
Builder not giving letter of commencement and practical comp

Building A New House

The HIA contract, in the term & conditions section states that "Commencment" is deemed when the drainage is started or the piers are dug or the slab is formed up (incase…

24/02/2024
Building in Vineyard with Rawson

Building A New House

Just started the Build process for Chifley 42 with Rawson homes, will keep you all posted with the Build progress.

24/11/2023
late completion penalty

Building A New House

Like I said the Occupancy Certificate is not the tollgate that marks the completion of the house. The contract defines…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum