Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes' Daydream 32 in Kurri Kurri NSW

Page 14 of 15
Looking good. Must be so nice to have flooring down and now just be waiting on backorder items.
Not long now.....

Cristyandpercy1
Thanks for you opinion/advice. I only understand about half of it, but I'm taking it with me to go over with the SS, so thanks

The problem with installs such as this is that they are nearly always still compliant as is yours apart from the pressure pipe not being painted or otherwise protected. Checking that the submersible pump is located above the sediment layer is also a manufacturers warranty issue, not one of compliance.

The regulations are inadequate and offer little assurance of a good installation. It comes down to the plumber's knowledge and competence in the first instance and the builder's social conscience to ensure that you are presented with a system that is fit for purpose after you present your reasons for concern.

Good luck.
Good luck for PCI tomorrow!
Cristyandpercy1
the solar inverted (we have also paid extra as a cash job for an upgrade to a 3.66 instead of the 1.5 in the contract and the extra panels)

Are you able to say how much this was? did you call the installer before they were due to come out to install or talk to your supervisor?
Thanks!
We got them to do it towards the end (they have to come back to the inverter in), but it's probably easier if you haven't started building to organise it beforehand. We talked to out SS and got the number of the solar people directly because of Coral are involved, they charge you double, if not triple what the solar company does. Our upgrade from1.5 to 3.66 was $3100. The solar people looked at our electrical plan/a/c plan and said 3.66 would be more than enough
That price included the bigger inverter and the extra 8 panels for the roof. Hope that helps

Building our first dream home in NSW
PCI done! There are quite a few red dots around the house (mainly paint and a few touch ups in nicks in the wall). A couple of bigger things:
* our front lights aren't working... They aren't connected to any light switch like they are obviously meant to be
* the sliding doors for the study are needed
* the skirting boards in the laminate area have been tacked on and move and aren't up to standard.

Our SS said external cleaning will happen tomorrow and two different certifiers will come through tomorrow to approve the house and give us the occupancy certificate to send on to the bank. We have gotten our final payment invoice (of course) and our bank will hopefully have someone come out to approve the build and send us the cheque so we are ready for handover early-mid next week

Now we have to deal with fencing this week, driveway straight up post handover and finally decide on blinds so we aren't waiting weeks and weeks for them!!

our study cupboard sans doors

Linen cupboard

Media room

Kitchen as taken from family room

Family room as taken from dining room

Games room looking back into the house

Alfresco/outdoor kitchen

Outdoor kitchen sink/granite bench up lose

The cover our corner windows get Daydreamers

Looking back in from the alfresco

Our kitchen from another angle

Master bedroom

Walk in

Ensuite

Ensuite from another angle

And another

Kids' shower head... Regretting not getting the bigger one like the ensuite

Kids bathroom

Pantry

Kids playroom

My daughter's room

Spare room

My son's room

Wow! Congrats! It looks amazing! You must be so pleased & excited!
Yeah we are. And honestly just so glad it's nearly over! I can't even imagine how you would be feeling!

Wow I love those windows! Yay it's almost finally over

My build
viewtopic.php?t=76386
Cristyandpercy1
Yeah we are. And honestly just so glad it's nearly over! I can't even imagine how you would be feeling!

We are so so close to that finish line! The tradies have been great & done an awesome job. It's just the SS & poor organisation........
Ohh it all looks so lovely! Those windows are awesome.

Looks amazing, love everything
Loving all your choices! Especially the media room! Nice work!!

Oh wow!!! Your house is absolutely gorgeous. I'm so happy for you and Daydream to have finally reached this stage. Congratulations
Hi. We are in the process of planning our 'daydream'. Would you mind sharing your planning of the glass splashback and the costing involved?

Hey michaelandkaty1, we had a glass splashback as part of our 'inspirations' package that coral homes offered at the time (no longer available), so we didn't pay any extra, sorry. Get it quoted in your contract before selection stage so you can take it out if it's too much maybe?

We had our block cleaned and smoothed over today and our portaloo and temporary fencing taken away!! Bring on next week

Clean and fence free!!

It looks fabulous

So.... what plans do you have for the front? I think we're going to concrete from the driveway right up to the front door and just leave a little room on the right there in line with the study for a garden. Well, a hedge really, which will wrap around to in front of the boys rooms. We are NOT gardeners...
Yeah that's our plan too I think. Our place is a battle axe block so the front part of our driveway (30m) is already concrete, it's just what you see in the photo that isn't done yet so we don't need council approval and haven't made any actual decisions.... But a small low maintenance garden/hedge is what I'm leaning towards because we aren't gardeners either lolol

Related
2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

14/04/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

In Qld it is a requirement that a builder must have a cost breakdown, for building a home to the same specification, with the same inclusions and the same finish. So ask…

8/01/2024
Mojo Homes, Enigma 46 - Gables NSW

Building A New House

Hi all, We are considering Enigma 46 from Mojo Homes in Gables, NSW. Has anyone built with Mojo and any pointers and feedback. Also, if anyone has built similar design…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum