Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our Nova Build by McDonald Jones Homes at Jordan Springs

Page 1 of 1
Hello!

This forum has been a great help to us when making decisions so we thought it would be great to document our progress as others have done.

I'll start with noting we are first home owners, which obviously means first time builders as well. Prior to this, we have had no experience at all when it comes to picking a block of land, down to picking a size or colour of a brick etc.!

We brought an unregistered block in August so things may take a little longer for us than it has others. Land isn't due to be registered until June 2015 at Jordan Springs

DESIGN:
The design we've picked is the Nova by McDonald Jones Homes.
Although this wasn't on display anywhere we fell in love with the floor plan and the display homes at Kellyville Home World.

We made very minor changes to the house
* We have a recess in our theatre room
* We have a recessed wall in the family room
* We extended our wardrobes from 2 doors to 3 doors
* We added recesses to both showers
* We changed doors on the pantry and added one to the theatre room
* We added on the Impressions upgrades package by McDonald Jones

PLAN:
http://mcdonaldjoneshomes.com.au/sites/default/files/styles/home-design-floorplan-page-image/public/floorplans/images/genone-nova-lhs-1900x2546.png

TIMELINE:
24th August 2014- Purchased Land

20th September 2014 - Accepted plans from McDonald Jones Homes (MJH) paid deposit
Are you still going ahead with MJH KristyLee?
firsttimer05
Are you still going ahead with MJH KristyLee?

Hi,

Yes we are, we have finished our colour appointment and everything! Very exciting! check out my blog, the link is in my signature
I have had a read, congratulations. Whereabouts in JS have you bought? Look forward to updates:)
firsttimer05
I have had a read, congratulations. Whereabouts in JS have you bought? Look forward to updates:)

We have bought in Northridge on Guardian Way

Very exciting!!

Are you building in Jordan Springs?
Put a deposit on land in Illoura today! Goodluck with your build the MJH's are great
Related
26/10/2023
Building with Mcdonalds jones home

Building A New House

Hi AKG, We had a base tender of $592 for 31 squares from MC Donald Jones. It looks relatively cheaper than other builders. But I assume there are many hidden things that…

8/11/2023
Our house was beautiful until Distinctive Homes destroyed ou

General Discussion

of course there are legal avenues. You've already mentioned it. Sue them. I find it odd that lawyers wouldnt be willing to take on the case, given CCT evidence and…

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum