Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our semi acreage 'Forever House' Build - Pool Under Construc

Page 64 of 67
Super pretty mr bee. Such a moody afternoon hey. That two story house over the road looks huge. Wooo hooo grass is lovely, im so jealous

Tribe7
Super pretty mr bee. Such a moody afternoon hey. That two story house over the road looks huge. Wooo hooo grass is lovely, im so jealous

Plantation house I'm not sure which plan but I reakon a good 400-450m2 certainly fills the block for 2 story place!
Stunning !

Gorgeous!

Sent from Tapatalk
Looking good Bees!
Wow your house is so beautiful and I just love the shape of the ariel shot

Well baby steps... but we have been getting along with some front gardens, i'm now 90% happy with front grass coverage, it looks good enough from the street now, we have completed the garden beds along the front of the house just need a few more plants to fill them out, have also started a small hedge around the inside of the driveway we have so far done about 50% of this garden and started to fill with hedges...

Next up is to finish that inside garden bed and hedges, then move over to the side boundary where we will plant out the neighbors house with lilly pilly then towards the front do some smaller hedge style so we still keep security and visibility to the entire front...

here's a pic showing some of the gardens... at night

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b38/njectme/porte_zpsvn4hsxsr.jpg
Here's what we've done so far with the front gardens. I got a trailer load of new plants today to fill them a bit more

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b38/njectme/Forever%20House/BE90FEC1-7AFB-469C-8FDF-C088B4BD7320_zpsttyy6enq.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b38/njectme/Forever%20House/C6BB8AAB-6872-4262-A9E4-EF1BE57E58A2_zpsvp8wr695.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b38/njectme/Forever%20House/C0485976-A93F-4C48-B34A-7E3361695F15_zpsjgi741mu.jpg

THAT

IS

BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Looks amazing Mr Bee.

Looking great mr bee, the front gardens will fill up nicely. Ohhh exciting with the new plants they will look great once planted.

Loving the garden bees!

IssyandOzzy
Hootie
THAT

IS

BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Thank you still want to put some sort of covering over the entrance concrete to connect more to the front door steps but still undecided as to what that will be.
Bjhf
Looks amazing Mr Bee.

Thanks Bjhf, hoping your place is finished soon so you can get cracking with your landscaping too
Tribe7
Looking great mr bee, the front gardens will fill up nicely. Ohhh exciting with the new plants they will look great once planted.

Thanks, I don't want to over crowd them still want them to be nice and simple I'm pretty much happy with fillment of one side I just have to even them up a bit.

The plants I got from a friendly local were dwarf Rhoeo (the purple/green you can see) I find it's a great space filler with a bit of colour that multiplies easily. I was lucky enough to find a lady redoing her gardens down the road so scored them all for free which was awesome.
IssyandOzzy
Loving the garden bees!

IssyandOzzy

TomCat
Me too! Love that pointy/spikey plant growing in what looks like white marble chip. Doesn't look bee-friendly though

Thanks the the Rhoeo I love the variance in colour gives the garden some life.

Was hard to find white rocks that complemented the driveway and house! Went to a couple landscapers looking for something suitable but all white tone rocks were about $330 per m3 and they weren't even white! I ended up finding these ones which are nice and white with a bit of speckle for 1/3 the price.

We are going to use this rock for all our garden beds so they look uniform and look nice and crisp against the green plants and grass
Never heard of rhoeo. Just looked them up ... No good down here -- die if temps drop below 6 degrees. (Can overnight in winter). Great plan with the white stone. Beautiful house. Inside and out
TomCat
Never heard of rhoeo. Just looked them up ... No good down here -- die if temps drop below 6 degrees. (Can overnight in winter). Great plan with the white stone. Beautiful house. Inside and out

Bugger looks like we are too cold for them too - I only just jotted down the name till I saw you comment
Tomcat and MNT they might be fine at your places, we had them at our old place and we had really cold winter nights of less than 6 and ours were fine. I think the frost might be what kills them??? You could always try them. They do how ever get massive and spread.

Related
21/05/2023
Knock down semi, inner west Sydney

Building A New House

Hi I live in a 100yr old semi and my neighbour added an additional floor last yr and our architect has advised that we can knock down our semi and build a free-standing…

4/09/2023
Wide floor plan volume/semi-custom

Building A New House

Hi, Seeking volume or semi-custom builder in victoria(east), which have existing double story wide floor plans. Seeking 18-20m wide homes with depth of 12-15m long. Or…

31/10/2023
Acreage, double storey

Building A New House

We're in NSW, but designs from anywhere ok for inspo!

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum