Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral homes daydream 30 at Logan Village

Page 5 of 10
Mellywil
Very nice. Are you getting tiles or floorboards in the rest of the house - sorry can't keep everybody's builds straight in my head!

Getting tiles in rest of house, except for bedrooms, study and media where we have carpet.
They are the same tiles as we have in the main bathroom, laundry and toilet floors, didn't want to be changing tiles every room you walk into, wanted a flow through the main part of the house.
Painters have started so the whole place has covers over everything, plastic sheets on all the windows and covering the new tiling in the bathrooms, toilet and laundry. Makes it very hard to take photos and the place is full of paint fumes, so cool that the painting has started though.

Paint colour is Grand Piano 1/4 strength on all the interior walls with Lexicon 1/2 strength on the architrave and internal doors, and Grand Piano 1/2 strength on the exterior woodwork.
Just a couple of pics of the alfresco area.

Tiles in the wet areas have all been grouted and really like the way the white grout looks against the dark tiles in the ensuite, gives them some punch I think. But it also looks good in the main bathroom with the light brown tiling.

Painting is almost complete, just waiting on the front door to be stained so hopefully that will happen in the next couple of days.

Click on the link for more pics.
[img][IMG]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/comfortablynumb119/PA311098_zps6ce7230c.jpg[/img][/img]

On a more annoying note, things didn't really go as planned while I was making the mailbox for the new house, Drill fell off the bench and stabbed the drill bit straight into my foot lodging in one of the bones there and snapping off, so now I have about 20mm of drill bit stuck in a bone until I can get into surgery to get it removed. Ouch.

Ouch! The letterbox looks good though

LOVE the dark tile in the ensuite
You are right too, the grout really makes a difference.
Ouch!! I love your tile colour in the ensuite!! Beautiful

Building our first dream home in NSW
Oh no! How's your foot? When have you got surgery?
Letterbox looks fantastic though
Back in the real world after 3 days in hospital to get that annoying drill bit removed, all good, still hobbling around on crutches for a couple of days but should be right by the weekend.
Here's the culprit. lol

No more pics of me, after this it's back to the build.
OMG, seriously OUCH! Just looking at that pic makes me feel ill....
Back to the build, things are still progressing, bath and toilets went in this week.

Looking amazing

Building our first dream home in NSW
The bath looks really amazing. Is it just the standard bath or an upgrade? I am longing to have a bath again... *sigh*
Mellywil
The bath looks really amazing. Is it just the standard bath or an upgrade? I am longing to have a bath again... *sigh*

Bath is just the standard one that came with the Avoca series when we changed the master and ensuite from the daydream to the avoca.
I am 6'1" and I can sit in it comfortably with my legs straight out, there is a photo but that is not going on here, lol
jwbear

Bath is just the standard one that came with the Avoca series when we changed the master and ensuite from the daydream to the avoca.
I am 6'1" and I can sit in it comfortably with my legs straight out, there is a photo but that is not going on here, lol

Oh go on, where's your sense of adventure. Wait, you are CLOTHED in the photo aren't you?

I'm getting a slightly bigger bath than standard. I do love a long soak
Mellywil
jwbear

Oh go on, where's your sense of adventure. Wait, you are CLOTHED in the photo aren't you?

I'm getting a slightly bigger bath than standard. I do love a long soak

Yes, I am clothed???
Just me and Jack (the dog) giving the bath a test.
Bet you could do with that long soak to wash away any lasting thoughts of the banks right now.
[quote="jwbear"]

Yes, I am clothed???
Just me and Jack (the dog) giving the bath a test.
Bet you could do with that long soak to wash away any lasting thoughts of the banks right now.
/quote]

We're not talking about banks today.
My brain needs a day off. So why am I on H1?
Hi jwbear,

Following your build, sorry about the foot and the letterbox, just add it to your memories of the build

I'm seriously considering those bricks and wonder if you have a pic of the outside with roof, unless I've missed it,
Thanks,
TraceyWayne
Hi jwbear,

Following your build, sorry about the foot and the letterbox, just add it to your memories of the build

I'm seriously considering those bricks and wonder if you have a pic of the outside with roof, unless I've missed it,
Thanks,

Yep, here is a pic, they are Alpine double height and the roof is Basalt.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/comfortablynumb119/PA161047_zps78564100.jpg
Sparkies have been in to do their thing, we now have light.

Click on the link for more pics

[img][IMG]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/comfortablynumb119/PB071146_zps4fcd13e8.jpg[/img][/img]

Thanks for the house pic!!!

Looking great altogether
I really like those bricks and your kitchen!

Cheers!
Related
2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

14/04/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

In Qld it is a requirement that a builder must have a cost breakdown, for building a home to the same specification, with the same inclusions and the same finish. So ask…

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum