Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Builder send you invoice before actually complete stage

Page 1 of 1
Hi guys,

just wondering what will you normally do when Builder send you a invoice before actually completing stage ? they only give you 7 days to pay as well .
If you do a search on the topic a couple of threads have already covered this in detail.
I emailed the supervisor and the person billing telling them the stage is not finished and when it is finished I will issue payment. Normally it is the process not talking to each other. We did this a couple of times with no issue.
UpsizeTime thanks for your information . That is exactly what I did .and just waiting for them to replied. hope they have no issues for them .

The only annoying bit is that , they did not sent me the claim through email like previous stage . They sent to me through mail. the claim issues last saturday . but arrive at my home today . That is already four days pass.
Yes that is annoying and weird why the sent it snail mail. Which payment is this one? Is it a major one? I would phone and talk to them, I love to email and do phone call follows up. At least you look proactive about it, your not refusing to pay just that the work needs to be finished accordingly prior to payment
That is Frame stage , by the time I get the mail was already 7 pm , so I dropped them an email . will do a follow up call tomorrow afternoon ,if they don't replied me in the morning
This is easy don’t pay till the terms of trade in your contract states that payment is required but start the payment period from when the works have been actually completed.
Berstan Homes
This is easy don’t pay till the terms of trade in your contract states that payment is required but start the payment period from when the works have been actually completed.

+1
Related
21/07/2023
Final Invoice vs OC

General Discussion

Hi, I am approaching end of the build. My final invoice will be given to me soon to pay. Some context before I ask my question. 1. My builder wont do the landscaping or…

2/09/2023
Questions to ask a builder before you begin?

Building A New House

Ardo That is so funny! I wonder how many people know who Larry Haun is these days. I have a couple of young guys we call Mo 1 & Mo 2 who run a crew of 6 boys and…

18/09/2023
General questions about building before I go to my builder

Building A New House

You should check your detail drawings, it may show downpipe within brick pier.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum